Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another new lash growth serum - by NYX
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:24 am      Reply with quote
NYX's Grow Lash Serum is $25 for .15oz. I think this amount is larger then most serums.
They also have a separate product for brows but I think its the same formula just a different packaging. And a mascara and eyeliner.

I don't know why the ingredient listing is so long though. Its too bad all these lash serums don't list the % of actives.

Ingredients for Grow Lash Serum: Water, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Niacinamide, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Rehmannia Chinensis Root Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Trehalose, Swertia Japonica Extract, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract,
Carthamus Tinctorius(Safflower) Flower Extract, Butylene Glycol, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra(Licorice) Root Extract,
Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Maltodextrin, Sophora
Angustifolia Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Sorbic Acid, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol,
Panthenol, Biotin, Tocopherol, Arginine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Adenosine.
http://nyxcosmetics.com/index.php?m=new_prod
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Wow! That is a long ingredient list! Laughing I didn't recognize the last ingredient (Adenosine) so I googled it. It's an FDA regulated drug! So is this serum a prescription like Latisse?
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 am      Reply with quote
So I just googled "Adenosine Lashes" and like 10 different brands came up with this same identical long ingredient list. That's wierd! Why would all these different companies use the exact same ingredient list? I wonder what this Adenosine does? Hmmm....confusing! Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
So I just googled "Adenosine Lashes" and like 10 different brands came up with this same identical long ingredient list. That's wierd! Why would all these different companies use the exact same ingredient list? I wonder what this Adenosine does? Hmmm....confusing! Confused

Check out it's pharmacological uses!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine?wasRedirected=true

http://www.drugs.com/pro/adenosine.html

Shock Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Woah! Thanks for pointing that out. The ingredient list is so long it hard to notice all the ingredients.

I wonder how they can use that. Maybe its not regulated if its under a certian % ?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Woah! Thanks for pointing that out. The ingredient list is so long it hard to notice all the ingredients.

I wonder how they can use that. Maybe its not regulated if its under a certian % ?

I don't know but I think it's one of the strangest things I have seen used in a lash growth serum? Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I agree! It is so wierd! Did you read the side effects? I don't understand what it would do for your lashes either. But then again, Latisse satrted as a glaucoma drug. Eyelash growth was an unexpected side effect. Maybe this drug has a similar effect on eyes? I don't know. But I'll let other people experiment with this one! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
I agree! It is so wierd! Did you read the side effects? I don't understand what it would do for your lashes either. But then again, Latisse satrted as a glaucoma drug. Eyelash growth was an unexpected side effect. Maybe this drug has a similar effect on eyes? I don't know. But I'll let other people experiment with this one! Laughing

LMAO, I read the side effects and I am with you not near my eyes! I haven't a clue what effect this drug has on lash growth or how it would work in that capacity! It really is "Off Label" use as I see it? I wonder if the FDA is on this one or not? Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to stick with the natural eye lash serums. I still like PSF's Prolatogen eyelash serum. It won't give you the results of Latisse, but I do notice a difference and I don't have to worry about the side effects.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder what the adenosine has to do with lashes too. It's for sinus and respiratory cells, isn't it?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I wonder what the adenosine has to do with lashes too. It's for sinus and respiratory cells, isn't it?

It seems to have a few valid medical uses, why it's in a lash serum is beyond me!
From the Wiki link:

. Thus, in regard to stress or injury, the function of adenosine is primarily that of cytoprotection preventing tissue damage during instances of hypoxia, ischemia, and seizure activity. Activation of A2A receptors produces a constellation of responses that in general can be classified as anti-inflammatory.[citation needed]

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I still like the Prolatogen too! I didn't expect drastic results like Latisse, but I was too afraid of the side effects with Latisse. But the Prolatogen results are consistant & definitely noticable. I don't know why adenosine is in the NYX serum either. It only stuck out to me on the ingredient list because I've never seen it in anything else & it piqued my curiosity.

What I find really odd is that several other brands have identical ingredient lists to the NYX, which baffles me completely. Confused
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
I still like the Prolatogen too! I didn't expect drastic results like Latisse, but I was too afraid of the side effects with Latisse. But the Prolatogen results are consistant & definitely noticable. I don't know why adenosine is in the NYX serum either. It only stuck out to me on the ingredient list because I've never seen it in anything else & it piqued my curiosity.

What I find really odd is that several other brands have identical ingredient lists to the NYX, which baffles me completely. Confused

Just a thought, but maybe there is a large manufacturer making this particular brew and selling it for private labeling to all these companies that you came across doodlebug? It's pretty common practice with some smaller cosmetics companies. Idea

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Duh! That would make total sense, DarkMoon! I just thought it was bizarre that all these different manufacturers were copying each other's product & would be using that adenosine when it's such an odd ingredient to add to a cosmetic. LOL! DarkMoon to the rescue! Laughing
DarkMoon wrote:
doodlebug wrote:

Just a thought, but maybe there is a large manufacturer making this particular brew and selling it for private labeling to all these companies that you came across doodlebug? It's pretty common practice with some smaller cosmetics companies. Idea
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Isn't most of the NYX line made in Korea?
if it is a new product, maybe the government is not aware of it yet as no one has complained about it.

I'm sure if someone were to call FDA or Health Canada they would look into it if it is banned here.
The government is always pulling sport supplements of the shelf- esp ones made in Asian countries because of unlisted ingredients.
just read something about that today.

I do like the NYX eye shadow's I've tried, the mineral ones are good and cheap.
(well they were $1 when I got them on sale online).

I know of another eye serum not listed here.
But I will post about it separately.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |