Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Paula Begoun's BeautyPedia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I had signed up for this last year but didn't renew when my year was up. I found that I actually missed it so I just signed back up again.

I reference it all the time, mainly for ingredient listings. I dont agree with all she has to say but I like reading her reviews too.

Code: BP50 gets you 1/2 half.
http://www.beautypedia.com/
havana8

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing that, GirlieGirl. I don't agree with all she has to say either but also like reading the information she (or anyone else, for that matter) presents before drawing my own conclusions.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
There is also the option to sign up for just one month at $4.95 if you are not sure if you will use her service.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou, GirlieGirl! I just signed up.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Really, you have to pay to hear Paula's recs? Never. She is a makeup artist... Not a derm, not a chemist. She's PR for herself, but come on.... Why pay for what's free on the net?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Really, you have to pay to hear Paula's recs? Never. She is a makeup artist... Not a derm, not a chemist. She's PR for herself, but come on.... Why pay for what's free on the net?

I agree with sister sweets, charging $4.95 per month for reviews is a sign of an abnormal greed. And, of course, her line is one of the top rated.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:54 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I agree with sister sweets, charging $4.95 per month for reviews is a sign of an abnormal greed. And, of course, her line is one of the top rated.

ITA I would never pay $4.95 a month but for $12 a year I think thats reasonable. Its like buying one of her books but getting updates all the time.

I dont buy it for the reviews. I find the ingredient listings/information alone very helpful.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I would not pay just because she is biased by having her own line.
Is Paula really going to say her line is not that great, sucks or is outdated??

Manufacturers usually give ingredient listing and some info, but again they are also quite biased as it is their products.

Could you imagine if a restaurant said their food sucked? would you still go there and buy stuff??
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

I would not pay just because she is biased by having her own line.
Is Paula really going to say her line is not that great, sucks or is outdated??

I know others have said this before (about her being biased)and of course she is not going to rate her own products as bad but I don't think she biased other wise. What other skin care line recommends other brands?
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
For me it was a buck and a few cents per month. I wouldn't pay more than that. That's why I'm glad GirlieGirl posted that coupon. Gives me a chance to check it out.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
PB does recommend other brands, not just her own. She doesn't rate her own products because her product formulas are what the product should be, and they must work with ingredients which benefit skin.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
For me it was a buck and a few cents per month. I wouldn't pay more than that. That's why I'm glad GirlieGirl posted that coupon. Gives me a chance to check it out.

A buck plus per month sounds more reasonable! The good thing is that she provides all the prices and pH levels, and mentions which products are good/bad for sensitive skin.

Unfortunately, based on her reviews, half of my skincare cabinet should go straight to the garbage bin Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
My skin is flawless since using her product
line.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
line.

That does it you must leave the forum immediately no flawless faces allowed! Bad Grin

OK. You know I am kidding, which of her products are you using? That's really awesome you found what works so well for you!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SusieQ wrote:
line.

That does it you must leave the forum immediately no flawless faces allowed! Bad GrinVery Happy

Darkmoon,

That comment made my day- I know that I'm on the right website now! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
JonnyNJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
SusieQ wrote:
line.

That does it you must leave the forum immediately no flawless faces allowed! Bad GrinVery Happy

Darkmoon,

That comment made my day- I know that I'm on the right website now! Very Happy

I am so glad a little silly humor made your day! Laughing
You are definitely on the right forum! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
SusieQ wrote:
line.

That does it you must leave the forum immediately no flawless faces allowed! Bad Grin

OK. You know I am kidding, which of her products are you using? That's really awesome you found what works so well for you!!! Very Happy
That was cute darkmoon. I knew I would get it back from someone. I'm using her cleanser, toner, spf tinted moisturizer for day and the Resist Skin Barrier for face and eye area in the evening. I used to get whiteheads regularly but now none at all. Touch wood.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
SusieQ wrote:
line.

That was cute darkmoon. I knew I would get it back from someone. I'm using her cleanser, toner, spf tinted moisturizer for day and the Resist Skin Barrier for face and eye area in the
evening. I used to get whiteheads regularly but now none at all. Touch wood.

AWWW SHUCKS! I just couldn't resist yanking your chain SusieQ, Heck I catch it (jokingly for the normal no breakouts skin)
Laughing

I honestly think that's fabulous the products have worked so well for you, and you can feel happy about your skin! Even with jokers like me around! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
A little OT but, SuzieQ, I just noticed your join date...

You joined EDS back in '02?? Have things changed much? Have you always participated or just lurked?

On PB - I used to belong to her Beautipedia, but have let my membership lapse. Haven't really missed it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes foxe I participate. Just check me out. I usually have an alternative view on particular products, more like skeptical. I get challenged...a lot.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
BeautyPedia is now free!

"Paula and The Cosmetics Cop Team wanted you to be the first to know that Beautypedia will be free for everyone during January and February 2011.

As a current Beautypedia member, you can continue to use the site as usual. If you have a monthly membership, you will be given two extra months FREE! Annual members will have two months added to their membership expiration date."
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Oh yes foxe I participate. Just check me out. I usually have an alternative view on particular products, more like skeptical. I get challenged...a lot.

LOL. SusieQ, You too? Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of PB because I think she can be needlessly nasty if she doesn't like a product line...one of the reasons I don't visit her site too often. However, I will try to visit more often after reading some of your posts.
tanmish
5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I'd bought some products based on PB's recommendation and it has worked well for my skin. But it still doesn't beat reading recommendation from so many ppl on this forum.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
tanmish wrote:
I'd bought some products based on PB's recommendation and it has worked well for my skin. But it still doesn't beat reading recommendation from so many ppl on this forum.

I agree but, it's just nice to have a multitude of sources for information. I don't think there are any "beauty experts" out there that that I can agree with 100%. EDS is great for personal reviews, but even here we find nothing works the same for everyone.
JMHO Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |