Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
HGH, Human Growth Hormone or Somatropine/pin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I've actually read a lot about this hormone... never really taken an interest, as I thought it to be dangerous.
I've just met a woman who is going to be seventy, looks fifty something and was really surprised when she told me her age, she then mentioned that she has taken HGH and estrogen's since her forties -she is a doctor by the way, and she recommends them highly in a correct dosage. As far as HGH she mentioned that she injected herself maybe two or three times a month and then took a rest of six months, this is on a basis of antiaging. I haven't met her in a patient-doctor environment, so I find it difficult to ask her many questions. I find it a bit scary but would like to know if anyone has tried any hormone therapy. I know that bodybuilders do, they are usually men and don't seem to think twice about taking hormones.. I seem to be scared stiff, yet this woman looks great for her age! So, I would be interested in knowing if there is anyone out there using any kind of hormone therapy, whether HGH-somatropin or other, that is safe and useful for health.
I have searched a lot and the information seems to be cut short.
I understand this may be a controversial subject but interested nevertheless.
TIA.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have not personally used HGH but I have read quite a lot of good stuff regarding it, the amazing beniftis it provides... however, as far as i know, it's very very expensive, several thousands $ a shot...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I have not personally used HGH but I have read quite a lot of good stuff regarding it, the amazing beniftis it provides... however, as far as i know, it's very very expensive, several thousands $ a shot...

I agree it sounds wonderful but you would need very very deep pockets!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I understand it is expensive, very... in Europe a shot costs about 500 € more or less... yet the benefits seem awesome, or at least that is what they say.
My question is if anyone has benefited from the use of this hormone, to check out if it is really true the benefits it claims.
I was told yesterday that this hormone was of no interest to the Social Service because of its price,therefore if anyone was interested pay yourself,... and on the other hand also that it would save thousands of dollars/euros/pounds on Social Service (Health) because of the health benefits it produces, preventing illness.

Weird, if something is good for the body, why is it so expensive? Pharmaceutical games? Money? Never heed, I guess I'll just have to ask this doctor even on a non patient status when I meet her again. I'll go on searching the web meanwhile and hope for any other comments.
TIA, A.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
There is some information on the following approved by the FDA.

http://www.theodora.com/drugs/accretropin_hgh_somatropin_cangene.html

Accretropin is approved by the FDA. Cangene's hGH (Recombinant Human Growth Hormone, rhGH) is a liquid sterile preparation of a polypeptide Growth Hormone produced by recombinant DNA technology. hGH has an amino acid sequence identical to that of human growth hormone of pituitary origin. This product is intended for subcutaneous injection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
From a user:

For the past 12 years since I’ve been interested in human growth hormone and using it for anti aging (and sometimes weight loss and body shaping) purposes, I’ve been reading all sorts of misconceptions about it. Here I will try my best to explain the facts about it.

http://www.immortalhumans.com/hgh/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.hghhelp.info/

HGH And The Anti Aging Therapy Controversy!
Using HGH as an effective anti-aging agent is very controversial at the moment. There seems to be supporting facts on both poles of the GH argument; on one hand those who swear that HGH is a fountain of youth still lack a definite authenticating study especially for supplements, on the other hand those who are against its use in anti aging therapy mostly disagree on the usefulness of HGH supplements and whether the risks involved with injections are worth the side effects. Still those who oppose the effectiveness of Human Growth Hormone supplements don’t seem to distinguish between the types of supplements they are targeting. Nowadays many HGH supplements manufacturers are coming out with their own studies to rebuke the attacks of those who disagree with them. Interestingly, the FDA does not consider Aging symptoms a medical condition so having an FDA sanctioned treatment for aging is out of the question! Consumers today have access to safe supplements such as Cloud Nine HGH, Genfx, HGH Energizer, GHR1000 , Provacyl, Genf20 Plus and Sytropin; these supplements are generally safe and don't require a prescription thus can be obtained legally online. Still, unlike the
injections, Human growth hormone supplements
need to be taken continuously for a while;
sometimes weeks elapse before getting the
optimal results. For this reason it is
recommended to take advantage of the bulk
discounts that many HGH supplement manufacturers are offering to make your quest for youth a much
more affordable one.

The Holy Grail Of Anti Aging HGH Clinical Studies

The Rudman HGH clinical study (New England Journal of Medicine, Volume 323, July 5, 1990 Number 1) is the foundation of the Human Growth Hormone revolution. Back in 1989 a well valued endocrinologist from the University of Wisconsin by the name of Donald Rudman, conducted an experiment where all the participants were given medical grade HGH injection (Somatropin) for six months and were specifically told not to change anything in their lifestyles (No changes to dietery, exercising, smoking and drinking habits). After the six months elapsed most of the subjects who were old men noticed significant benefits to their health. To name few: weight loss, thicker skin, better stamina, stronger hair, deeper sleep, less wrinkles, better recovery after exercise, lower cholesterol levels, leaner muscles and just an overall better sense of wellbeing were among the immediately noticeable effects of human growth hormone injections. In short all the subjects of this experiment felt years younger and much stronger. Regardless, the proof from Rudman’s study was still not enough to change the mind of the medical establishment which considers using HGH for anti aging  a type of quackery. As of today the FDA is still hesitant in approving HGH for aging symptoms reversal because the FDA does not consider aging a disease.  Ironically, the lack of support from the medical community was not enough to stop the use of HGH as an anti aging and anabolic agent by many with great results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks Darkmoon for this info! Very Happy

I've been checking about supplements that can enhance the release of HGH, which is apparently a slower way of going on about it, but somehow safer. The supplements I've read about tend to have arginine, ornithine, etc... I may give it a try, still searching for more info about the safety of this.
Found this page quite interesting in this sense:
http://www.besthghsupplements.net/
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
If I could afford it, I'd get it. When you use any hormones, you need to see an endocrinologist, especially one who specializes in antiaging. It seems that most of those doctors use HGH themselves. Maybe I need to marry an endocrinologist. Very Happy

Sly Stallone uses it because it was confiscated from him when he traveled out of the US. I guess it is still illegal in places.

DarkMoon, what do you take, for how long and where do you buy it? Do you take other hormones? I'd worry about throwing my estradiol, progesterone and thyroid hormones, which took me a year to finally balance, out of whack if I added something else into the mix.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin,

I wouldn't risk any hormone altering substances even the Bio-Identical Hormones without a doctor monitoring my levels very closely!

I take a lot of whole food supplements and probiotics by Garden Of Life. It's quite a list. But no HGH, like you it's price is also out of reach! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't imagine any Government wanting to make this readily available and affordable for everyone. The world's aging population is a very real problem for many countries. It is thought that Japan is heading for an economic crisis because of this factor.

But I'd certainly like to get my hands on it - I wonder if this is what all the celebrities get up to.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I couldn't imagine any Government wanting to make this readily available and affordable for everyone. The world's aging population is a very real problem for many countries. It is thought that Japan is heading for an economic crisis because of this factor.

But I'd certainly like to get my hands on it - I wonder if this is what all the celebrities get up to.

I am sure many do but I know Sylvester Stallone had his confiscated!

http://www.hghhelp.info/

It wasn't until lately that Human Growth Hormone one of Hollywood's greatest  anti-aging secrets has at last hit the main stream. Celebrities like Susan Somers and Sylvester Stallone have finally helped bring the HGH message out to the public eye in effect removing any stigma associated with it's use

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I started using hGH for my CFS over a year ago. I switched to Sermorelin because the cost of the hHG about 200$ a month with one injection/night.

The Sermorelin costs 77$/month with one injection/night. CFS is linked to sleep deprivation which causes low to non-existent levels of growth hormone. So taking it restores levels and causes you to sleep better so you get out of that damaging vortex.

The side effects are younger looking skin, loosing that fat roll around the middle, gaining muscle and losing fat, looking younger, having more energy, I also lost close to 15 pounds and got my body back yay!!!!!!

Sermorelin is an hGH releaser, it stimulates the pituitary to release hGH. They say that using hGH can plateau your levels and you don't get that with Sermorelin. I won't stop using it EVER, having said that everyone should chose their poison so to speak. Nothing you put in your body is risk free, so I don't use caffeine, sugar, alcohol, junk food, or most drugs and I feel the risk/benefit to be worth it. Very Happy

I also use compounded hormone replacement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:

The Sermorelin costs 77$/month with one injection/night.

Wow, $77 per month is a great price. I spend nearly that on vitamins. Is that US, Canadian or Australian dollars?

I'll have to do some research as I've never heard of it before.

Here is some info
http://www.tharc.com/sermorelin.php

I wonder if my endo would prescribe this for me. He'd have to show me how to inject myself.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
US dollars, I have it shipped from this pharmacy in Florida

http://www.royalpalmcompoundingpharmacy.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I found some other info that said some subjects developed hypothyroidism but others who were already hypo and taking meds for it didn't experience adverse effects. I am hypo, taking pig thyroid.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:

Checked it out, I don't know where to order from directly, so I've just sent an email to them explaining what I want. Thanks for the web page! And also for your experience! I'm all for trying this out right away!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
secretly wrote:

Checked it out, I don't know where to order from directly, so I've just sent an email to them explaining what I want. Thanks for the web page! And also for your experience! I'm all for trying this out right away!

If you don't hear from them fast, pm me that's 15-20 minutes away depending on traffic, I can call them during business hours and find out answers to your questions. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
secretly wrote:

You too, if you want me to call just pm me and I can call tomorrow! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Darkmoon! Very Happy
I've sent an email for info to see if they can send the product for sale to Spain,... I sincerely would like to try the product that secretly mentions as a natural way of the growth hormone to be released... as far as I understand the actual growth hormone is produced naturally all through one's life, the 'problem' seems to be for it to be released, so I think this could be an excellent contribution to help it be released! Many thanks and hugs, A.
CherrySilver
5% products discount

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Been there, done that. I've tried HGH in the past (for about 2 years). It was great, I loved it. I had lots of energy, slept like a log, lost weight, had great skin, etc., etc.

That wasn't the problem. While doing a self breast exam, I noticed a small lump. I've never had one before, so I was extremely concerned. Went to my gyn who sent me out for a mammo (I test every year like clockwork, and this wasn't on my last screen 9 months earlier).

Results came back with suspicious calcifications in one breast (never there before either) and a small palpable lump in the other. Went in for biopsies on both breasts. Thank gawd the results were negative! Maybe this was sheer coincidence, but no one in my family has ever has a cyst or any problems breast related.

Needless to say, I stopped my daily injections immediately. I hate to say it, but I really miss the stuff. I especially could use it now approaching menopause.

People (women especially) really need to be cautious about this stuff. It raises your hormone levels (which cause things to grow, like cancer). Concerned about taking HRT? Then you REALLY should be concerned about this stuff.

Too many people think it's the fountain of youth and believe all the positive reports they read about it. However, they're not reading into the potential dark side (maybe because they don't want to). Of course, all the stuff you'll read on many websites is pro-HGH by the sellers (pushers). Try googling cancer and HGH to read the flip side. The Cancer Prevention Coalition has an excellent article but I can't post the link here as a new user.

Believe me, I wish there weren't any problems with this stuff, but there are. Educate yourselves before you go out and shoot up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
CherrySilver,

I hope this is the link you are referring too?

http://www.preventcancer.com/patients/med_avoid/hgh.htm

5% products discount

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is, DM. I'm surprised how little people know about the risks associated with HGH, and even worse by how those who hawk it to people who supposedly are "extremely knowledgeable" and "care about their health". Maybe everyone is sticking their heads in the proverbial sand or they just don't care in their unending quest to preserve their looks...

A postscript from the article reads:

"... there are numerous publications in prestigious peer reviewed scientific journals showing that elevated IGF-1 levels are strongly associated with major excess risks of colon, prostate, and breast cancers; even minor elevations are associated with up to 7-fold increased risks of breast cancer, risks almost as high as those in women carrying genes (BRCA1 and BRCA2) with the strongest hereditary predisposition. Additionally, IGF-1 inhibits the programmed self-destruction (apoptosis) of cancer cells, thus stimulating the growth and invasiveness of small, undiagnosed cancers, besides increasing the resistance of cancers to chemotherapy. For these reasons, anti-aging HGH medication, compounded by failure to explicitly disclose its grave risks, constitutes medical malpractice."

Oh, by the way, I've had countless conversations with people on both sides of the fence regarding this issue. The "pro" side will always argue that studies never showed any evidence of cancer in the findings. I'll err on the side of caution (and with the authorities in the profession) regarding my health and life.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I watched a TV show a few years ago where this HGH was being injected in a man. His personality totally changed and he started having serious medical issues. This was with him being followed by a doctor. I had always wanted to try it before I saw that show, but that did it for me!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, as great as the positives sound, the risks are more than I would put myself through!

The pharmacy is just quite close to where I am, so for those interested I will make a phone call. Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |