Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
History Of Whoo - best for whitening/pigmentation/freckles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi peeps,

ive been using this brand called History of Whoo for some time and it's been wonderful !!!!

my blemish spots (post acne scars) are disappearing and my mum's pigmentation has lightened and she has tried obagi, glycolic acid but it never worked. It's incredible :

for those of you who are not familiar with the brand , a few links to get familiar with the brand

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/category/history-of-whoo-2/

http://www.joseibi.com/?p=2540

http://sulwhasoo-sulwhasoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-of-whoo-seol-whitening-line.html

anyone has had the same success with this brand?? ive been jumping from brand to brand over the past few years ( u can see my previous posts ) but after discovering history of whoo and sulwhasoo, i am going to stick to these two babies and i dont need anything else, not even my derma roller and baby quasar anymore!!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
oh and i forgot to add their official site :

http://www.whoo.co.kr/global/english/etc/sitemap.html
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind, which whoo products did you use? is it their whitening line?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi liv

i've used almost everything.

Their basic line, whitening line, premium whitening line, anti aging line, almost all !!

im a Whoo freak now.

But the one im referring too is the whitening lines that helps fade sun spots, blemishes, etc
busybeth
5% products discount

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference between the whitening line and the premium whitening line??
tanmish
5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Calorblind,

Do you use any other brands products mixed into your skincare routine? Or you're using whoo and sulwhasoo exclusively?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
the premium whitening line is for those with dry skin, however i felt that it was more of a radiance line because it made my skin really glow!

the whitening line is for oily/combi/normal skin and it has more whitening products like the Whitening Kit and Balm which the premium whitening line doesn't have.

I am exclusively using only sulwhasoo and whoo products!!

look at these photos :

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/sulwhasoo-herblinic-restorative-ampoules-review/
busybeth
5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Which products do you think would be best to help with pigmentation issues. I have tried many things without much help and would like to try some samples? I have some relatively resistant deep pigmentation issues on my cheekbones but otherwise dry skin with some mild aging changes. Thanks.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
hi calorblind, I too am interested in which products specially for hyperpigmentation would you recommend. I too have used obagi and glycolic acids with not too much success, so am always looking for something better.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

you can purchase samples on Ebay.. but they are expensive.. The samples are much cheaper on Gmarket

BeCleo carries the full size products. http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2010/12/22/cleobe-com-discount-code-especially-for-hope-in-a-blogs-readers/ -10% with discount code HOPE.

If not you can get cheaper samples on Gmarket.

- http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/how-to-search-for-sulwhasoo-or-history-of-whoo-items-on-gmarket/

-http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/where-to-purchase-history-of-whoo-sulwhasoo-samples-at-the-best-price/

if u want to visit their physical shop, i know Sulwhasoo has one at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City.

FOr history of whoo, i have no idea

For more information on the whitening range, read the comments section at

http://www.joseibi.com/?p=2313#comments

http://www.joseibi.com/?p=1359#comments

there are lots of users who have left their reviews and what they think of the products
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Which product in the line is the real workhorse? With Obagi, for example, Clear and Blender do all the work. The other products are just support players.
tanmish
5% products discount

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I'll like to know which is the workhorse too as the buying the whole range is a little out of my budget since I'm taking 12 month maternity leave. We're down to one income for the next 10 months.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:56 am      Reply with quote
i think it would probably be the 4weeks whitening program.

get the samples. its about -90% cheaper than the original products. for example on gmarket 1ml x 100 = 100ml for about 20usd... the real product itself is 10ml x 4 =40 ml for about 200+ usd..
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you calorblind for bringing this line to our attention!

I've been using the Seol whitening line for the past 3 weeks and have definitely noticed that my skintone has gotten lighter already. I'm usually about NC35-37 in MAC, probably now around NC30. My aim was to get rid of this hyperpigmentation/ freckles on my cheeks & acne scarring on my chin. Right now it seems that everything is getting lighter at the same rate, so the hyperpigmentation is still visible, though lighter. Perhaps I should just concentrate on the spots? Anyway, I'm very impressed so far by the results that I've gotten in such a short time. I'll update later on.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 am      Reply with quote
you're welcome! Very Happy you can use the whoo whitening intensive which you apply only on the spots!
lady_slow
5% products discount

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Both brands come from Korea and we all know how crazy Korean girls are in whitening themselves Razz

I do believe they must have something in their whitening lines~~

FYI, for those who live in areas close to big Korean supermarket, such as ASSI or H MART, you can get free samples from Suwhasoo store in it.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:02 am      Reply with quote
BTW, is there anyway to buy things off Gmart if you can't read Korean? I bought my Whoo samples off of eBay, for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price, given the retail cost of a full sized Whoo product. But of course, I'd like to get them for even cheaper! Very Happy

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
haha yes, you'll have to read hope in a blog's gmarket tutorials for that!
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates? Anyone else now using this line?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 am      Reply with quote
An update: Strangely enough, my skintone seems to have reverted a bit, perhaps now to NC33 or so? I also spent a few hours in the afternoon sun recently, though I wore my Devita sunscreen. It used to be that after I used the Whoo products, my face looked *so* pale compared to my body; now everything looks more evenly matched (whew!). I wonder why that is? It doesn't seem like there's anything in these products that would give my skin that geisha look, like some sunscreens for example.

My hyperpigmentation spots do seem like they are getting lighter, although I really want to see whether they will go away completely before I get too optimistic. They've gotten to a similar level of fading before with Obagi. My overall skintone on my face is definitely brighter, and the texture is softer. Even if this is the lightest my spots get, I think I will continue using this line. My skin is in definitely the best shape its been in a while! Thanks calorblind!

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 am      Reply with quote
welcome!!! are u using the entire line?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi calorblind,

Yes, I'm using the entire line right now (samples in the amount of full sized products from Ebay, so the price doesn't hurt as much as it normally would!) However, I started off just using the Whitening Kit-- I think that you're right when you said that this was the "workhorse" of the regimen. I noticed results just by using this for 2 weeks. However, my skin texture & evenness of my skin tone is *so* much nicer now that I am using the entire line. I especially like the Balancer, because I feel that it adds back some moisture after cleansing. I've never really used a "Balancer" type product before-- I'd say that it's a little different than a regular toner, no? It's a great, great line, totally worth it, IMO, for something that *works*!

Other lightening products that I've used, with varying degrees of success were Obagi (effective but harsh), Sisley PhytoBlanc (expensive & no results), Shiseido White Lucent (less expensive that Sisley, but still pricy & no results), and Lemon Peel Bioferment (some effect, but not much.)

My hyperpigmentation is definitely getting lighter. But again, I am not sure if it will go away completely. I'll keep on going, and we'll see!

(I really hope that the Devita sunscreen will protect my hyperpigmentation! My skin is also especially sensitive to the sun right now because I'm on doxycycline.)

calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
try the whoo whitening sunscreen!! its ace
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
try the whoo whitening sunscreen!! its ace

Hey Colorblind,

As you mentioned, you've tried everything of The History of Whoo. Can you tell me if Ja Saeng Essence for anti-aging any good? I'm using the whitening intensive program now and wanted to add something anti-aging to my regimen.

Thanks in advance Smile
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Another quick question..have to tried anything of IOPE line? I went to Amore Cosmetic store the other day..and the first thing the Sales Representative asked me to try is IOPE. I read this brand earned a lot of awards last yr!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |