Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
History Of Whoo - best for whitening/pigmentation/freckles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Elvishshops, I paid about USD$50 for 100x 1ml samples on eBay. I noticed a difference surprisingly soon. I want to say about 2 weeks?

My spots are still fading, I think at a slower rate than before. Will they go away completely? God, it will be a miracle if they did! I used Obagi for a year and while my spots got lighter, they never went away completely & returned to their "medium" shade after a while. I am *so* hopeful about this line.

I have also switched to an all-physical sunscreen (both Devita & BurnOut) so that might be helping some, although I've not yet tested them out while being in the sun for an extended amount of time.

Hazelwood160, I believe that the whiteneing Seol line is meant to be used for all skin types. I've read on the blogs that some even find it not moisturizing enough. (I think that using the entire line is just right for my dryish skin!) I have not gotten any acne myself, but that is probably because I was on doxycycline (now I'm off of it, so we'll see what happens!)

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information, colorblind, I appreciate it very much.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
Did anyone had acne problem since using these products ? I mean do these products contain pore clogging ingredients.

nope!! infact, no acne at all when i used this line

Thank you!

Do you any chance ingredients of hera sunscreen 50+ or ouhi powder sunscreen. You recommended that on other post.

ahhh, i found it, just got published today

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/introducing-hera-sun-mate-line/

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/introducing-ohui-sun-science/
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
Did anyone had acne problem since using these products ? I mean do these products contain pore clogging ingredients.

nope!! infact, no acne at all when i used this line

Thank you!

Do you any chance ingredients of hera sunscreen 50+ or ouhi powder sunscreen. You recommended that on other post.

ahhh, i found it, just got published today

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/introducing-hera-sun-mate-line/

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/introducing-ohui-sun-science/

Thank you so much for posting this. I am curretuly using burnout sunscreen and thinking to use eithter hera or ohui for my melasma. What you think which one has good protection.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. Smile
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 4:57 am      Reply with quote
i think they all have pretty high protection., just comes down to which one will be more suitable for u, what you are looking for , and your budget, and the packaging of course
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I got my package today for how products. I am so excited i will report back how i like these products. I am realy hoping this will work for my melasm and to even out my skin tone and won't cause my breakout.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
so fast?? haha waht did u get?
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

Hi!

I got from edenskincareva . It was preety fast delivery. I got foaming cleanser, essesnce, balancer, lotion, and cream . and 20ml intense was free with purchase. I want to order zinaek too ( i think that what it called for i month) as well. I will how these products work first. fragrance is pretty strong though.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
calorblind wrote:

Hi!

I got from edenskincareva . It was preety fast delivery. I got foaming cleanser, essesnce, balancer, lotion, and cream . and 20ml intense was free with purchase. I want to order zinaek too ( i think that what it called for i month) as well. I will how these products work first. fragrance is pretty strong though.

Ooh, did you get the "Whitening Kit"? I feel that the Whitening Kit is the most important one! The Whitening Kit, despite its name, is not really a "kit" but a lotion/ serum that you put on after the balancer, I think. Maybe it's the same thing as the "intense"?

The names of these products is very confusing!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
calorblind wrote:

Hi!

Ooh, did you get the "Whitening Kit"? I feel that the Whitening Kit is the most important one! The Whitening Kit, despite its name, is not really a "kit" but a lotion/ serum that you put on after the balancer, I think. Maybe it's the same thing as the "intense"?

The names of these products is very confusing!

Hi!

yes i got the kit with essence i think its a serum and a lotion. I did get intese too. But i did not get jineak kit (i think thats what you only need to 4 wks ) .
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Aryanna wrote:
calorblind wrote:
try the whoo whitening sunscreen!! its ace

Hey Colorblind,

As you mentioned, you've tried everything of The History of Whoo. Can you tell me if Ja Saeng Essence for anti-aging any good? I'm using the whitening intensive program now and wanted to add something anti-aging to my regimen.

Thanks in advance Smile

i think the Ja Saeng is a 1 month program and a multi purpose serum ( wrinkles, acne, etc). How is the whitening intensive program so far? I think the whitening line also has anti-aging ingredients in it! are u using the entire line?

Hey sorry to get back to your question after so long..been busy. After using the whitening intensive program for a month now, I can say it hasn't done much to my skin. I see that my skin is evened out a bit but not any major changes. well, this might be due to harmonal changes as just a week ago i found out that I'm expecting my second baby Very Happy . I know your whole body goes through so many changes during pregnancy it's hard to say what might be the reason. My pregnancy is not same as others I guess..even for my first kid I went through major pigmentation phase. So, Whatever new routine i'll start it would do any good for my skin for 9months Sad . I'll still keep using the history of whoo line until my tubs are finished..hope it'll atleast ward off any bad pigmentation.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 3:13 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

Hi!

yes i got the kit with essence i think its a serum and a lotion. I did get intese too. But i did not get jineak kit (i think thats what you only need to 4 wks ) .

Mmm, I think my "Whitening Kit" is the "Jineak Kit, 4 weeks program" (although I've been using it for longer than 4 weeks!) This is the product I think is powerful enough to work all by itself & produces the most obvious whitening. But I wonder what the "Intense" is-- I have not tried that yet. Let us know if these are worth trying!

Aryanna, congratulations on your pregnancy! I also had a hard time with hyperpigmentation during my pregnancies/ nursing, so if you can just keep everything from getting darker, I think that's great!

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Aryanna wrote:
calorblind wrote:
Aryanna wrote:
calorblind wrote:
try the whoo whitening sunscreen!! its ace

Hey Colorblind,

As you mentioned, you've tried everything of The History of Whoo. Can you tell me if Ja Saeng Essence for anti-aging any good? I'm using the whitening intensive program now and wanted to add something anti-aging to my regimen.

Thanks in advance Smile

i think the Ja Saeng is a 1 month program and a multi purpose serum ( wrinkles, acne, etc). How is the whitening intensive program so far? I think the whitening line also has anti-aging ingredients in it! are u using the entire line?

Hey sorry to get back to your question after so long..been busy. After using the whitening intensive program for a month now, I can say it hasn't done much to my skin. I see that my skin is evened out a bit but not any major changes. well, this might be due to harmonal changes as just a week ago i found out that I'm expecting my second baby Very Happy . I know your whole body goes through so many changes during pregnancy it's hard to say what might be the reason. My pregnancy is not same as others I guess..even for my first kid I went through major pigmentation phase. So, Whatever new routine i'll start it would do any good for my skin for 9months Sad . I'll still keep using the history of whoo line until my tubs are finished..hope it'll atleast ward off any bad pigmentation.

are you only using the Whitening Jinaeak program? Or the entire line with the lotion/emulsion/cream/serum?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Hi!

Mmm, I think my "Whitening Kit" is the "Jineak Kit, 4 weeks program" (although I've been using it for longer than 4 weeks!) This is the product I think is powerful enough to work all by itself & produces the most obvious whitening. But I wonder what the "Intense" is-- I have not tried that yet. Let us know if these are worth trying!

Aryanna, congratulations on your pregnancy! I also had a hard time with hyperpigmentation during my pregnancies/ nursing, so if you can just keep everything from getting darker, I think that's great!

the Jineak program is a 4 week program.

the Intensive is a whitening balm, you just apply it on your spots where u want it lighten and follow up with the cream!
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I used all the products last night and today morning . I mean cleanser, balancer, essence, intensive balm, and lotion. My skin feel oily . I am afraid these products gonna break me out. I used burnout sunscreen on the top of these products today morning and everything is feeling heavy on my skin. Is this normal ? Are these products are too heavy for oily skin? Should i switch my sunscreen but i am afraid of not having proper protection from other sunscreen . Burnout sunscreen i find that gives me best protection for my melasma. Any suggestions should i skip any of the products?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Hey Hazelwood,

You know your skin best, so if you feel that these products are going to make your skin break out, then perhaps you could just use the cleanser all over your face, and put the active products on the problem areas? I've been using my H of W products just once a day (to make them last longer), at night time, and for my dry skin, I feel that I actually don't get *enough* moisture. So, I put an extra cream on top.

Which BurnOut formula are you using? The Clean & Clear is supposed to be best for oilier skins.

I'm having really good success with the Whitening Jineak 4 weeks program Kit, which I've been using for longer than 4 weeks. I feel that the rest of the program supports the whitening process & gives an overall brightening, but the Whitening Jineak Kit has made the most difference for me.

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 8:07 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
I used all the products last night and today morning . I mean cleanser, balancer, essence, intensive balm, and lotion. My skin feel oily . I am afraid these products gonna break me out. I used burnout sunscreen on the top of these products today morning and everything is feeling heavy on my skin. Is this normal ? Are these products are too heavy for oily skin? Should i switch my sunscreen but i am afraid of not having proper protection from other sunscreen . Burnout sunscreen i find that gives me best protection for my melasma. Any suggestions should i skip any of the products?

ive heard many complains of it being not hydrating enough, but rarely being too oily!

If you feel that it's too heavy, just use the lotion and balancer, and the intensive on ONLY your spots. then follow with sunscreen
shelly80

Mon May 23, 2011 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
c
Can history of whoo be used to lighten the over all complexion? My face is 2-3 shades darker than my body. I have oily skin and have no blemishes or spots on my face. I have got medium complexion and live in tropical weather. Which products or kit in this line should i use to lighten my complexion?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shelly80,

Although I think the entire Whoo: Seol line is good, from my experience, I think that the Whitening Jineak Kit 4 weeks program is the product that is the most effective & the fastest at lightening. Again, despite it's name, this is not a kit per se, but a serum/lotion product, and I have been using it for much longer than 4 weeks. I bought the full-sized equivalent amounts of samples from a seller on eBay.

Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hi Shelly80,

Although I think the entire Whoo: Seol line is good, from my experience, I think that the Whitening Jineak Kit 4 weeks program is the product that is the most effective & the fastest at lightening. Again, despite it's name, this is not a kit per se, but a serum/lotion product, and I have been using it for much longer than 4 weeks. I bought the full-sized equivalent amounts of samples from a seller on eBay.

Do you recall the seller from which you bought the kit? TIA
shelly80

Mon May 23, 2011 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hi Shelly80,

Hi JLM,
Thank you for your reply. I will try the kit Smile. Could you guide me with its instructions , which one has to be applied first? Also, have you ever tried their peal-off whitening mask?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM wrote:
Hi Shelly80,

Do you recall the seller from which you bought the kit? TIA

I bought the Whitening Jineak Kit samples from smile-spoon on Ebay. I purchased 100 x 1ml sample pouches for about $50. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get to the US from Korea.

I read on the joseibi blog that kgoodsshop is trustworthy as well.

Good luck & keep us posted!

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 am      Reply with quote
shelly80 wrote:
JLM wrote:
Hi Shelly80,

Hi JLM,
Thank you for your reply. I will try the kit Smile. Could you guide me with its instructions , which one has to be applied first? Also, have you ever tried their peal-off whitening mask?

Hey Shelly80,

I hope I'm being clear here: the Whitening Jineak Kit is simply a lotion/serum that you put on your hyperpigmentation. I feel that it is quite effective on its own. However, if you get the entire H of W: Seol line, then I believe that the order would go something like this:

- Cleanser
- Toner
- Balancer
- Essence
- Jineak Kit
- Lotion
- Cream

I did try the peel-off mask. The first time I did not understand that you have to put on the Balancer *before* you apply the mask-- otherwise, it won't peel off.

I've tried it 3 times, and while I thought it was a nice mask & saw overall brightening, I did not really notice much of a reduction of my hyperpigmentation spots at all. Joseibi, on her blog, said that the peel off mask had an immediate effect on her freckles, however. Hmm, maybe I'll try putting it just on my spots next time & see what happens.

kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used these products on other areas besides the face? I've used Obagi Nuderm for the past two years with great success, but the products are way too intense for my chest -- which has very serious sun damage.

I'm thinking that the Whitening Jineak Kit might be worth a try!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |