Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Which oils for moisturizing (not cleansing)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I love the castor oil/olive oil combo which I've been using daily. I particularly love using it under my Retin A. All dry, peeling redness gone! However, I've decided I don't want to use castor oil every day--just when I do a deep cleanse. On the other hand, I've done so well with this combo, maybe I should keep using it, even if I just want to moisturize? I'm 57, have very nice almost wrinkle-free normal skin with a slightly oily forhead. But...I want to glow! (who doesn't?). Recommendations?
priusgal
5% products discount

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I've been using different oils to moisturize. I use Argan, Cranberry Seed oil, Marula - LOL - love the oils. On nights that I use Retin A (every 2 nights), about 1/2 hour later, I'll apply one of those oils. On alternate nights, I mix one of the oils with my Perricone skincare. One of the girls that I work with said my skin had a glow Smile. That was nice to hear. I'm 57 too.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I really like squalane. It absorbs quickly and I use just a couple of drops under my eyes on top of my eye treatment.

I have tried castor on eye lashes. It is rather thick so I would not want to use it on my face. Castor oil is in a lot of eye lash formulas and helps conditions lashes. You can find it in the laxative section of the drugstore.

I have also tried jojoba oil and also a olive oil with essential oils.

100% argan works great for hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I like rosehip & avocado for moisturising. Avocado is also good for my dry hair. I've tried quite a few different oils (coconut, sweet almond, olive, grapeseed) but rosehip & avocado are the best for my skin which is dry/dehydrated.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Apricot oil is very nice for the winter months! It sinks right in & doesn't give me breakthrough oilies later in the day. Argan oil is nice too. I know a lot of other women use Emu oil, but I just can't bring myself to put that on my face! Laughing I know it's just a mental block because it's bird fat, but still! Shock
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use REN rose O12 serum. It contains Rosa Damascena Oil and a synergistic blend of oils from ximenia, rosehip seed, camellia, jojoba, soya, macadamia, rice germ, and arctic cranberry seed. It is said the formula is very anti-aging. I usually blend a drop with my cream or use it as a special treatment before I use a hydrasol lotion mask. Love the smell of it!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
livmaquillage wrote:
I use REN rose O12 serum. It contains Rosa Damascena Oil and a synergistic blend of oils from ximenia, rosehip seed, camellia, jojoba, soya, macadamia, rice germ, and arctic cranberry seed. It is said the formula is very anti-aging. I usually blend a drop with my cream or use it as a special treatment before I use a hydrasol lotion mask. Love the smell of it!

This sounds lovely. Do you use anything else by REN?
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
livmaquillage wrote:

This sounds lovely. Do you use anything else by REN?

I love their eye gel. Once I cried and my eyes puffed like bubble eye goldfish. I applied the gel and amazingly the puffiness had gone 80%! lol.
But I don't think it can reduce lines or dark circles or eye bags. It's just good for puffiness and a relief during the day.

I also used their mayblossom cleanser and thought it was not as good as my boscia cleanser.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
emu or avocado for me. I thought castor oil is not good for your skin?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
livmaquillage wrote:

I love their eye gel. Once I cried and my eyes puffed like bubble eye goldfish. I applied the gel and amazingly the puffiness had gone 80%! lol.
But I don't think it can reduce lines or dark circles or eye bags. It's just good for puffiness and a relief during the day.

I also used their mayblossom cleanser and thought it was not as good as my boscia cleanser.

Thanks so much, livmaquillage!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Do you find avocado oil heavy? I bought some at the co-op and tried it on my face but it never really sunk in. It just sort of sat on the top. Maybe I used too much? But I use it on my feet. After my bath I put it on my feet and then put on a pair of socks. It makes my feet so super soft! Sometimes I use it on my elbows and knees too. How much do you apply to your face?
Natalyn wrote:
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I do find avocado heavy but that's why i love it. My skin is incredibly dry & dehydrated. I like to slather it on if i'm not going out anywhere. It takes a while to sink in but at least it's giving me that moist feel for a while, which i like. Doesn't break me out either which is great.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
i use Botani's olive skin serum

it's squalene oil that derived from plant. This oil is identical to natural skin oil and moisture factor.

for more info, you can refer to:

http://www.botani.com.au/products/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1&osCsid=fc981d91b4f553b31ba2038e453f24fe

It hydrating and firming my skin! Good product!

and it can be used onto eye area too
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:

Avocado is pretty thick - great for dry skin. You can mix it with something lighter, like apricot or almond.

Castor tends to be drying. From what I've seen, it's used mostly in OCM - mixed with other oils. It's considered an astringent oil.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |