Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
History Of Whoo - best for whitening/pigmentation/freckles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey, thanks for the recommendation calorblind! Can you tell me about how much it costs, and if you know, what the PPD and SFP are? Also, is there a site where I can find the ingredients? (

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Aryanna wrote:
calorblind wrote:
try the whoo whitening sunscreen!! its ace

Hey Colorblind,

As you mentioned, you've tried everything of The History of Whoo. Can you tell me if Ja Saeng Essence for anti-aging any good? I'm using the whitening intensive program now and wanted to add something anti-aging to my regimen.

Thanks in advance Smile

i think the Ja Saeng is a 1 month program and a multi purpose serum ( wrinkles, acne, etc). How is the whitening intensive program so far? I think the whitening line also has anti-aging ingredients in it! are u using the entire line?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Aryanna wrote:
Another quick question..have to tried anything of IOPE line? I went to Amore Cosmetic store the other day..and the first thing the Sales Representative asked me to try is IOPE. I read this brand earned a lot of awards last yr!

yes, appaarently it won many awards last year http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/republic-of-korea-best-korean-cosmetics-award-2010/

i think one of the reasons is because it is more accessible because of it's price (mid-range)! the famous line of IOPE is the super vital moist line.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hey, thanks for the recommendation calorblind! Can you tell me about how much it costs, and if you know, what the PPD and SFP are? Also, is there a site where I can find the ingredients? (

the spf is 45+, PA +++ ! it's about 35,000 wons on Gmarket or you can get the samples first before buying a full size! i dont think so because the ingredient lists of whoo are usually in korean!
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all!

I am new to this forum and have been struggling with melasma after my dauther's birth for 6 years. I had tried lots of treatments including laser ng yag and obagi, lumixyl , vivite vibrance therapy . Has anyone had success with these products for their melasma.Can someone please recommend good susncreen for my melasma please. Currently i am using sofina sunscreen i this this has physical filter but i don't this this is protecting my skin very well. I have seen new pigmentation on my forehead and nose since using this every single day rain or shine. Do you this burnout has better protection than sofina or same . I am really sorry for all this questions i am really depressed for skin condition i had spent thousands of dollars without getting good results. Please let me if you think the history of whoo can help with melasma. Thank you all very much!
Very Happy Very Happy
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Aww hazelwood160, hang in there! I can totally empathize-- it's so frustrating when your efforts result in so little to show for things!

All I can say is that my spots are finally getting lighter. I really do believe that the History of Whoo: Seol line is *very* effective in treating hyperpigmentation. Right now, they are lighter than when I used Obagi (I used it for about a year) and I have not gotten any irritation like I did with Obagi. The lightest spots are gone. I was using the entire line, but now I am using the generous samples of another Korean skincare line called OHUI: The First, with the Whoo:Seol Whitening Kit on my spots.

Switching to an all-physcial sunscreen like Burnout might help too. Apparently chemical sunscreens can aggravate hyperpigmentation through irritation & the release of free radicals when exposed to the sun. Myself, I am using a combination of Devita, Burnout, Elta, & mineral foundation w/ SPF.

Finally, I would recommend switching to a low-sugar diet, or at least transitioning to one. I noticed that my pigmentation seemed less "resistant" when I eased up on the sugar. (I put stevia in my tea now.)

Right now I am experimenting with the supplements N-Acetyl Carnitine & Alpha lipoic acid & Vitamin C. Apparently these are supposed to help with skin lightening. I have not noticed anything really, but it's supposed to take a little time (about 3 months) for them to work. I am just hoping they will make my hyperpigmentation less resistant. I started using these *after* I started seeing results from History of Whoo, so I think that Whoo is effective on its own.

Good luck! I'm planning on continuing to use the Whoo: Seol line once my OHUI: The First samples run out, so I'll keep everyone updated on whether my spots completely vanish! *Keeping fingers crossed!*

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Most korean sunscreens are physical sunscreens! you can try the more famous korean sunscreens like the OHUI ones or the HERA ones.

also, sunscreen powders are very popular in Korea too right now. (esp the OHUI one)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello JLM....do you order your products from the History of Whoo online? If so could you please send a link? Right now I'm using some products from Sulwhasoo and I must say that I am liking them very much. They also have a whitening line that I'm tempted to try, but I did read that the whitening products from History of Whoo are much better than Sulwhasoo.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi leeleedeedee,

I've ordered from this Ebay shop:

http://stores.ebay.com/smile-spoon?_trksid=p4340.l2563

However, shipping seems to take forever-- I put in my last order April 26th and still have not received it. I've read on the joseibi.com blog that kgoodshop on Ebay is also very good.

http://stores.ebay.com/kgoodshop?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I might try them next time I order.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the information and the links. I will try them.
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Aww hazelwood160, hang in there! I can totally empathize-- it's so frustrating when your efforts result in so little to show for things!

All I can say is that my spots are finally getting lighter. I really do believe that the History of Whoo: Seol line is *very* effective in treating hyperpigmentation. Right now, they are lighter than when I used Obagi (I used it for about a year) and I have not gotten any irritation like I did with Obagi. The lightest spots are gone. I was using the entire line, but now I am using the generous samples of another Korean skincare line called OHUI: The First, with the Whoo:Seol Whitening Kit on my spots.

Switching to an all-physcial sunscreen like Burnout might help too. Apparently chemical sunscreens can aggravate hyperpigmentation through irritation & the release of free radicals when exposed to the sun. Myself, I am using a combination of Devita, Burnout, Elta, & mineral foundation w/ SPF.

Finally, I would recommend switching to a low-sugar diet, or at least transitioning to one. I noticed that my pigmentation seemed less "resistant" when I eased up on the sugar. (I put stevia in my tea now.)

Right now I am experimenting with the supplements N-Acetyl Carnitine & Alpha lipoic acid & Vitamin C. Apparently these are supposed to help with skin lightening. I have not noticed anything really, but it's supposed to take a little time (about 3 months) for them to work. I am just hoping they will make my hyperpigmentation less resistant. I started using these *after* I started seeing results from History of Whoo, so I think that Whoo is effective on its own.

Good luck! I'm planning on continuing to use the Whoo: Seol line once my OHUI: The First samples run out, so I'll keep everyone updated on whether my spots completely vanish! *Keeping fingers crossed!*

Hi JLM!

Thank you so very much for the information. I order my seol line kit . Can i ask you one question if i can use zo skin health te pads which i currently using for my acne with whoo products. If yes what order should l use these products. Do you any good acne products? I will report back when i start using these products i am planning to use burnout sunscreen with these products . Should i use these products morning and night . thank you
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Most korean sunscreens are physical sunscreens! you can try the more famous korean sunscreens like the OHUI ones or the HERA ones.

also, sunscreen powders are very popular in Korea too right now. (esp the OHUI one)

Hi Calorblind!

Thank you for the recommendation.In past i used japnese sunscreen called sofina i think it physical sunscreen. Even though i was wearing sunscreen everyday. But i still got hyper pigmentation.I was wondering if you happen to know the ingredients for hera sunscreen i am interested in spf 50 one it is waterproof. I really liked the feeling of sofina sunscreen on my skin but not the protection.Currently i am using burnout sunscreen i like the protection but not the feeling on my skin. Do you know where can i order online that can ship to canada vancouver? Have you tried hera or sofina sunscreen? thank you
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 am      Reply with quote
haha im actually using the HERA one now!! I love it. and i top it off with the Sum37 Sun baked essence powder spf 50 PA +++ which is really good !!
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 8:22 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
haha im actually using the HERA one now!! I love it. and i top it off with the Sum37 Sun baked essence powder spf 50 PA +++ which is really good !!

Do you have list of ingredients for hera sunscreen. I am looking for high zinc sunscreen.thank you
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update that I've contacted my Ebay seller of History of Whoo products (smile-spoon) about the delay in getting my products, and that everything was handled in a very professional, efficient manner.

Hazelwood160, if you want to continue using your acne products, perhaps you should wait a little bit before putting on the Whoo products? Perhaps 20 minutes or so?

I only use the Whoo products at night. However, I think I will try using the Whitening Kit in the morning as well and see whether that speeds up the lightening process.

One gadget I found very effective for acne was the professional high frequency device sold by Palacia. It is the same "bug zapper" device that is used on your face when you get a European style facial. If you want to read more about them here's the link:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38630

Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
JLM or Calorblind,

Can you list the whitening products in the History of Whoo line? Thanks.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Elvisshops,

The name of the particular History of Whoo line is called Seol. Here's a link that explains all of the products in this line & some comments from reviewers below as well.

http://www.joseibi.com/product-line-review-the-history-of-whoo-gongjinhyang-seol-with-before-after-pictures/

hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone had acne problem since using these products ? I mean do these products contain pore clogging ingredients.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Thank you so much for the information and the links. I will try them.

you can purchase them from becleo.com with a 10% discount with the code HOPE
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM or Calorblind,

Can you list the whitening products in the History of Whoo line? Thanks.

http://www.whoo.co.kr/global/english/etc/sitemap.html#

The entire line has been upgraded last month btw !

Brightening Water ---> Whitening Toner (2011)
Whitening Skin Balancer
Whitening Essence
Whitening Intensive
Whitening Lotion
Whitening Cream
Whitening Jinaek Program
Brightening Cleansing Foam
Brightening Peel off Pack
Brightening Base
Brightening Pact

Not to mention the addition of new products

Whitening Sun Cream SPF 50
Whitening BB Cream
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
Did anyone had acne problem since using these products ? I mean do these products contain pore clogging ingredients.

nope!! infact, no acne at all when i used this line
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

nope!! infact, no acne at all when i used this line

Thank you!

Do you any chance ingredients of hera sunscreen 50+ or ouhi powder sunscreen. You recommended that on other post.
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Are you still using this line and getting result?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
nope sorry i dont have the ingredients!

i have achieved my target so im stopping for the time being to try out other lines! currently using the Sum37 Waterfull line and i love it too!!! Cool Cool
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information, JLM and Calorblind. Do you recall what you paid for the 4-week kit and how long it took you to see some results?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |