Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anybody tried Anastasia Tweezers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody ever tried these? Anastasia is the "eyebrow guru to the stars" in Hollywood and her tweezers have gotten a pretty good review on MUA so I was just wondering if anyone here had tried them? I have a pair of Tweezermans, which are infinitely better than the el cheapo drugstore brands I'd been using for years but I have a problem with the Tweezermans' sorta cutting the hair off at the skin when I go to grab it. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe it's just my technique?? Anyway, I wondered if Anastasia's tweezers were any better or if I should just save my money and not listen to the hype. Another "prestige" brand of tweezers that I've seen at my local Sallys is Mehaz Rubis Slanted Tweezer, which I think sold for around $32USD (as opposed to $18USD for most Tweezermans), but I haven't heard anything about them so I don't know if -- in this case -- more expensive necessarily means better....

Any info would be appreciated!

TIA,
Carrie
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi carekate,

I live in London and haven't heard of Anastasia tweezers, are they pointed? I do have a pair of tweezerman slanted (great for getting lots of hair) and a pair of Shavata pointed tweezers (fantastic on the really tiny hairs) both are great. I would suggest when using the tweezers that you pull your eyebrow before using and if you steam your face beforehand (or after coming out of the bath) the hair is easier to remove.

Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate,

I've never heard of Anastasia tweezers -- I do, however, have the same gripe about the tweezermans! They DO tend to cut the hair off at the base before I get a chance to pluck it and it drives me nuts! I do use tweezerman's as my main tweezers, though, because they are the best I have found so far. I saw little mini tweezerman's in my drugstore that seemed to work pretty well, but, alas, I have lost mine. Sad As far as cheapo tweezers, the best I have found is LA CROSS tweezers. If anyone has tried the Anastasias please let us know! I am fanatical about my eyebrows!
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
i have a pair of slanted la cross tweezers. i got them at my local drugstore, so the price was good. i've found they do grip really well, the ends have stayed pointy (despite my dropping them a lot) and they don't cut the hair i'm trying to get at (the most annoying thing!!).

i also have a pair of la cross's travel tweezers...they work well, but i find the metal they are made of is too thick for their size, so they don't feel really delicate and if you use them a lot they're tiring for the fingers.
Mabsy

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I've heard about the Anastasia tweezers but I found out about them through MUA. I don't think they are available in Australia. I have the Tweezerman slanted tweezers (and a couple of the tweezerettes) and I really like them. Much better than any other tweezer I have tried (which admittedly were crap though Smile). I haven't had the problems that you have mentioned though. I position the tweezers more or less parallel to the skin, grab the hair and pull very quickly. I think Happy's suggestion of tweezing after a hot bath or after steaming your face is great! That should also make it less painful...

Have you (and Chimera too) had this problem with other tweezers? I'm just wondering if this might be the tweezers themselves being faulty, the technique, or perhaps your hair type? Say, if you bleached your eyebrows often then that might make them drier and more brittle which may not be noticeable until you tried to pluck them? I'm grasping at straws here I think...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I think it's the Tweezermans! I had a pair many years ago, which I finally stopped using because of the same problem (cutting the hair off at the skinline) and eventually I lost them. That's when I started using the el cheapo drugstore brands...maybe they couldn't grab the tiniest hairs but by-God, they didn't cut them off at the base either! Then while poking around on MUA, I saw all the raves about the Tweezermans and I thought I'd give them another shot...maybe the first pair I had was faulty or something. But, sadly, I had the same problem again. So now I'm torn: while the Tweezermans ARE superior to the drugstore brands and I use them most of the time now, the little bugger still cuts off the hair so I don't know if I should just completely give up on "prestige" tweezers or if I should try out some other high-end brand....
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:51 am      Reply with quote
FYI - when I was at Sephora yesterday buying products for someone's CP request, I bought myself the Anastasia 7-piece Ultimate Brow Kit -- I figure WTH? Because if I hate it, I can always return it to Sephora for a full refund or exchange it for the latest lip plumper or lip balm du jour, right?!

Okay, you know how I hate the Tweezerman tweezers b/c they always sever the little hairs off right at the skin surface? Well, Anastasia's tweezers DON'T do that!! Do I like them? Let me put it this way: I just listed my Tweezerman tweezers up for swap on MUA!! I'll update with my thoughts on the other products in the Brow Kit after I've had a chance to test all of them so stay tuned....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the Anastasia tweezers. I have full thick eyebrows and it works great on my eyebrows. I always have a few thick small hairs that grow in and I never have a problem tweezing them. The shortest to the thickest of hair comes out every time. I have used Tweezerman, Revlon and many others, but nothing works like the Anastasia tweezer. The best tweezer I ever used.

Marisa
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |