Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your opinion about getting a lip wax?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
The person who does my brows keeps trying to get me to get a lip wax but I'm a little nervous about it. I have noticed that I am more hairy there than in years past so I'm thinking about getting it done. Do you get a lip wax? What are the pros and cons and things to look out for? TIA
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
The person who does my brows keeps trying to get me to get a lip wax but I'm a little nervous about it. I have noticed that I am more hairy there than in years past so I'm thinking about getting it done. Do you get a lip wax? What are the pros and cons and things to look out for? TIA

jom,

I have had it done in salons and also did it myself at home. It makes you a little red (not horrible) for a while and it's a bit sticky! I always took my pressed MMU to touch up and cover after. The worst I have seen is on another who had little white bumps right after that calmed down after about 15 minutes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
So how's te lip wax working? I haven't tried it before. I prefer a lip mask, seems more gentle. Is lip wax more efficient than lip mask?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
So how's te lip wax working? I haven't tried it before. I prefer a lip mask, seems more gentle. Is lip wax more efficient than lip mask?

If you mean something like Nair when you say lip mask that doesn't work at all for me, it just makes any hair I have tried it on shrivel up but never gets it off...YUCK! Waxing works great for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

jom,

I have had it done in salons and also did it myself at home. It makes you a little red (not horrible) for a while and it's a bit sticky! I always took my pressed MMU to touch up and cover after. The worst I have seen is on another who had little white bumps right after that calmed down after about 15 minutes.

Thanks DarkMoon, do you use Retin A? I get my brows threaded or tweezed (lately I've been getting them tweezed) because I use Retin A so the esthetecian receommended I not use Retin A for two days before my next appointment if I want to get my lip waxed. Is that enough time or how long do you wait if you use Retin A?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Jom The strongest I have ever used is the Green Cream 9 and that's only been in the last year! I have read that you should not use Retin A for at least 2 days before waxing. Hopefully someone who does both can answer better for you! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Retin A and was going nuts not being able to wax until I remembered that I have an old Epilady hair remover. It's the kind that has the coils that pull out the hair. It's so much faster than tweezing. Downside is that I only have the one for legs so it's a little less effective for the small area around my mouth, but it does work. I can't use it around my eyebrows, but that's not really an issue for me.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I use an epilator - but those coil ones are old hat now. The newer models have rows of tweezer type things and work much better. They're allot more gentle too.

I also quite often just shave my face with a dry disposable razor. But I only have peach fuzz, no real dark regrowth.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I use the little Nads wax strips (similar to Nair wax strips). Doesn't even leave me red at all anymore. My skin must be used to it. Follow instructions. I go over the same area twice to get as much hair as possible but don't try three times or you can end up with a sore. Remove any left over sticky wax bits with baby oil on a tissue. I then cleanse thoroughly with my usual cleanser to remove the baby oil. Sometimes i'll do this once a week, but usually i'm slack & only do it every 2 or 3 weeks.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Do you think sensitive skin can try lip wax??
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I think so. I would suggest only do each area once though & removing as i explained in my post above. It's so cheap & easy to wax yourself. I wouldn't waste money paying someone to do it for you.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I started waxing my upper lip a few years ago and now I seldom have to do it, the hair eventually stops growing in. Just be sure not to use Retin-A at least two days before otherwise you could peel off a layer of skin. Shock
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't consider my skin to be overly sensitive, but I have tried waxing three times (was not using Retin A at all at that time) and tried threading once. Each time I tried I ended up with little whiteheads all over my upper lip area that took a week or so to heal up. As much as I would like the hair to be gone, I'm too afraid to try it again, so I bleach it.

I guess my experience is rare, but I just thought I'd pass it on to let others know that waxing doesn't always give the most positive result.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
When I do it at home I use a product called NoTweeze, it's not the Honey looking wax that they use in salons now with cloth strips, it drys hard but I have not only used it on myself but many others and I never see that reaction, yet I have with the "soft waxes" that are common now? Shock

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
the one thing that hinders me from getting a lip wax is the fact that the hair keeps growing and you have to keep waxing smh!I'm yet to come across a one-time solution for hairs on the chin and upper lip besides waxing/threading/bleaching the hair!Does anybody know any permanent or atleast long term solution versus the 4-6 weeks waxing methods

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wax my lip, but my skin is super sensitive , so my skin will be red for a couple of hours.
A year ago I've discover the threading, so every month I go to the salon for eye brows and lip threading.
It's so much better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I used those wax strips for lip hair and not only did it not work, I think it caused a spider vein where i tore the strip off. Never again!! lol.
bunnyman
5% products discount

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wax my upper lip because I am prone to cold sores and the waxing trauma can trigger an outbreak. Also, ethnic skin can hyperpigment with the trauma of waxing. I would recommend threading instead of waxing. Some people bleach the lip hair.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I use the Epicare. It works great to reduce the amount of hair. I do only have blond peach fuzz though.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
makeup101 wrote:
the one thing that hinders me from getting a lip wax is the fact that the hair keeps growing and you have to keep waxing smh!I'm yet to come across a one-time solution for hairs on the chin and upper lip besides waxing/threading/bleaching the hair!Does anybody know any permanent or atleast long term solution versus the 4-6 weeks waxing methods

Actually the more you wax, the less hair you will have. That is a guarantee! I know this to be true from waxing my bikini line. I also like the product "NoTweeze" that Dark Moon mentioned. Get it from Sally's Beauty Supply. To get permanently remove upper lip hair, get electrolysis.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |