Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Some success with oily eyelids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed that using oil on the eyelids stimulates the oil glands? Since starting OCM, I've not been able to keep eyeliner on--even the most water-proof.

I heard that Palladio's Rice Powder might help, so I wrote to the company and they suggested applying it before and after the eyeliner. I also bought their water-proof liner. So far, it's working fairly well. It's a little harder to get a good line over the powder, but after 4 hours, I still see the liner.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried a gel eyeliner - I find that has the most staying power.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Have you tried a gel eyeliner - I find that has the most staying power.

I use the Smashbox gel liners and have not had any issue with losing my liner, and even without OCM my lids have always been oily. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I've used Stila gel liner which I don't like applying and cleaning up after. But I could have coped with that, had it worked...but it doesn't. It comes off like everything else. Funny thing, it worked pretty well until OCM, but that may just be a coincidence.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
I've used Stila gel liner which I don't like applying and cleaning up after. But I could have coped with that, had it worked...but it doesn't. It comes off like everything else. Funny thing, it worked pretty well until OCM, but that may just be a coincidence.

I find the Smashbox go on and are blend-able for a short time but once set they don't budge until I remove my makeup yet come off easily when I do remove it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
The HG of Gel Liners is supposed to be the Bobby Brown one - but it's quite expensive. So I'm using a Mirenesse one which is half the price. IMO it's even better than the BB one - it sets like concrete and doesn't come off - and I have very oily lids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The HG of Gel Liners is supposed to be the Bobby Brown one - but it's quite expensive. So I'm using a Mirenesse one which is half the price. IMO it's even better than the BB one - it sets like concrete and doesn't come off - and I have very oily lids.

I haven't tried the Mirenesse gel liner but have liked a few other products I have tried. Smile the Smashbox is like that also for me at least it just doesn't budge once it sets!
I know it's not going to be popular but I am just not a BB fan, the line is just overpriced compared to products that perform as well if not better. IMHO Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have oily eyelids, but always have had problems w under eye concealer staying on.

For years I've been using Mavala eye base.
They have been making a "eye primer" for at least 20 years before all the other companies.
Their eye base is my favorite because it is clear and has no sparkles in it.

I don't mind tinted primers,but sometimes it ruins the shade of your eyeshadows.

The clear eye base, it is good for any skin tone-so that is a plus.
Cheap also (I think 10ml is anywhere from $10-15).

But it is like a eye cream and they put talc and stuff to prevent makeup from evaporating.
it really helps make my concealer stay on.
I have used pretty much every commercial concealer and this is the only thing that stops it from evaporating.

For rice powder or cornstarch- you could just use what you find at the grocery store Smile
unless the expensive rice powder has something magical in it??
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Flavia, are you the person who started the earlier thread a while ago asking about diy powders for eyelids? If so, I think I might have been the person who recommended it - I'm glad it worked for you! I'd only read about it and still haven't been able to find it in Canada so if anyone knows anything, pls let me know!

And Ottawa Shopper, yes you can buy rice powder anywhere, but Palladio is apparently super-fine triple-milled, which makes a big difference. Its like the difference between Mac eyeshadows and some of the far less expensive brands. By the way this powder is only $5 or so, from what'd heard.

And for what its worth, I've been using the Maybelline gel eyeliner (about $12) and though I'm not all too fussy, I'm happy with it. It was recommended to me by girls who ARE fussy though! I think they'd said the Wet & Wild was good too. I get the impression most gel liners are good, apart from occasional minor flaking - its what sets them apart from others.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA,

I know Sally's carries the rice powder by Pallido and I just recently noticed on their web site a banner saying "Now shipping to Canada" you may have luck there? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM, I'll look into it. I've been holding back from getting too comfortable ordering online so far... slippery slope you know, haha!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Thanks DM, I'll look into it. I've been holding back from getting too comfortable ordering online so far... slippery slope you know, haha!

I know all too well, fortunately I somehow managed to force restraint on myself finally in the last 3-4 years! I really consider if I need something before making purchases 99.999% of the time. It took me long enough and a lot of "epic fail" products to reach this point. Bad Grin Bad Grin

5% products discount

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone Very Happy

I thought I might add what's worked very nicely for my lids, which tend to get oily. Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer
does a great job of keeping all of my eyemakeup where it's meant to be all day long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Dreamweaver wrote:
Hi Everyone Very Happy

I thought I might add what's worked very nicely for my lids, which tend to get oily. Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer
does a great job of keeping all of my eyemakeup where it's meant to be all day long.

Hi, Welcome and Happy New Year Dreamweaver Smile

I have used many of BE's products including the regular face primer, and like them a lot! I haven't tried their shadow primer, been using Benefit's Lemon Aid for a while now. Maybe after I run out I will check this out! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA, Yep, I'm the one who brought this up on another thread. In addition to Palladio's rice powder, I tried some of my old Coty translucent face powder and it seemed to work about the same, though I need to test it a little longer.

As I may have mentioned in that other thread, the best product I've used is Ultima II's Fade Not Crease Not, but I'll be danged if I'm gonna pay $25 for it. It was $14 a couple of years ago.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |