Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Will adding some retin-a to my moisturizer ro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
help keep the moisturizer from breaking me out? This moisturizer seems to clog my pores after a few days of use, even though it is not greasy and absorbs in really fast, but in the morning my t-zone is pretty oily from it and after a few days I notice some clogs. My skin is normal/dry so I don't mind the oil if it didn't seem to give me a breakout. I wonder if mixing or layering it with some retin-a would be exfoliating the skin at the same time, and therefore wouldn't clog up? any thoughts? thanks
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A should really be used on it's own to be effective with the moisturizer about an hour later if you need it. I would try a different moisturizer.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely change your moisturizer. Its not worth trying to correct what your moisturizing is causing.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
It is not recommended to apply moisurizers at night if you are prone to have oily T-zone. I don't think, it is because of this particular moisturizer. I get oily skin whever I apply any cream at night. Use Retin A at night and moisturizer in the morning.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the other posters to change your moisturizer.

It may contain pore clogging ingredients even if it does not feel greasy.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think your moisturizer is doing this not Retin A. My suggestion is to try a different moisturizer for a week and see the result. If it does not work, change again till you find the right one for you.

sweetsweettart wrote:
help keep the moisturizer from breaking me out? This moisturizer seems to clog my pores after a few days of use, even though it is not greasy and absorbs in really fast, but in the morning my t-zone is pretty oily from it and after a few days I notice some clogs. My skin is normal/dry so I don't mind the oil if it didn't seem to give me a breakout. I wonder if mixing or layering it with some retin-a would be exfoliating the skin at the same time, and therefore wouldn't clog up? any thoughts? thanks
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
I think your moisturizer is doing this not Retin A. My suggestion is to try a different moisturizer for a week and see the result. If it does not work, change again till you find the right one for you.

I agree with this assessment of your issue. If your moisturizer is causing your skin to break out it is either not correct for your skin type or contains ingredients which are clogging your pores.

For example, my skin breaks out when I use some products that have silicones in them.

It would be helpful if you provided your skin type and the name of the moisturizer that you are using.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |