Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Got Pure Mequinol crystals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there.. recently i got pure mequinol in crystals. I want to know how to mix it, and what solvent is best for skin lightening, and stability of this compund.

I bought to a lab at $140 x 250mg.
How should i know what is the best combination to good skin absorption and stability?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I think that you should get some professional advice for using mequinol as it has a potential to ruin the skin if not used properly... it is used in higher concentartions to completely depigmint skin and one may end up with patches of " Albino" skin....
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Hello, I think that you should get some professional advice for using mequinol as it has a potential to ruin the skin if not used properly... it is used in higher concentartions to completely depigmint skin and one may end up with patches of " Albino" skin....

I know that has potencial risks, i know them very well. For that reason i've been using no more than 10%.. and discontinued the use since no results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
portland wrote:
daler wrote:

I know that has potencial risks, i know them very well. For that reason i've been using no more than 10%.. and discontinued the use since no results.

ok cool; however, whatever method one uses for skin lightening, it would takes weeks if not months to see results ...

You could try arbutin and kojic acid dipalmitate combo... it would be a strong combo but you wont see any results before couple of months of usage.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
A local dermatologist/skin doc sells a combination of kojic and hydroquinone - there are different combinations of strength. I think the last tube I bought was a 6% / 6% combo. However, this cost me $60 and took a bit of time to see results. Still, the tube lasted me quite a while. It's just another way to go... I've never even heard of mequinol but hope you report your progress here! It's great to learn of alternatives...
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
A local dermatologist/skin doc sells a combination of kojic and hydroquinone - there are different combinations of strength. I think the last tube I bought was a 6% / 6% combo. However, this cost me $60 and took a bit of time to see results. Still, the tube lasted me quite a while. It's just another way to go... I've never even heard of mequinol but hope you report your progress here! It's great to learn of alternatives...

recently i realize that i was doing a bad combination of TCA.. mixing in a solution with 40% alcohol and 60% propylene glycol... the solution does not penetrate... i friends with expertise told that has to be in a water solution only.. maybe there i will have results.. (also got pure TCA crystals).

I realize the risks of TCA, for that reason,, for that reason i'm not going to use it more than 8%.. because i treat really extended areas.. (full legs).

I damn the day that i did a laser diode treatment, that got me this perifollicular hyperpigmentation. Neutral

but about mequinol.. i did founf information about methods for stabilizing hydroquinone with cirtric acid 0.05%, but i had not found anything about how to prepare mequinol... what carrier use? how to stabilize it, how to optimize absorption...
anyone knows?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Portland, when did you have the diode laser procedure? It seems your hyperpigmentation is due to localized injury which may get better/reverse on its own... however if you use glycolic acid lotion ( not the peel) it will help you renew the skin faster... I have noticed that glycolic acid lotion works way better on reducing pigmentation ( cause by injuries) than TCA peels.... I use AquaGlycolic lotion ( the one meant for body as it is stronger than the one for face), it's a large bottle and not expensive either.....
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Hello Portland, when did you have the diode laser procedure? It seems your hyperpigmentation is due to localized injury which may get better/reverse on its own... however if you use glycolic acid lotion ( not the peel) it will help you renew the skin faster... I have noticed that glycolic acid lotion works way better on reducing pigmentation ( cause by injuries) than TCA peels.... I use AquaGlycolic lotion ( the one meant for body as it is stronger than the one for face), it's a large bottle and not expensive either.....

I did the procedure on october 2009... and then has faded a litle.. but still there are quite noticeable.. since.. like you said i got little spots (like 5mm diameter) but extended all over the legs Crying or Very sad

I have a lot of skin peeled with TCA but, doesnt seem to fade...
BTW.. when did i find this aqua glycolic product that youre talking about..

Regards!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from drugstore.com; aqua glycolic also has a body wash; you can but both, the body lotion and the wash... you can also buy directly from the manufacturer: aquaglycolic.com

Do try it, it may work and its not expensive either...
portland
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
aquaglycolic.com is out of stock Sad

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |