Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Prayers needed for a 6 year old boy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I heard some tragic news. A dear friend's son, Joseph, a 6 year year old boy, fell while climbing a tree December 22nd. He was knocked unconscious and remains in that state - 3 days later.

This is so heartbreaking to me. I have tried to keep myself busy over the last few days - but I just have a knot in my stomach.

This is hard also because my friend lives in another country and English is not his first language. He is trying to explain to me what the doctors are saying - but it is getting lost in translation and I just do not understand what is happening.

What is also disturbing is a week ago this boy asked his father "what happens when you die". Such an innocent out of the blue question. But now this.

Please, I am asking for any prayers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
erg, I will be praying for the little boy.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you cookie, so much. It means so much to me. I have tears streaming down my face because I feel so helpless. Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I understand your concern. Is it possible they are keeping the child in a coma because of brain swelling? This can be the case for brain trauma situations. Young children can heal and recover so much easier than when we are older. I will remember this child in prayer and I am sure others will also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby. From what I understand, the doctors are unsure why he has not woken up.

That is a hopeful point you make - children are so resilient. Thanks for your thoughts. back to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well bottom line, whatever the condition...there is power in prayer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sending all my prayers, positive thoughts and love to this little boy and his family erg! God Bless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely keep the little boy and his family in my prayers.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sending prayers and wishes for speedy recovery to the boy and his family!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone.. it means a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:54 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Thanks everyone.. it means a lot.

Keep us updated erg please! Still sending prayers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
My prayers go to you, the boy and his family!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers as well. Please let us know when you hear more.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. No change. Doctors say there is swelling in the brain and we just have to wait at this point. Really appreciate the good thoughts and prayers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been on this forum for a long, long time and your post brought tears. I truly hope the little boy will be okay. My prayers are with the entire family.

-Cheri
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cheri so much.

I just feel so helpless. They are in a developing country and I just do not know what type of medical treatments are available.

He was moved from the local hospital to a children's hospital in the capital. Better care, but less family can be there to visit. But his father is there day and night so someone is always at his side.

Just listening to his father tell me what he is whispering in his ear, caressing him to try and get a reaction - just makes my heart ache.

Thanks again to everyone.
I believe so much in the power of prayer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

I just feel so helpless. They are in a developing country and I just do not know what type of medical treatments are available.

I had a medical experience in a foreign country that was amazingly positive. I was surprised at how good and quick their care was. This was in Croatia, while not a "developing" country, our experience was in 2000, not long after all the war activity there and the infrastructure was not fully restored.

My son (age 4 at the time) had a head injury and required stitches as well. We went to the emergency room, they took us in right away, no waiting, no paperwork initially. The doctor and staff were top notch and my son's forehead scar barely shows.

I hope that your friend's experience is similar and that things start to look positive very soon. Sending hugs your way.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I have some good news.

Joseph woke up this morning. The first thing he did (after asking where he was) was to ask for ice cream.

He appears to just have some short term memory loss at this point and that is it.

Oh, thank god.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
That's great news erg, Thank You for letting us know, the short term memory loss is very normal from what I have read so that's very encouraging for a full recovery! Big Happy Hug!!!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
How wonderful....now we need to continue to pray and get that short term memory up to speed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the hug DM - and your support! I can finally breathe again. I felt like I was in a daze - walking around doing normal things but always this sick feeling in my stomach.

whew!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes TOby! If thats all we have to worry about now we can handle that! I knew he would be fine when he asked for ice cream Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
The internet can be a wonderful tool to get the word out when there is a need. Everytime I came to the forum I saw the thread and remembered to pray....I know that others did the same thing! Now we are all blessed with this good news!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
That is great news, erg! I bet his parents are thrilled (and very relieved!) Very Happy
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I really believe that. I hesitated in posting at first about this, but thought we needed all the prayers we could get. I was laying in bed, could not sleep, and thought I just need to get the word out there. I jumped up and made my first post about this.

The power of prayer is huge.

For all of you to take the time to remember Joseph in your hearts.. I just appreciate it so much.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |