Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

GENERIC RETIN-A...NOT QUITE RIGHT....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
i bought some generic retin-a

however the texture is runny.....its also a different colour from the 0.01% i used before

is this normal to experience different textures and colour with lower percents of retin-a?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Different generic brands use different base creams/gels, so you may see some difference in the texture and color. Should still have the same active ingredient (tretinion).

Where did you buy it from?
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smile

i normally get my order from alldaychemist 0.01% its a true gel

This time i ordered from http://www.reliablerxpharmacy.com/

0.025% the gel is like a cream gel and runny Neutral

the use by date is summer 2013

the texture is just so weird i hope its not a dud Neutral
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
Hi Smile

I use the 0.1% gel from Alldaychemist and it is also different to the 0.25%. Do you realise that this is much stronger than the 0.25%?

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with this product. Just monitor your skin though because you're jumping from the lowest to the highest percentage. I've been using Retin-A for about four years and I still peel a little if I use the 0.1% gel too often.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I would not order from this company again. I ordered Latisse (for growing eyelashes)Nov. 11th. It's Dec. 2nd, and I still have not received my product. The postage was $25. After I placed my order I received a tracking number, but when I tried to track it, there was no record of my item with the carrier service. The company said to wait and check again. I kept checking, nothing. Finally I emailed the company that it wasn't appearing that my order was ever shipped. They wrote back that there was a glitch and it should be on the way. Again, tracking number wasn't showing up and no package. I continued to email the company. Finally yesterday Dec. 1st they said that there had been a problem with all the orders placed and they were reshipping it from New Jersey warehouse regular mail. It will be another week before I receive it regular mail. The company should have responded sooner to this and at the VERY least, considering I paid $25 postage and it's already so late, mailed it Priority Mail or Fed Ex'd it. Also, since it's Latisse, and once you stop, the eyelashes slough off, the beautiful eyelashes that I've spent a year growing out and that cost money and time, are now sloughing off. Will take a long time to get them back to this point. I would definitely order from any other online company besides this one.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
londongirl wrote:
Hi Smile

I use the 0.1% gel from Alldaychemist and it is also different to the 0.25%. Do you realise that this is much stronger than the 0.25%?

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with this product. Just monitor your skin though because you're jumping from the lowest to the highest percentage. I've been using Retin-A for about four years and I still peel a little if I use the 0.1% gel too often.

my mistake i bought 0.05% NOT 0.025 the texture threw me off as its so runny it just slides out tube very odd

but thanks for posting
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
ellelee wrote:
I would not order from this company again. I ordered Latisse (for growing eyelashes)Nov. 11th. It's Dec. 2nd, and I still have not received my product. The postage was $25. After I placed my order I received a tracking number, but when I tried to track it, there was no record of my item with the carrier service. The company said to wait and check again. I kept checking, nothing. Finally I emailed the company that it wasn't appearing that my order was ever shipped. They wrote back that there was a glitch and it should be on the way. Again, tracking number wasn't showing up and no package. I continued to email the company. Finally yesterday Dec. 1st they said that there had been a problem with all the orders placed and they were reshipping it from New Jersey warehouse regular mail. It will be another week before I receive it regular mail. The company should have responded sooner to this and at the VERY least, considering I paid $25 postage and it's already so late, mailed it Priority Mail or Fed Ex'd it. Also, since it's Latisse, and once you stop, the eyelashes slough off, the beautiful eyelashes that I've spent a year growing out and that cost money and time, are now sloughing off. Will take a long time to get them back to this point. I would definitely order from any other online company besides this one.

reliabexpharmacy also emailed me that weird tracking number that didnt work for ANY of the links they provided Neutral

it took a week to arrive which is fine but i agree that how they treated you was unprofessional
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I will add that I ordered some tazarotene from alldaychemist and I am fairly certain that it was a dud or fake. Since I had used the real thing from a prescription before, I could tell the difference.

The Retin A substitute, however, appears to be the real thing, not sure.

BF
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |