Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NuBrilliance
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the NuBrilliance Diamond tip micro dermabrasion machine from ShopNbc. I tried it this morning for the first time. I watched the entire video and tried not to turn it up to the highest value and just go crazy. So I am starting slow. I take very good care of my skin and do exfoliate every day. I could see that it really did pick up some dead skin. My face was pink and glowy afterwards. I was quite amazed that I could use this on my neck, so I did, I did not have any irritation. I am using it on my left hand(just to see if there is a difference) it took a lot of dead skin of, I really have neglected my hands. I will keep everyone posted. The inst. say 6-8 weeks before the BIG change. We will see. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your post! I am also thinking of buying it and I also do exfoliate my skin often and was wondering if it would do any additional exfoliation, I guess it would! Pls keep us informed, thanks again.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Thank you for your post! I am also thinking of buying it and I also do exfoliate my skin often and was wondering if it would do any additional exfoliation, I guess it would! Pls keep us informed, thanks again.

I saw it on an infomercial not long ago and was very tempted so I did a google search and found both great and horrible reviews about the device and the company! That left me really ambivalent about taking the plunge or passing, still on the fence.

Looking forward to your review rmc7!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I did my 2nd treatment Tues. night. I turned up the volume(suction ) to 3 and used more passes 5 on each area.I think (personal opinion) that those of us who exfoliate regularly, are pretty well used to a certain degree of abrasion, so once we try it we can tell what will be too harsh. I used my usual products cp serum, retin A, esteriol, moisturizer. I swear the next day I saw and still see a definite difference in the depth of lip wrinkles. Why did I not take pictures? Also My nose where I have a lot of sun damage, large pores from a bout with sun poison as a teenager, looks much improved. Now the CONS. It really did suck out an old deep black head that was deeply embedded under my lip so now I have a hole there for the holiday, and I can feel a small lump that is trying to work its way to the surface by my chin so I guess this is going to bring out some old buried skin issues. I am not looking forward to having acne at 61 but if everything gets cleared up including these wrinkles then bring it on. I am still going to take pictures, it is not too late.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I am glad that I found this thread! I am doing research on NuBrilliance and found poor reviews. Can you tell me if you have somewhat sensitive skin?

I take good care of my skin but there are times when it can get sensitive and my skin gets pink from RetinA.
As I age, I notice my skin gets more dull and I stopped using Cellcosmet dual action scrub, and JB peel.

I was going to place another order, but I am not so sure.

I am also looking into Crystalift and instead of scraping the skin, it blast the crystals. One reviewer said that it can get messy, especially if you don't do it right.

I could see myself using a home microdermabrasion on my hands & feet on regular basis and once in awhile on my face.

If I get NuBrilliance or Crystalift, I don't know how much I would be paying for shipping & handling charges since I live in Canada.

Please update us on the use. I am so interested in knowing how well it works for you.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello rmc7, I was wondering if you are liking your Nu Brilliance? Is it better than the other methods of exfoliation? Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Hello rmc7, I was wondering if you are liking your Nu Brilliance? Is it better than the other methods of exfoliation? Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

Bump, I found the commercial very tempting, but the horrid reviews scared me, yet the rave reviews intrigued me even further! Very confusing daler, quite hard to decide? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. There is mixed reviews, but I'm hoping other people will share if they have this on or another.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Same here. There is mixed reviews, but I'm hoping other people will share if they have this on or another.

I agree Skincare I would like to hear from people at EDS, we have gotten to know and trust! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I know! Also, I do exfoliate quite often, even TCA peels once couple of months and anyone who has done a TCA peel knows how much exfoliation it does, so I just dont want to be over doing by using Nu Brilliance unless it does somthing which other means of exfoliation don't achieve!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I know! Also, I do exfoliate quite often, even TCA peels once couple of months and anyone who has done a TCA peel knows how much exfoliation it does, so I just dont want to be over doing by using Nu Brilliance unless it does somthing which other means of exfoliation don't achieve!

That's a really good point daler, I don't TCA peel yet, but I do regularly exfoliate and am about to start RA so I don't want something that over-stresses my skin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I will be posting my before and after pictures soon. I'm not sure of why all the controversy over this machine exists, I really didn't find it to be as harsh as has been reported. I'm also not sure if it is any better than doing a regular scrub. We will see what the pictures say. I have uncovered a lot of deep embedded blackheads and they have been sucked out, also the fine tip is great for exfoliating around the eyes and on the vermilion of the lips.I do now use full suction and the course head, it reddens my skin, I did not use that head or strong suction over the areas of my cheeks that have suffered from rosacea, I used the mild head and half the suction. I should be ready to post pictures next Sat. or Sun. then we will fully judge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ok. Now we will judge! The picture quality is a little "off" but so was DH when he came in from work tonight!

[url] http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/rosesweet/Lips/

Click on the picture to enlarge. I personally see no difference. I probably should go for a light to med do it yourself peel which will be my next step. But I did see a slight improvement in the pore size on my nose and chin and it did get a suck a few deep blackheads out, BUT not enough to justify the cost. Save your money. I'll be using this on my feet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for posting your photos rmc7! Your skin looked pretty good and healthy in the before photo as well and I really don't see much difference in the after photo or may be its just the yellow tint in the after photo which makes it harder to notice.

And thank you for the advice too; I think I ll stick to my TCA peels and other regular exfoliation methods for now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting rmc, I can see a slight difference also, I guess I will save some money too. I think either some initially may have gotten defective machines, or as one esty posted somewhere they weren't using it correctly. I saw some negative reviews where people said they looked like they had been in between a cat fight, you should know something is off if you get scratches and bleeding from using. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 am      Reply with quote
So I finally made a decision and got NuBrilliance. I went with NuBrilliance because it appeared to have the best price and low cost for refills. That is very important to me.

I used to get professional microdermabrasion on regular basis and stopped due to the economy, even though my career was moving forward. I wanted to be smart and I felt uncomfortable hearing from friends who’s job was in jeopardy and eventually lost their job. My skin on average looks good, but since I’ve stopped getting microdermabrasion, my pores around the nose is horrible again. I was thinking of going back to getting professional mircrodermabrasion but with all the talk of friends losing their jobs, I didn’t feel comfortable to do that. Since last year, I decided to look into those at-home microdermabrasion machines.

I’ve read a lot of reviews on Sephora web-site and some bad and some good. I’ve also looked at YouTube reviews. I decided to take the chance and give it a try and ordered it from Sephora. I wish EDS would sell NuBrilliance. I’ve also contemplated between TimePeel, Crystalift and NuBrilliance. Again, I thought NuBrilliance had a better deal overall. Maybe after a year or so, I would invest in a different machine. Other things that affected my decision is where am I ordering the machine from and didn’t like the idea that I may have to order from Europe and I have no idea what the shipping cost could be.

Some of the reviews I’ve read, there was some complaint that the machine does not work at all, or there is no suction or the suction is not strong enough or it broke down after a few months. All of this concerned me and to read that some had difficulty returning the item or having a straight exchange with NuBrilliance company concerned me a great deal. I’ve also read that NuBrilliance would not honor when a customer requested to cancel their renewal of new tips and filters. I think that is totally disrespectful to NuBrilliance customers, but I don’t know if the review was truthful or not. I was put off with the idea of buying my own at-home microdermabarasion last year and didn’t think about it for a long time. Then I read Keliu’s thread on “home microdermabrasion machines”, and I was inspired again. So last January, I took the time to read every post related to microdermabrasion machines. I have to thank Keliu for all of her posts and private email to answer all my questions.

Whether you are using chemical or physical or peels or any type of scrubs, I find that there is always someone making a complaint that it ruined their skin, it is too harsh or not strong enough. I can only speak for myself, and say that there are times when I find the things I use can be too strong or the opposite. It all depends on the season, weather, your cycle, how long you have been in the sun or out in the cold or windy days, if you are on any medication or the strength of your cleanser. There is no product that is perfect for you and I feel that everyone need to learn to listen to their skin and adjust their need to exfoliate depending on their environment and use of medication. For example, I use Clarisonic daily, twice a day, but there are times when I don’t because I had the flu and my skin can’t stand touch, because it gets sensitive.

Now, to talk about the price of this machine and the packaging. The packaging is cute, very light and feels flimsy. It looks like our mini travel size BBQ we have that you can use on a boat, or going on a picnic or camping in a much smaller size. Keliu said that she took it with her (TimePeel) when she went boating and that sounded very convienent. I like the idea of compact size so it does not take up so much space in storage. I don’t know about you, but I prefer more of a minimalist lifestyle and I like to put things away. For some reviewers, they didn’t like that it was light and appeared to be flimsy. It also raises the issue if the machine will work properly and can it do an equal job as a professional microdermabrasion. This type of machine does not blast crystals, which you run the risk of getting some in your eyes or mouth. Apparently, it is not exactly good to swallow a couple or can be very irritating for the eyes. I think the price of this machine is too high. The materials used is mainly plastic and thin. Microbermabrasion is a vacuum & sandpaper or vacuum & sand blasting machine. The cost of a mini vacuum can’t be all that high. So, to me, the cost of this device overall should not be so high. One other thing, I didn’t get the DVD that should come with the box, but that is okay with me because I’ve been watching the DVD on YouTube since last January and I found that to be very, very helpful.

As for the suction, I don’t see what the problem is. I’ve researched carefully and other NuBrilliance reviewers mentioned that the suction does not work at all or the suction is low, but others say that you must warm up your machine before you use it. I’ve done exactly that. I was so happy to get my machine that I took it out of the box, plugged it in and started to read the booklet. Then I washed my hands and face, waited for my skin to dry properly and turned on the suction at the lowest setting. For first time doing my own microdermabrasion, I needed a lot of practice. It would be impossible to think that you can buy this type of machine or borrow one from a spa and expect that you can do the job right. You have to practice on holding the wand on the right angle and you need to use your other hand to hold your skin so that you can glide the wand on your skin. Do not press the wand hard onto your skin. There is no need to, because the suction catches on. It may vary depending the thickness of your skin on different parts of your face and body. Because this machine is small, you have to be careful that the tip is placed on securely. I think the quality of the tip is somewhat low because the plastic is thin and I am afraid that it would crack when pushing it down on the wand. On one side of the tip, there is this groove that need to connect properly to the wand. I think some of the reviewers who wrote negative review, didn’t pay attention to how to connect the tip to the wand and also, I think some reviewers was rough when yanking out the tube. There should be no reason for this machine not to work and it’s suction. Again, I think the overall price of these at-home microdermabrasion machines is too high for the quality you get. With that being said, I remember when I got professional microdermabrasion, sometimes the esthetition had to fix their machine as they were doing my treatment! It is so important to ensure that the tip is placed securely and sometimes I am afraid that I might use too much force. Also, if you put the wand on a wrong angle, the tip can pop off. The strength of the suction is very impressive. At times, depending where on the body you place the wand, the lowest suction may be too strong. I think this is due to your level of sensitivity. There is no doubt in my mind that this machine is a step lower then the professional one you see at the spa. Perhaps the professional version can go up much stronger suction level, but who needs that? It may be good for calluses at the bottom of your feet. I’ve used my new machine a few times and I was daring enough to use the strongest suction and boy, it is ever strong!

As for the three different tips and filters, I really love the wide tip. It covers more and gets the job done faster once you’ve learned to use the machine and the angle to hold the wand. I like the small narrow tip for around the nose and my inner ear. This is so perfect to use around your lips also. Fine tip is very comfortable for me and the normal or coarse tip is very rough, but perfect for certain parts of your body. You are supposed to go over the skin up to three or four times on the same spot, but for me, I can’t do that, so you see, these machines do work just as well as the professional ones. The filter is small oval shape. I read from one of the reviewers that she washes her filter and leave it to dry so that she can get some more uses out of it. I wash my tips with a nail brush and soap & water. Non-moisterizing soap. The filter can really catch all dry skin flakes. It’s amazing how much stuff it filters!

I think if you are going to get this, you won’t be disappointed. You must read and view the DVD. This can’t be done all in one shot at first try. You will need practice. As for improvement of my skin, I can tell that my skin is softer and where I have very good spots on my skin, it appears to be a lot smoother. If you already have good skin, I can’t see how you would see dramatic difference, but only more beautiful skin with time, just like we see all those celebrities. I’m sure they pay more for their peels, microdermabrasion, injections and facials, but they maintain their skin on regular basis to get the skin that they have. Having a personalized machine in your home for that cost is a better deal.

My only worry is that the machine could break down after a couple of months, as I have read from other reviewers. The booklet does warn not to store the machine is humid area. That make sense, so be careful that it is not stored in the bathroom or other humid area.

This is my review
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |