Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
"Jazzing" for hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I know this was discussed on another thread but it seemed a little off topic there, so I wanted to ask the experts again about using Clairols Jazzing. I tried it for my long, curly, gray hair. Sheesh, on sale at Sally's, it cost about $3.95. So I used the clear (colorless) since they don't have a gray hair option Rolling Eyes
and I sat under an old fashioned hair dryer for 25 minutes, then shampooed and conditioned my hair. Hmmmmm...not much difference at all. So here are my questions: Is it possible that it didn't "take" because my hair had so much product on it to start with? Should I have shampooed first? Note: I use tons of hair-curling products and only shampoo about once every 3 wks so maybe it couldn't penetrate my coated hair strands?? How long do you have to wait between applications? Should I try again?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hey MG,

Yes you apply it to freshly washed clean DAMP hair! It isn't like regular permanent color with peroxide so it can't penetrate through other products on your hair!
I wash, condition then rinse really well, then towel dry or even blow dry to get a good deal of the water out....apply Jazzing and use my heat cap. Smile
There is no need for any wait time at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
DK...you know it doesn't say to shampoo first, but I can do that, but then do I need to shampoo again after the application? Yikes...for a once-a-month shampoo-er like me, that's a lot of suds!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
DK...you know it doesn't say to shampoo first, but I can do that, but then do I need to shampoo again after the application? Yikes...for a once-a-month shampoo-er like me, that's a lot of suds!!

It says to use on clean damp hair, if you have product build up as you posted even permanent color (with peroxide) won't take properly. Sorry but yes it's best to shampoo again after! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
DK...how often can you do it?

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
DK...how often can you do it?

MG, You can redo it right away, it's not harmful to your hair at all it coats the hair. Normal need to do is around 6 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Excellent! Will re-try!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Excellent! Will re-try!

I have used it regularly immediately after my permanent color, as soon as I rinse the one out I towel dry until damp and then apply the Jazzing! It adds shine and seals in my color!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Excellent! Will re-try!

I have used it regularly immediately after my permanent color, as soon as I rinse the one out I towel dry until damp and then apply the Jazzing! It adds shine and seals in my color!

Is the Jazzing clear "colour" better than the Sebastian Colourshines?
I have not yet tried any of those drugstore shine glosses and am kind of curious.
they do not sell them in Canada where I am though.
but am going to Fla in 6 weeks!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused. What does the clear one do? I don't want to color my hair as I am finally all natural after years of a dried up bleach blond permed mess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I'm confused. What does the clear one do? I don't want to color my hair as I am finally all natural after years of a dried up bleach blond permed mess.

First to answer OS, it's a professional product not sold in drug stores, I haven't used the colorshines you mentioned so can't compare.

Frodo, The purpose of the clear is exactly for people that want the added shine without color. What they do is coat the hair strands which is actually protective and good for the hair and the clear just adds a beautiful shine to your natural hair. A note it's not a coating you feel
like say silicones in an anti-frizz product, but it also adds a nice silkiness to your hair without weighing it down. Normally lasts for around 6 weeks. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Excellent! Will re-try!

I was just making a point about the gentleness of the Jazzing, it's safe enough and gentle enough that I can and do use it immediately after color processing my own hair, that's not a requirement for using the product.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |