Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
TGF (Tissue Growth Factor) beta-1 Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gals,

Haven't been around in a while, but I thought I'd share about this new cream I've tried. Got it from my health food store:

It works incredibly well on my 51 year old skin and it's cheap too.

Some info from Wikipedia:

The Transforming growth factor beta (TGFβ) signaling pathway is involved in many cellular processes in both the adult organism and the developing embryo including cell growth, cell differentiation, apoptosis, cellular homeostasis and other cellular functions. In spite of the wide range of cellular processes that the TGFβ signaling pathway regulates, the process is relatively simple. TGFβ superfamily ligands bind to a type II receptor, which recruits and phosphorylates a type I receptor. The type I receptor then phosphorylates receptor-regulated SMADs (R-SMADs) which can now bind the coSMAD SMAD4. R-SMAD/coSMAD complexes accumulate in the nucleus where they act as transcription factors and participate in the regulation of target gene expression.

More here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGF_beta_signaling_pathway
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello InkyProse! Smile

Thanks for posting that, I have used some great products from Riviva Labs before, have to take a look at this! Smile

Happy Holidays!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
It works incredibly well on my 51 year old skin...

Inkyprose,

I like Reviva products but I haven't tried this one. What has this one done for your skin?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about the typo earler! Embarassed

http://www.revivalabs.com/newstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=58

The description from the site:

Reviva's TGF Beta- 1 Cream features a brand new peptide... Palmitoyl Tripeptide 3 with functions different than other peptides and considered a high-tech "tissue growth factor". Partnered with Homestatine this combination influences cell metabolism, stimulating development and cell migration while determining their shape.

Here is the ingredient list:

Ingredients:
Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerin (Veg.), Olive Oil, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, Coconut Endosperm, Homeostatine (Marine Pentasaccharide & Galactomannan from Tara Fruit), Salicoyl Phytosphingoside, Myristyl Alcohol, COQ-10, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Squalane, Soybean Oil, Carbomer 940, Cetearyl Alcohol, Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 am      Reply with quote
JonnyNJ wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
It works incredibly well on my 51 year old skin...

Inkyprose,

I like Reviva products but I haven't tried this one. What has this one done for your skin?

I would like to hear what results you are seeing with the cream also! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
:

Reviva's TGF Beta- 1 Cream features a brand new peptide... Palmitoyl Tripeptide 3 with functions different than other peptides and considered a high-tech "tissue growth factor".

I found this on the palmitoyl tripeptide 3:

Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (PTri-5, Tradename SYN-Coll, previously named Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3) is often referred to as synthetic collagen, because PTri-5 mimics the body's own mechanism to produce this youth-giving substance.

In vitro studies have shown PTri-5 to increase collagen synthesis by 119%. This makes it especially effective for parts of the face and body that have lost skin tissue, for example areas with stretch marks as well as areas with crepey skin such as often forms on the neck and upper arms. Its effect is to plump out the skin from within, similar to Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (PP-4).
(source http://www.ageless-beauty.com/cosmeceutical-peptide.html)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
OOOOOO I have seen a few people in my days that need to bathe in this stuff! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
OOOOOO I have seen a few people in my days that need to bathe in this stuff! Bad Grin Bad Grin

I would be one of those that need to bathe in it!! Laughing
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I should've told what changes I've seen in my skin.

It heals very quickly and I believe I see new, better skin where I hadn't seen it popping up as such before (I think the 50+ crowd would understand this). I had an area on my face which I had shaved (don't ask), and the skin never grew back correctly. This cream helped the proper outer layer of skin grow back extremely quickly-- seemingly overnight. It works well in other areas too. Older skin doesn't bounce back quickly, but this cream is helping mine to do so.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I would be one of those that need to bathe in it!! Laughing

LOL. NAW Those ancient old buggers that still sunbathe, wear socks with sandals and leer at our teanaged daughters or sons!

Thanks InkyProse!
This really does sound great and I like the brand! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
PS

Hi Dark Moon. What's shakin'?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
PS

Almost done with estate insanity after over a year! Then have to get this huge house ready to sell, time to downsize! LOL

How have you been? Glad to see you back!!!Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

It heals very quickly and I believe I see new, better skin where I hadn't seen it popping up as such before (I think the 50+ crowd would understand this). I had an area on my face which I had shaved (don't ask), and the skin never grew back correctly. This cream helped the proper outer layer of skin grow back extremely quickly-- seemingly overnight. It works well in other areas too. Older skin doesn't bounce back quickly, but this cream is helping mine to do so.

I've got extremely thin skin under my eyes. I wander if it can address this issue as well.

InkyProse,

Have you tried this cream on under eye area?
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
PS

Almost done with estate insanity after over a year! Then have to get this huge house ready to sell, time to downsize! LOL

Glad to see you're still here. Smile I'm good. Looking fabulous thanks to my EDS gals. This stuff never leaves you. Wink
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

I've got extremely thin skin under my eyes. I wander if it can address this issue as well.

InkyProse,

Have you tried this cream on under eye area?

To tell the truth, YB, I just started this cream several days ago, but the results have been so good that I rushed over here to tell about them.

I think it would probably work well under your eyes. I'll report back in a few days after I observe that area a little more. I wear glasses so I don't notice that area so much and haven't had too many problems with it to begin with.

The pores on my nose, which were large, seem to be shrinking tho, and as I said before, the healing time for my skin seems rather speedy.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
PS

Glad to see you're still here. Smile I'm good. Looking fabulous thanks to my EDS gals. This
stuff never leaves you. Wink

LOL They just can't get rid of me! Bad Grin

I hope you are planning to be around more often, you have been missed!

Have a great Holiday Season!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

[i]Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (PTri-5, Tradename SYN-Coll, previously named Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3) is often referred to as synthetic collagen, because PTri-5 mimics the body's own mechanism to produce this youth-giving substance.

I've been making this DIY serum for a while:

Green Tea Serum & Syn-Coll (pH 4)
with Matrixyl

3 tsp Distilled water
¼ tsp. EGCG extract(2.5%)Green Tea
1 ml Syn-Coll (3%)(Lotioncrafters)
3 ml Matrixyl (10%)(Cellbone)
1 tspn Aloe Vera Gel
.3 ml Optiphen Plus (1%) Preservative
3 ml DMI (10%) Penetration enhancer

The Syn-Coll is available from Lotioncrafter.com - here's the blurb on it:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/syn-coll.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
PS

Glad to see you're still here. Smile I'm good. Looking fabulous thanks to my EDS gals. This
stuff never leaves you. Wink

LOL They just can't get rid of me! Bad Grin

I hope you are planning to be around more often, you have been missed!

Have a great Holiday Season!!!

Thanks Sweetie. You have a great Christmas too. Mwah!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

[i]Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5

I've been making this DIY serum for a while:

Green Tea Serum & Syn-Coll (pH 4)
with Matrixyl

3 tsp Distilled water
¼ tsp. EGCG extract(2.5%)Green Tea
1 ml Syn-Coll (3%)(Lotioncrafters)
3 ml Matrixyl (10%)(Cellbone)
1 tspn Aloe Vera Gel
.3 ml Optiphen Plus (1%) Preservative
3 ml DMI (10%) Penetration enhancer

The Syn-Coll is available from Lotioncrafter.com - here's the blurb on it:
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/syn-coll.html

How is it working for you?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Nothing to tell really - as usual. I've actually used it all up so now I'm trialling the Osmosis StemFactor.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Nothing to tell really - as usual. I've actually used it all up so now I'm trialling the Osmosis StemFactor.

I might've suggested that you try to increase the amount of the active ingredient to see if you there is a difference, if you'd had any left. I've noticed quicker results with the beta stuff when I put more on.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse:

Do you still like this cream? Is it still improving your skin? Does this cream also help for firming?

Thank you!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
InkyProse:

Do you still like this cream? Is it still improving your skin? Does this cream also help for firming?

Thank you!

I love this cream. It's practically miraculous.

By firmness, do you mean under the chin?
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse:

Thank you for your response. I need to firm my cheek, under my chin, my neck, and...... Sad

I have neck line. I wish this cream may help a little too. I have been using Vit. C (Kassy's C formula) and Retin A. It helps a lot.

Thank you again!
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Okay...you gals are waaay better at comparing ingredients/products....I'm wondering how this cream stacks up to Jan Marini's transformation cream, which is also a tgf beta 1 cream. I've used it and felt like it was beneficial in alot of ways to my skin.

I'm tired and my brain isn't working well, but hasn't there been some negative discussion about tgf beta 1 awhile back?? I honestly don't remember any of the specifics, but I do remember thinking uh oh, I use a product with that in it.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |