Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Got my Retin-A gel, now what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
StrawberryShortcake
5% products discount

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
So, my A-Ret Gel came in today, and I'm a bit confused. How does a pea-sized amount go over all of my face, neck, and collar-bone area? Or am I just supposed to spot-treatment? Also, do I need to be more careful than usual in the sun even if I apply this at night? Is putting sunblock on once a day good enough (I mostly stay inside, though I may be around windows)? Thanks.

I'm not sure what my skin type is, so I'm going to use this for a while, and if my skin stays dry, I guess I'll switch to a cream.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
The pea size amount is just for your face. You dot that all over your face, and then rub in. You don't need much of the Retin A. If you feel you aren't covering your skin with a thin layer, it is ok to add a little more.
StrawberryShortcake
5% products discount

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm so dense when it comes to this kind of thing. lol. Do most people use it on their neck and collarbone areas too?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
StrawberryShortcake wrote:
Thanks. I'm so dense when it comes to this kind of thing. lol. Do most people use it on their neck and collarbone areas too?

No problem, and you're not dense, it is a legit question! A lot of people use it on their neck/chest area. I would go slow with that area, as it is thinner and you may have more of a reaction on the neck/chest than you do on your face. Try every other night on those areas to start, or even less, and build up slowly!
cortenia
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been reading a lot lately about this form of skin "treatment"...I haven't used it myself yet and have pretty sensitive skin so am always a bit hesitant to try things out until I have some knowledge from others first..

So how is it going with your new product is it working no side effects???

Cheers Razz

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

No problem, and you're not dense, it is a legit question! A lot of people use it on their neck/chest area. I would go slow with that area, as it is thinner and you may have more of a reaction on the neck/chest than you do on your face. Try every other night on those areas to start, or even less, and build up slowly!

Excellent advice, I am ghostly pale naturally and have been using RA for around 16 years now. I took it very, very slowly when I began starting with just a few nights a week and gradually adding another night monthly until I could eventually apply nightly. I do use the cream because my skin is normal/dry I find that is best for my skin. I avoided the side effects mostly by taking it so slowly. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi I appreciate the feedback..I also have super pale skin sounds like if you have been using this product for 16 years its a winner...Is there a line in particular that you like??

Thanks Question

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
cortenia wrote:
Hi I appreciate the feedback..I also have super pale skin sounds like if you have been using this product for 16 years its a winner...Is there a line in particular that you like??

Thanks Question

I think it's a winner cortenia, one of the most studied and proven skin care products you can use (so far). I just buy the generic from inhousepharmacy or one of the other reputable online pharmacies if they don't happen to have stock. Smile
I went to a dermatologist when I first wanted to
start, but paying for office visits and prescriptions repeatedly wasn't cost effective so I just continued on by myself! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have to have a prescription for this or can you order something like this online? I am currently using retinol 2% but I'd like to try something stronger at some point...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
Do you have to have a prescription for this or can you order something like this online? I am currently using retinol 2% but I'd like to try something stronger at some point...

I know for a fact the US requires one, but many people order from the overseas pharmacies without one! I think Canada, The UK, and Australia all require a prescription too, but may not have that all correct?

I am about to go straight from Green Cream #9 which is .9% retinol to the 0.025 Retin A, I have very tolerant skin but I am heading all the advice to take it slow, better safe than sorry! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

I know for a fact the US requires one, but many people order from the overseas pharmacies without one! I think Canada, The UK, and Australia all require a prescription too, but may not have that all correct?

I am about to go straight from Green Cream #9 which is .9% retinol to the 0.025 Retin A, I have very tolerant skin but I am heading all the advice to take it slow, better safe than sorry! Laughing

DarkMoon,

Did you order from an oversea pharmacy or get a Rx form a dermatologist? I feel pretty safe starting something like 0.025 on my own but quality is a big issue, you know? Don't want a bunch of cheap fillers rather than the good stuff...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity,

I am waiting for inhouse to get stock back in on the 0.025% cream, they were recommended by a long time user I trust so I am very comfortable ordering from them. I never used a derm, I just want it for the anti-aging properties. I sometimes feel like a total ditz waiting until 56 almost 57 to start on Retin A! I am really pretty picky about the products/ingredients I use, but after over a year at EDS I see what a "proven" it is. Shock Laughing Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Luminosity,

I am waiting for inhouse to get stock back in on the 0.025% cream, they were recommended by a long time user I trust so I am very comfortable ordering from them. I never used a derm, I just want it for the anti-aging properties. I sometimes feel like a total ditz waiting until 56 almost 57 to start on Retin A! I am really pretty picky about the products/ingredients I use, but after over a year at EDS I see what a "proven" it is. Shock Laughing Shock

That's kind of how I feel right about now! I've used fairly strong glycolics for a long time off and on, but as those laugh lines/ eye lines get more noticable, I am finally realizing I need to go for the big guns, lol Bad Grin

I've just always been afraid of Retin-A because of things I've heard... that it thins the skin? Makes it dryer? Stresses the skin out?? From the EDS users I gather the pros outweigh the cons??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

I've just always been afraid of Retin-A because of things I've heard... that it thins the skin? Makes it dryer? Stresses the skin out?? From the EDS users I gather the pros outweigh the cons??

This is not exactly true. Retin A will thin the outer layers of the skin, but thicken the inner layers. It also will normalize the skin in the long run. It is only in the beginning for most people that the Retin A dries out the skin. It is exfoliating the outer layers - like glycolic acid. It is really still one of the only proven anti-agers we have.
ddt1001

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know an online pharmacy that sells Renova? I use Retin A but my sister uses Renova and I can't find an online pharmacy that sells it without a script. Much cheaper online than from docs or derm docs. Have only used one and that was All Day Chemists. Any ideas?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
ddt1001 wrote:
Does anyone know an online pharmacy that sells Renova? I use Retin A but my sister uses Renova and I can't find an online pharmacy that sells it without a script. Much cheaper online than from docs or derm docs. Have only used one and that was All Day Chemists. Any ideas?

Here is a google search of "Buy Renova Online No Prescription" there are sites that sell the generic as well as the brand name, some have you fill in a medical information form and their onsite doctor writes the rx.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Buy+Renova+no+prescription&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
ddt1001 wrote:

As far as I know, only medsmex was selling the Renova on line.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
ddt1001 wrote:

As far as I know, only medsmex was selling the Renova on line.

I don't know check here it's just one site advertising? Maybe I am all wrong!

http://www.serious-anti-aging-skin-care-product-renova-cream.com/renova-cream-ordering-instructions.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

http://www.serious-anti-aging-skin-care-product-renova-cream.com/renova-cream-ordering-instructions.htm

Did you check the prices? Might as well get a Rx from the doc and go to a local pharmacy. They are charging $235 per tube of Renova.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Did you check the prices? Might as well get a Rx from the doc and go to a local pharmacy. They are charging $235 per tube of Renova.

LOL. No I just checked for sites selling it, I wasn't planning on buying Renova, I was looking for a few who posted they couldn't find it. Bad idea I guess. Embarassed Shock Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
You need to use a good moisturizer Neostrata has Moisture infusion cream a cheaper alternative would be Eucerin 5% Urea face cream.Do not use vaseline or Aquaphor Healing Ointment which is petroleum jelly but costs $22. more than Vaseline.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, great discussion. I want to buy retin a online, but don't know which one to get. How can it be so cheap online and 180$ a tube at the doctors? Could someone recommend which name to buy at the online places? Thanks, retin a is great for your skin!
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Where exactly are you folks that has to pay over $100 for retin A.I am in Canada i got a prescription from my OBGYN and picked it up at the pharmacy for $20.00CAN
you can ask even your family Dr for a prescription and fill it at any pharmacy.Dermatologists are a rip off most of the times.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Atiyya wrote:
Where exactly are you folks that has to pay over $100 for retin A.I am in Canada i got a prescription from my OBGYN and picked it up at the pharmacy for $20.00CAN
you can ask even your family Dr for a prescription and fill it at any pharmacy.Dermatologists are a rip off most of the times.

In the US the Retin A costs way more than $20. That is why so many choose to buy on line.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Once a day sunblock would be fine if you dont sweat much and use a " physical sunblock" and not a chemical one; the later should be applied every 2 hours or so..

One very good, 100% physical sunblock I have found is by NIA24.

Also, do I need to be more careful than usual in the sun even if I apply this at night? Is putting sunblock on once a day good enough (I mostly stay inside, though I may be around windows)? Thanks.

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |