Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Skin on the outer corners of eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any solutions for skin just under the outer corner of the eyes which has become red/purple? I've been a bit concerned but thought that applying eye cream would be enough to protect it from what I imagine is the saltiness of tears that dries/irritates. I think I've gotten used to a slightly itchy feeling there. I wear contacts so maybe I tear more often than most, or its happening while I sleep. It angles down following the line of the (upper) lashline about a centimetre!

I've been putting vit c under my eyes, and am starting to use my .025 tretinoin cream near there as well, but this area almost seems too delicate/dry for either due to the lack of fatty tissue underneath it. So I haven't tried treating it, but will if its recommended.

There are deep lines that gather there when I smile plus I'm seeing my mom's hoods which sagged as low as there as she aged! I guess that means that its time for c/retins on hoods as well... plus taking a look at the Lulu excercise/download I got a couple of years ago.. high maintenance here I come!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Lori - not sure what you can do to heal the bumps (maybe try cocoa butter, i find that always helps me with rough skin patches), but to prevent it in future you could try applying vaseline on that area. This would keep out the tears that cause it. You can also apply a rich cream directly underneath it this will help moisturise it over night too.

I know a lot of people dnt like vaseline on skin, but it really works for me and derms often recommend it so what the heck!

Lastly try massaging the area (while its well moisturised) to build up the thickness

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mowgli, thanks for your recommendations. Actually, there are no bumps - just minimal damage/discoloration, but since its fairly pristine eye-skin I'm concerned. I've been applying eye oil, but I'll try massaging in cocoa butter & see if vaseline helps form a barrier. I notice that when I sleep or wake up its exactly where my tears collect.

I've also decided to apply tretinoin & vit c there and to my hoods, and so far there's been no sensitivity!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to bring this up again but I'm convinced that many other people have this issue and like me, aren't even aware. I was horrified to discover that I'VE been the one damaging the areas by rubbing them raw whenever I cried or teared! Now, because I have 2 lines above them from my eye hoods, it just looks like another line, while its not (unless I smile, anyway) - its just darkened/damaged skin which has never had a chance to heal.

Let this be a lesson - never rub near your eye - always dab!

I've been applying tretinoin, vit c, aloe & cocoa butter but I'm wondering if vaseline is enough to protect it & repel the salty tears, since it will invariably get washed/dabbed away. Tears ALWAYS collect there, i.e. every time I dab, I look a minute later & its shiny again so I habitually dab with the back of my hand (at least I don't poke using my fingers!). And sometimes I have to dab, especially outside in the wind, or tears will run down my cheek.

Do you think there's anything else that might stay put & do its job protecting the area so that it gets a chance to heal?

rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I went through a period like this many years ago during a divorce(lots of crying)I found that rubbing a little Desitin ointment (for diaper rash) healed that up. I would put it on at night,and in the morning. Even now if I am overly aggressive with RetinA or exfoliation in a sensitive area that is my first go to product, and it works for me every time. I do still use it morning and night if I have a raw skin issue. Just use a very small amt and rub it in well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Aquaphor or the diaper rash cream are your best bet for healing area.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed this problem too, just recently! it sounds the exact same as yours Lori..my left eye is worse than my right. My eyes are inclined to tear if its windy and I am pretty sure that's what caused mine. I always try to be gently when wiping at my eyes. I have been applying an Elizabeth Grant serum, only really started on that about 6 weeks, no great improvement as yet.

Mine seems ok when I dab some concealer on it, but when I have no make up on its more noticable. I have tried alot of eye creams, haven't found anything 'wow' yet.

just edited to add that I am going to try some copper peptides around this area soon, I have seen some amazing results but it can be tricky!!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! I'll run right out and get the aquaphor (which I've seen mentioned so many times here) and Desitin. I think the local pharmacy's having a laugh about me since the only things I ever ask about are things "for my face" which I've seen mentioned "on a makeup board".

I see a lot of people with these marks by their eyes now. And looking back I know I got into the habit of compulsively wiping years ago when I noticed makeup collecting there, something which is no longer a problem, so unnecessary.

Good luck Bermie! I haven't tried cp's (anywhere) yet - I hope it works for you. Please let us know!

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |