Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Probably shouldn't ask this but..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I know that they say you shouldn't ask a lady her age, but I just couldn't resist!

I'll go first - I'm 25.

Slightly more on topic - at what age should you start using so-called anti-aging products? Is it true that once you start you can't stop (or is that just an old wives tale??) Confused
Mabsy

Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum! Smile

I'm 27 - though not for much longer.

It depends on what products you call "anti-aging". To me a vitamin C serum is anti aging and I don't think it's ever too early to start using that!

I haven't heard about the not being able to stop after you start using them but it sounds a tad dodgy to me Smile
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome Mabsy!

I'd always suspected that the rumour was just a ploy by my mum to get me to stop spending so much Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't use retin-A products too young as they thin the skin a bit (unless you have serious acne issues, but that's different!). Otherwise, I think that C serums and agireline products are fine at any age.

I'm 40 two days after graduating in may....biiiiiiig party then Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm 44 yrs old, but in my opinion I don't look a day over 43. heheh

-Cheri
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 38 with really dry skin and am currently using all sorts of products.
Will be drinking more water this year and less alchol. So hopefully that will help.
But i would really like to use MD Formulations which i have done before. Or should i use MD Forte which i have been told is much better.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
rezcka,

For prescrption type anti-aging products like retin-a or tazorac, you have to continue usage to maintain the positive effects. So in a sense, your mum is half-right Very Happy

At your young age, using a good spf everyday, drink lots of water, eat your fruits/veggies, no smoking/drugs etc will help your skin a lot.

I am 35 with sensitive skin.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 25 with sensitive acne skin that likes to go bonkers every now and then.

I recently started adding in anti-aging products to help prevent the tiny lines I see when I get dehydrated.
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
what about those firming products?when should one start using theem?
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 44 and I started using skincare when I was about 15 and by 25 had started using a serum ( mind you back then... 1985, the serums were probably completely useless, but they felt nice!) and I usually get told I look early 30's so I am pleased with that. I think not being all that skinny has helped in the face but the rest of me is blah though hehehhe....
It was so exciting in 1986 when Dior Capture serum came out... and Lancome with their Niosome cream ( which was sooo heavy) ...I thought that it was THE answer. It was those 2 products that convinced me to start on "antiaging" stuff. Pfffft...ah well, I just really enjoy the actual ritual of doing my skincare more than anything I think!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I’m 36 but since I have über-oily skin, there is nary a wrinkle or a line anywhere on my face! I’m a newby to the skincare game – I only started paying attention to the needs of my skin after I joined this board!
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am 43. The very best anti-aging product IMO is sunscreen.

I do use sunscreen everyday and also vitamin c; and green cream (a retinal)2 x weekly.

I also use BHA and I have tried AHA but did not see much results.

BTW I have very oily skin that is sensitive.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Being over 40 and all, I agree with Autumn. Wish I had been slathering on the sunscreen forever and ever. But what's a girl to do who loves to waterski and wakeboard? There weren't that many good sunscreens around when I was younger so now I'm paying the price. But with Retin-A, Vitamin C, good sunscreens, muscle relaxers, AHA creams, exfoliators and all the other assembled tools in skincare war chest, I'm fighting the good fight. Smile
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 55 with dry skin and I really wish I had looked more carefully into products, ingredients, earlier, like in my 30's. I've always used products that felt good but now I've learned so much more and I can make more informed choices. When you're in your 50's, its not uncommon to wish you had started a few things earlier...or kept them up, like exercising. You're young, you can benefit from all of the experience and expertise on these forums. They're great! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I donsidered passing this question over completely since it seems I'm the "most mature" one of the group (Where's Winnie when you need her?) Laughing

I'm 60 and have paid attention to taking care of my skin since I was in high school, but I too wish I'd been more serious with the sunscreen, as I now have some agespots or sunspots showing up.

I will say that at one point, my skin (unfortunately not my body) actually looked younger than my daughters because she was still living in that fantasyland of thinking she would have beautiful skin forever and didn't need night creams, moisturizers, etc. Thank goodness she has now begun taking better care of her skin and has beautiful skin again.

Although I'm 60, I don't "feel" a day over 35, but feel much wiser than I was then. Laughing If you want to judge for yourself, vist my website that has my pictures before and after with NO makeup and one with makeup. http://www.faceliftsystem.com.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just turned 33, but I don't feel a day over 13, both physically and mentally, hahaha Laughing
and my mom agrees with that Laughing

Anti-aging, IMHO, is needed once you reach 20, I think, it will be too late if you try to fix it after the problem is there. Suncreen is the best anti-aging product, totally agree !!

my motto is never use anything I don't need, it will only create problems. For me, it's all about tonify, clarify and purify my skin. Also, if you stick with something natural, you are safer. Like CP, HA, collagen...those are the things we lose as we age, so I don't see any problem replenishing them BACK, I think...

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
I know that they say you shouldn't ask a lady her age, but I just couldn't resist!

I'll go first - I'm 25.

Slightly more on topic - at what age should you start using so-called anti-aging products? Is it true that once you start you can't stop (or is that just an old wives tale??) Confused

I am 59 (for a few more days Rolling Eyes).

My mother taught me from a young age to take care of my skin. I always loved face care products and makeup since I was a young teen. I am very comfortable in the "skin I am in." Certainly I want to look the best I can but there are so many things more important to me. I taught my daughter to take care of her skin. Yes, sunscreen is the most important thing you can do for yourself (the younger you start the better). Taking off your makeup at night no matter how tired you are. Eat right and drink plenty of water. If more people did the preventatives they would be spending less money on products. Of course we all get to an age that we need a little more TLC when it comes to our skin. So when do you start using antiaging products: At the FIRST signs of aging: those first few lines, loss of tone. If you are very young with beautiful skin keep it that way by taking care of yourself. Also, I think beautiful skin is in the genes but products can sure make a difference.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rzecka!

I am 39, next month is the Big 40!

Starting in your 20's with good skincare, including anti-aging products and Sunscreen is important! I only wish I took better care of my skin.

I am guilty of being a "skin-abuser" over the years. Only the last few years have I been extremely focused about skincare.

I wish I could take back the nights of going to bed without washing my make-up off, or of squeezing pimples (which I am lucky, I only have 2 very small marks on my face), or of frying myself in the sun with no sunscreen and at the tanning beds, or of smoking cigarettes in my 20's.

You are never too young nor too old to start taking care of your skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks everyone for sharing
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
im 23 and using serum by shiseido.. i love it.. i dunno if i would consider it an anti aging but maybe i should start on it.. welp time to hit the stores again for my skin care...lol

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm 'up there' with Judy and Winnie but don't feel a day over 35 Very Happy I've fair skin and have always stayed out of the sun. I started looking after my skin in my 20's thank goodness, as it's paid off big time!
Judy those pictures look amazing Shock, you look great!

Anya
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I'm 'up there' with Judy and Winnie but don't feel a day over 35 Very Happy I've fair skin and have always stayed out of the sun. I started looking after my skin in my 20's thank goodness, as it's paid off big time!
Judy those pictures look amazing Shock, you look great!
Anya

Thanks Anya! I agree with you, although my years total 60, emotionally I feel more like 35 or 40. I try to dress and act somewhere in between. Laughing

There have been times when my husband has questioned my expenditures on hair, skin, nails, etc. I just tell him, "Honey, after 40 the body's a definite maintenance problem." Laughing

Peddling backwards as fast as I can!

JUDY

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |