Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Deflating fillers...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Just had some Juverderm Ultra (6 days ago) around my nasolabial lines and corners of my mouth, and feeling like it's a bit lumpy and "exposed." Wondering if there is anything I can do to "deflate" it a little. Was thinking about using my Anti Aging Light Stim. Will that do it? Any suggestions?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I think there is a waiting period whereby the fillers will settle down. For me I had to wait for 2 weeks.
I had them done for the nose bridge and chin.
Chin was still lumpy after a few weeks and it was only when I went back to the doc that i was told that more filler needs to be injected at the sides of the chin in order to smoothen out the main chin filler with the rest of the jaw.

If you don't like the fillers or think that it is too much, you can always get the doc to extract it out for you.

The problem that I face is that the filler at my nose bridge tends to move upwards onto my forehead, which is likely to be due to 'too much' juvederm for my bridge. Neutral

And I'm not sure if my doc is not experienced enough or it is a trial and error for each procedure for maximum results. Too much for bridge and not enough for chin. Confused
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Radiesse is supposed to be better for the nose bridge.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I had asked Light Stim about using the light around fillers and they said it would not cause them any harm. Maybe it would reduce any inflammation that you are having though.

I bet things will even out over the next week. But if it doesn't, it can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I would try lots of massage. Personally, I don't think that the Lightstim has an impact on fillers.

Are the lumps the worst at the corners of your mouth? I have had my marionette folds filled a few times and I always seem to end up with a more pronounced "lump" there which makes them look worse.

If the lumps are due to the fault of the injector - I would definitely go back and complain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I would try lots of massage. Personally, I don't think that the Lightstim has an impact on fillers.

Are the lumps the worst at the corners of your mouth? I have had my marionette folds filled a few times and I always seem to end up with a more pronounced "lump" there which makes them look worse.

If the lumps are due to the fault of the injector - I would definitely go back and complain.

Yes, very lumpy in the corner of my mouth. The "Injector" is highly experienced and has done juvey for me once before. So far, this time, I'm not pleased.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl,

I can tell this has you quite upset, understandably! Have you contacted the clinic/office where you had it done with your concerns?
I admit I have no experience with fillers so far, but that would be my first course of action with any procedure that left me less than satisfied. I am only trying to help, and hope you get this resolved asap!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Yes, very lumpy in the corner of my mouth. The "Injector" is highly experienced and has done juvey for me once before. So far, this time, I'm not pleased.

My experience has been that even though the filler was injected into the "valley" at the corner of the mouth - it somehow ends up in the fold of skin, thereby making it look worse. I have had this done a number of times, by various clinicians who have all assured me that they are expert in fixing this problem - but my results have always been the same. Basically, I've given up with it and won't be getting it done again. Sometimes I think it may be just the shape of my mouth - the filler doesn't work with my particular features.

I would definitely go back and complain though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping since its only been a week, some of the poofy spots will settle down. I am massaging like you suggested Keliu, (hard or gently?) I will definitely head back to the Derm's office if it doesn't resolve. Sheesh...$500 to look worse! Rolling Eyes

rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I had Silikon 1000 injected and my Dr. told me if I felt any lumps to press hard and rub 10 times counterclockwise then 10 times clockwise 2X a day. Massage makes sense to me, so does calling the office.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
[url]http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net/forum.htm You might find some useful information on this website. Their are a lot of self injectors here so I'm sure they may have ran across a lump or two in their time. At any rate I have gone there and LMAO at the diy Botox injectors they have got some pretty entertaining stories. Although I am researching this myself! Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also had Juverderm Ultra filler done and the results were great. The DR did do a lot of massaging with his fingers to get the fillers smooth. I was told if they were too lumpy or hard you can get the fillers dissolved with another injection. The good news is that in the end the results are not permanent, which can be a positive if you don't like the results or a negative if you love it.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
ok...its been 10 days since the injection. Bruises are long gone and the bumpy spots have flattened out. It looks good. Someone remind me to be patient next time I do this Rolling Eyes. Thanks for the suggestions and support. I am so used to things "going wrong" when I have a "procedure," I assumed this was another one to write up on the list. Not so~~! Yea!!!!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
ok...its been 10 days since the injection. Bruises are long gone and the bumpy spots have flattened out. It looks good. Someone remind me to be patient next time I do this Rolling Eyes. Thanks for the suggestions and support. I am so used to things "going wrong" when I have a "procedure," I assumed this was another one to write up on the list. Not so~~! Yea!!!!

MG Reminder be patient! Smile
I am glad it all resolved and looks good now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
My experience has been the same - it takes 10 days to two weeks for things to "settle down".

In the meantime, lots of massage worked for me.

I love fillers and I love Botox, not too much though - remember Goldilocks and the Three Bears, lol.

BF
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |