Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Winter Skin Care Regimen, Critique Me
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JoannainDallas

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
So it's winter time, no tanning for me, so this is the perfect opportunity to do some crazy stuff to my face. I had a series of micro peels done a couple years ago (diamond microdermabrasion followed immediately by an 11% lactic acid peel) The results were nice, however the following summer I didn't wear sunscreen ONE DAY, and I woke up with what looked like white rings around my eyes. Everywhere she had done the micro peel was red and mottled, discolored. Ever since then I have noticed that if I go out into the sun, these discolorations become much more pronounced. The only conclusion I can come to (from what I've researched on my own) is that it's sun damage that was deep and was brought out and up the surface with the micro peels. Every where she DIDN'T do the micro peel (around my eyes, neck) is not red and discolored, only the treated skin, so it definitely looks weird. The only thing that has completely hidden this was the Melanotan II, with made my complexion all uniformly tan and dark, hiding the redness and mottled areas. However, it's winter now, so I want to let my tan fade, and now I am noticing the discolorations again.

I am using .1% Retin A about 5-6 nights a week, I started using it every 2 or 3 days until I built up my tolerance. I did go overboard last week and woke up with raw, red skin, so I slicked on the Aquaphor and Nivea for a couple of days to heal, and now I'm back on my schedule. I don't know if it was the Aquaphor or Nivea face cream that did it, but I broke out from the mineral oils I think, so now I have slightly red inflamed skin with random acne. Very frustrating, but from what I've read I will reap the rewards if I'm patient.

In the mornings and evenings, I am cleansing with Philosophy Purity with a face brush to exfoliate (I LOVE this! highly recommended, removes every trace of eye makeup, is all natural, and using essential oils to cleanse, very gentle and doesn't dry or irritate at all!) then I use Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals moisturizer in the morning with a couple drops of pure organic Argan oil mixed in all over my face. I then use my Clarisonic Opal around my eyes, one minute on each side, followed by La Roche Posay Aquathelios SPF 60 lightly applied all over my entire face. I really want to order some biofermented sea kelp (the active ingredient in La Mer products) or copper peptides, or even a Vitamin C serum in conjunction with the Retin A at nights, but I'm not sure which..... if anybody has experience with these, please let me know your thoughts!

I have never had a problem with acne, but I am really trying to get my skin to perfection, so I want to erase every pore and fine line. I also have slight milia under my eyes and I want those gone! So far the Retin A is working. Besides the redness, dryness, and peeling, I feel my new skin emerging, and it's pore free and so much nicer. I just want to fast forward three months (that's how long I plan on maintaining my regimen) to see how I look. I want to get to the point where I don't need foundation.

I have been putting the Retin A on my eyelids and under my eyes as well. (I've heard mixed reviews on doing this, and I'm not sure what to believe) My eyelids are beginning to become too fleshy and slightly hooded, and when I apply eyeshadow, I notice that the skin is more loose and just kind of goes where I drag it, and doesn't snap back like it used to. Well, the Retin A seemed to be making my eyelids much worse, so I stopped putting it there, however I do like the results from putting it under my eyes. I notice the milia are gone now, and the under eye area is much firmer. I do need to do something to shrink back that skin on my eyelids and tighten it up though.... so if anybody has any advice with that, I would appreciate it!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |