Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

At-Home Beurer Soft Laser Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone that might not know what this is, I bought it on The Shopping Channel (in Canada) and it's a small hand-held "soft laser" which supposedly stimulates skin cells to repair damage that's been done to them. Okay, I know this description is a bit clunky and vague, but basically the people marketing it on TV say that it's a proven technology and that the light from the laser stimulates skin cells (or the mitochondria within skin cells) to "do their work"; in other words, start repairing whatever is wrong.
Soooo....if you have wrinkles, it's supposed to help; if you have sun/age spots, it's supposed to help; if you have scarring, it's supposed to help.
Also, it's completely painless -- you feel no heat or any sensation, really, when it's on your skin.
Now, I feel like this laser has become almost like a third arm to me -- that's how determinedly I've been using it! And I honestly have to say, the only thing I think it's really improved is my pore size...they do look smaller. But, unfortunately, everything else looks the same -- fine lines, hyperpigmentation....I'll spare you the rest.
I've had this gizmo for about 6 months now, and can't say I use it every night, but I use it whenever I'm in front of the TV; I try to do my whole face with it (by the way, you're supposed to laser the section of skin you're treating for approx. 4 minutes a section - and considering the laser covers about a dime-size portion of skin at a time, you can imagine how much TV-watching and lasering I'm getting in!) I would only confess this to my fellow skin-care enthusiasts here (that's a nice euphemism, isn't it?)
So, has anyone else used this contraption and seen any results? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Have I destroyed my reputation and credibility forever more on this forum???
I'm not sure how much more time to invest in this thing....so I look forward to hearing all your feedback....cheers, Dee.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I admire your determination in using this so consistently! Whenever I get a new "gadget" I start to forget to use it after a few weeks. I do know the product you're talking about though. I did briefly consider getting this because I think it made mention of spider veins or broken capillaries. I couldn't find much about any results that people have got with it in terms of reduction of spider veins so I decided it was too pricy to test out.

Keep us updated on your results though please!
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
DeeDee99,
When I started to read your post, I began to get really excited, yet another product to put on my ever growing wish list. However, seeing that you've used it for 6 months without all the promised results, I think I'll wait to see what your report is in another few months. I've not seen it on t.v. but do keep us "enthusiasts" informed of your progress. If skin care companies only knew the effect of a positive word on EDS and other forums, they would be tripping over each other trying to buy advertising space. Rolling Eyes Keep us posted! Very Happy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just read your post. I think I know what your problem is. If you over use Low Level Laser Therapy it can actually have the reverse effects on the cells or atleast not have any effect at all. From my research, I would use the Softlaser (which is stated in the directions) for no more than 15 minutes per session. I actually have a Softlaser (called a "NuLase") similar to the Beurer device and I use it for about 5 minutes per session and I get really great results. Also If you combine the treatment with a topical product (put the topical product on first) It will activate the absorbtion and cause a dual modality effect for added benefits. So back off on the T.V. and just do a treatment for 3 to 15 minutes and see if that helps.

Good Luck

Joy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
joy4444 wrote:
I just read your post. I think I know what your problem is. If you over use Low Level Laser Therapy it can actually have the reverse effects on the cells or atleast not have any effect at all. From my research, I would use the Softlaser (which is stated in the directions) for no more than 15 minutes per session. I actually have a Softlaser (called a "NuLase") similar to the Beurer device and I use it for about 5 minutes per session and I get really great results. Also If you combine the treatment with a topical product (put the topical product on first) It will activate the absorbtion and cause a dual modality effect for added benefits. So back off on the T.V. and just do a treatment for 3 to 15 minutes and see if that helps.

Good Luck

Joy

Hi Joy4444 - I was so pleased to read your post! I felt deflated when I got wind of the DeeDee99's *not so great review*....that's why I never picked it up...But I might give it a try, now!
Thanks!
Pudoodles
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Are you using it in cycles? Any type of laser or radio-frquency therapy is only supposed to be used on a rotating cycle basis with healing. I don't know the exact function (or output) of the unit you're using, but the ones used at day spas or medical facilities (even thermage) work by traumatizing the skin, then you need to give it time to rebuild. This is where the results come in. Usually the protocol is 4-5 weeks of trauma to the skin, then 4-5 weeks of healing.
Maybe you are using it too much & not giving the dermal matrix time to repair & rebuild?
-Darren
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have it as well, little or no results - actually tried a different brand from Canada that kind of burned my skin. Overall, just sits in my drawer.
joy4444

Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I really love mine. The NuLase comes with a skin care line as a pre and post treatment. I am very happy with the results. My skin has never looked better. It also nips acne in the bud. I purchased it at a doctors office and I cant seem to find it on the web..or i would post the URL.

Joy
eportillo

Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have used both the breuer and the nulase both of which I find effective. The difference is the nulase was manufactured to penetrate a little deeper having a stronger power output. There's a new website by Vitagnost Laser (?)that contains great info on how this stuff works. But anyway, what I noticed on the practical side- is if you look in a magnified mirror, while you laser your skin, gently pull the area that you wish to see change. For instance, if the lines around your mouth are what bother you- gently pull the skin up in the direction it would be if the lines weren't there- laser that area. You'll visibly see the skin change. Most of it will return to pre-laser but some will not. What you will notice is that your skin is like leggos the part that does change is the start- the surrounding area will continue to support the change. It really works! Even my husband can't believe it and he's a scientist!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Vitagnost site it is good. The laser power is only 5mW which is very low power. They have a picture with 50mW but I don't know whose product that is. The review on soft lasers I got from MEDLINE says things under 100mW really are not effective. The Vita gnost site had a link to a bunch of new abstracts but my Acrobat crashes trying to open them. If someone reads them report back.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
This all sounds very complicated to me Embarassed
It makes you realise the lengths we go to for beauty!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi DeeDee99 - I am interested in buying a Beurer Softlaser - from what I have read about it, it helps with the Collegen production of the skin. How does your skin feel after using this now. Are you still likig it? Does your skin feel plumped-up? Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Beuer, have had mine for over a year. I also have the Nulase laser and DPL system. (I alternate them).
I use the Beauer for about 6 minutes morning and evening, time permitting, lol!!
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Gina - When do you use the Dermawand - which is better the Softlaser or the Dermawand? Or, should I say - which one would help me stay younger?? Very Happy Very Happy IT LOOKS LIKE I AM GOING TO BE A BADGET JUNKIE!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I use the beuer on clean skin after cleansing, then apply my skin products. I use the dermawand AFTER my moisturizers, ect., to help them penetrate.
I really like both gadgets, have used the dermawand for about 7 or 8 years now, the beuer for nearly 2 years.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Gina - I would never have thought of using the two at the same time - WOW, WHAT A GREAT IDEA - THANKS, THANKS. Now, I can go and place that order for the Beurer. Do you do the same thing in the evening????

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
In the morning (if I have time) , I use the beuer after cleansing, before applying products. In the evening, I use the beuer again, then the dermawand after applying my products, (use dermawand just in evening ), hths. Very Happy
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Gina, would it be too much to use the Beurer and Dermawand in the morning and evening - just curious Very Happy

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
hi,
can you please let me know if you bought this product? if you do; is it working or just other online scam, im affriad and tired of spending money that dont work. please let me know the truth.
thanks
sangie
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
sangie - I too purchased the beurer laser from Te Shopping Channel and used it 2x a day for approximately 3 weeks and then returned it for a refund. There was no improvement in my skin - BUT it left a red circle the size of the tip on the Beurer Laser in between my number 11's and I have since had Laser treatments and the mark has not faded.
ccbandt

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I also bought this on the Shopping Channel and returned it within the 30 days. What I found was mostly the gadget stuck on my skin unless I used a ton of that photo gel it comes with. It tugged under the eyes, and I saw no noticeable results of any kind, in fact I felt it was pulling on skin I certainly didnt need to be pulled! I wasnt impressed.

So I agree with you entirely and have found other things that are quicker to use and where
I actually see results!
Jewels385
5% products discount

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate everyone's honest reviews. Sad to hear its been such a disappointment to so many but glad you could return it for a refund. Sounds like the shopping channel had many brought back to them. I'm a little surprised they keep selling it. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Bumped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Bump again!! They're selling these on Ebay for $79.00 with free shipping - I think I might get one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - are you going to get the red or IR one or both?

PQ

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |