Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Remedies for Dark Underarms
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Maham
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
hi!

lol as funnie as the topic title may seem but its really not...a frnd of mine is very fair but her armpits r like dark cuz of which she cant wear sleeveless n all... She is really bothered abt it and wanna know wat can help lighten the area. I got her on waxing and since abt 3-4 yrs she has been waxing her armpits not shaving still they r dark. She is alwayz complaining that cuz of her dark armpits she cant wear sleeveless...i really dont know wat can i do for her except give her my armpits...haha..no but seriously i m concerned for her cuz at times she is really sad when she cant wear sleeveless cuz of this...and she is so hygenic takes care of her body n skin but still...so if any of u know any way or somethin...maybe ask yr mothers or grandmothers for home remedies or wat not...cuz i had like my frnd 2 not feel low abt herself just cuz of the underarms. So pls help.
cherbearvx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
maybe exfoliate? i read somewhere that wearing deodorant with alcohol can cause your arm pits to become darker. a search online gave me home made remedies like using lemon juice to bleach but i am not sure if it works. it could also be due to overpigmentation from what i read again.
Maham
5% products discount

Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
tx for replyin!

i got some home remedies for the same but not sure which 1 to use...i m so confused...i mean there shud be sum product for this Embarassed btw this post was made by my frnd who used my id and its actually me who wants to get rid of the darkness in the underarms...
Mabsy

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I would also suggest exfoliation, but exfoliation with a scrub that has some AHAs in it. I've got the MD Formulations Face and Body scrub which has 15% Glycolic Acid in it. It's a very good body scrub and it lasts for ages.

I do recall there being a specific product for lightening underarms but I did not find any good reviews of it when I was looking at it. I can't recall the name of it anymore but it's made by Godiva (I think). Not sure how effective it is (or if it is effective even) as I have not tried and don't know anyone who has.

HTH
Maham
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
tx mabsy...i use the coca butter scrub but i wl get a new one soon...and also i have heard lemon n honey mixture helps 2 fade the dark color...might as well try that too....TX
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I don’t know if this will be of any help, but I found an old topic called “help for dark knees, elbows and underarms” http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1597 ...maybe it contains some useful info.
Maham
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
^ tx alot for the link...i wl go thru it and try n see if i get any info from it! Very Happy
gatorgirl
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I knowwww.dermadoctor.com has a deodorant/antiperspirant called Nonscents or something like that and there is also one that is supposed to be a lightening/brightening formula. Hope that helps. Smile
Maham
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
tx Very Happy
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maham,

I hope I don't offend you or anything but I am really having a hard time reading your messages when you write like this.
Quote:
maybe ask yr mothers or grandmothers for home remedies or wat not...cuz i had like my frnd 2 not feel low abt herself just cuz of the underarms

I literally have to read your messages a couple of times for me to understand you.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I found another link for you...don’t know if it will be helpful, but here it is: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1872

Also, I agree with Ms. Jam – not all of us are familiar with the “shorthand” language that is used for text messaging (particularly in America, where the text messaging phenomena hasn’t caught on!), so it’s difficult to decipher these type of messages. Confused

Carrie
Maham
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
^ tx for the link...n i dont understand wats so hard 2 understand in wat i wrote but if it bothers u i can only apologize cuz thats the way i rite...nothin much i can do abt it... Embarassed
Maham
5% products discount

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
BTW i just wanted to share wid ya all that i got myself an apricort body scrub (b4 i was using coca butter) and i m gonna be using that only for my underarms and wl see if it helps. Also i m gonna follow a home remedy i got off net...grate a potatoe and take 1 tsp of it and mix it wid 1 tsp of honey and use it for the dark areas ...i dun know how good it is but wl see...i am thinking i shud add lemon in it? but i m nt sure if it wl effect the mixture...hmmmm Embarassed
MUTHE21

Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
i havent personally used this but i have heard that that godiva has a product that lightens the armpits..not sure what it was called... Confused
but if i do find out..ill let u knoww =)
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Muthe21 -- Welcome to the forum! I just wanted to let you know (before others do :->) that you might want to read the whole thread and also the dates before posting. In this case, the thread is three years old, and the Godiva product has already been suggested.

EDS forum is VERY good about not clogging up the works with extraneous stuff. You'll find there is already enough (sometimes too much) information that is new and enlughtening. Pun here intended. Laughing

WELCOME, truly!

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
well i'm having the same problem too! not only my underarms are dark, my is neck is also dark, i'm very embarrassed about these problems. Embarassed now i'm trying these homemade remedies...take half a cup of olive oil and mix it with 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of water, mix well and apply to your underarms. olive oil moisturizes and smooths your underarms and vinegar bleaches it.normally i would apply the mixture before bed, it's up to you when to apply it. i also rub lemon and potato slices on these parts to bleach it.i'm currently using fruit of the earth cocoa butter with aloe & vit e, coz some said u can apply vit e on your underarms to whiten it.still on my experiment but i can see that the color had lighten a bit,hope it will get normal soon.i hope that you will find this very helpful,good luck! Very Happy
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Dark arm pits , knees and neck is a hormonal problem , it can happen if a person is insulin resistant, and has poly cystic ovary syndrome ,or it can happen from using the wrong deodorant,sometimes friction causes it .
if the source of your problem is hormonal , then I assure you no amount or scrubbing or bleaching will whiten your under arms , you have to fix the disorder then scrub and bleach
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I asked the dermatologist about my darker inner thighs. She said it was normal and just a result of chafing. I wonder if you could use a lightening cream like Obagi clear or Tri-luma. Underarms are fairly hidden. I think even beyonce has arm pit discolouration. I can see how having a darker neck would be frustrating though... I've thought about electrolysis for the under arm shadow but I don't gather that is what you are referring to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
i got dark underarms after a specific deodorant, and after stopping it's use it subsided...
Doesn't contain alcohol, so could be something else.

I was told by dermatologist that women who are overweight or just on the heavy side can get this
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I too have this problem and since it is an older threat, does anyone know of some products that can help dark underarms now?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh. Embarassed I was on the chubby side for a brief period of time. Gained a bit of weight in college. Does anyone think it would be rediculous to use just Obagi clear on these pigmented areas. Hmm also anything with Kojic acid will probably help.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
Ohhh. Embarassed I was on the chubby side for a brief period of time. Gained a bit of weight in college. Does anyone think it would be rediculous to use just Obagi clear on these pigmented areas. Hmm also anything with Kojic acid will probably help.

I know kojic acid is really good for lightening. I don't see why you can't use it on your body. Although you probably will need a higher strength since this area is not as sensitive as your face.
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
somone told me about cider vinegar for skin discoloration... it actually works well.
Flannery
5% products discount

Sat May 09, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
A lot of Asian and Indian women say that the spice Turmeric lightens skin. I may have read it here at one time.. not sure. Mix it with honey or your regular cleanser- but be sure to rinse well because it stains skin too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
stainng after lightening is not god!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |