Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
skincare regime
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jeana

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum (but I’ve been reading the posts here for quite some time). I’m turning 30 this year and I’m thinking its time to embark on a serious skincare regime. I’ve gained so much valuable information reading the posts on this forum but the problem is that there is sooooo much information I don’t know where to start.

I don’t have much of a skincare regime at the moment, basically I cleanse morning and night with dr bronner soap, then moisturise with burts bees radiance day cream in the morning and olay regenerist serum in the evening. My main concern is dry dull skin and the little lines that are starting to form around my eye area. I’ve also noticed that I’m getting crows feet when I smile ahhhh Shock

I was hoping you guys could shed some light on the types of products I should be using and what kind of skincare regime I need to start? Thanks everyone
priusgal
5% products discount

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi - I'm new to this forum too but spend a lot of time on the QVC Beauty forum. I think that you should definitely start incorporating Retin A into your regimen. I would also introduce an exfoliating cleanser into your regimen for use 1x a day. I don't know how much you want to spend but hear good things about Paula's Choice products, they are not very expensive and a lot of people have good results. If you wanted to look into those products, you could go to their website and chat with a consultant. I'm 57, and started using Retin A a year ago and am having great results - wish I would have started earlier and I don't think you are too young. I myself am using Nicholas Perricone products which are rather pricey and use his products on my off nights from Retin A. I hope I was able to help a little bit, hopefully someone else will chime in with more information.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Retin A at night, and sunscreen in the morning. Those 2 products will make the most difference in your skin in the long run. Start on the lowest % of Retin A and start with just a few nights a week. Use your Olay product on your other nights. Again, use a good quality sunscreen every day.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I joined here when I was about 30 also and through this forum, I knew I did okay in my 20's.
My acne got worse in my 30's and I needed extra help. I started using retinA and that helped a lot. To balance the dryness & oiliness it created, I've been using Sonya Dakar omega oil as a moisturizer.
As the years went by, I moved up to Cellcosmet eye cream and still use it to this day. Also, Vivier Pharma high potency vitamin C in 20%. That made a huge difference also. Finding a high coverage of sunscreen or sunblock is very, very important.
Botox is not such a bad idea to prevent future lines.
Clarisonic brush help your other skin care products work better and you will find that you apply less of it because of the Clarisonic.
jeana

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys your input is very much appreciated!! Priusgal I’ve heard of Paula’s choice I read some really good reviews and did consider purchasing a while back, I might take another look.

Thanks Rileygirl and Skincare I will definitely look into getting a good sunscreen and start using Retin A. Sorry for all the questions but where do I buy retin A? Do I have to go to a dermatologist or can I buy it over the counter?

Skincare I read the reviews on this site about Cellcosmetic and thought about purchasing the trial kit, do you think I can start using it now? I’ve also thought about botox but I’m scared that my face will become expressionless and I’ll get that ‘surprised’ look Shock I’m an actress so I need to be able to move my face lol

Thanks again for your help everyone, this is a great site. Hopefully I will start getting a skincare routine happening soon and I'll be sure to update everyone on my progress Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Your welcome! Very Happy
As for RetinA, I got it through prescription. My acne was so bad that my skin was bruised, so that prescription helped.

Cellcosmet trial kit would work. You will find that those very tiny, tiny jars will last up to one week, unless your skin is very dry.

I sure hope you take vitamin C serum! I noticed a huge difference!

I would suggest you start very slow with every new product and start with one at a time. My dermatologist told me that it takes three months with any new skin care product to start noticing the positive affects. If after three months you find no positive affect, then it is not working for you or you have to change your prescription if you got prescribed skin care. Please don't forget that.

If you decide to get Clarisonic, please remember to use a gentle cleanser that does not have any waxy or alcohol ingredients, because then you will think that Clarisonic is doing your skin harm.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |