Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Suggestions on my skin care, please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody. I am new here, however have been reading a lot of your posts. Got so much useful info, thanks!
I am 32, have combination skin, dehydrated now, sleep deprived due to a wonderful addition to a family Smile I started having rosacea-like areas on my cheeks and nothing seems to help with it. I bought Avene Ystheal (sp?), also ordered and waiting for Skinceuticals w Fel C, and RevaleSkin Day (SPF 15) and Night creams. Also started having wrinkles under my eyes and crow's feet, will Avene Ystheal for eyes help? Which cleanser should i use? Anything else I should do?
Thanks a lot.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
One more question, please. I was just reading some reviews, and it says due to high mineral oil content this emulsion can cause blackheads. Did anyone experienced this? Also, is SPF 15 high enough?
Thanks a lot.
havana8

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, feya. wave For the rosacea-like symptoms that you mention, you may find this thread discussing RevaleSkin and other products helpful:

Redness & Flushing: CoffeeBerry, Green Tea, Caffeine ??
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40456

I'm sure others will pop in with suggestions. Smile
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply, Havana8. I ordered RevaleSkin after reading that topic Very Happy
Avene seems to be clogging my pores, so will have to return it. Will try Nia24 for eyes and Topix Replenix 3x Retinol. Do you think its a good concentration to start off with? Also, day cream is spf 15, is it enough protection?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
From the Revale line I have only tried the cleanser and find it nice!
It does not foam a lot and does not seem to dry out skin.

It was given to me (gift w purchase a while ago).
So, not too sure I'd pay $45 for it as it is as good as my other cleansers.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper, thanks for your answer. I did not order a cleanser though, it kind of slipped my mind Embarassed
which cleanser would you recommend?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
To answer your question about SPF 15 being enough, it might be enough for this time of year, as long as you apply it liberally enough (1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon for face alone), the UV index in your area peaks at like 2 or 3 (aol and msn weather have UVIs), and it has good UVA protection (I don't have the ingredient list, so I can't tell).

You can boost UV protection other ways, like hats or parasols, Helioplex or Sunpill supplements, SPF powders containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, and of course staying inside or in deep shade in midday.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Rockhuggar, thank you for your reply! I hope i can put that much without breaking out. My skin seems to have a mind on its own Confused
Do you suggest i wait before adding retinol for night or wait and see how my skin reacts to RevaleSkin and vit C+Ferullic?

What is your cleanser suggestion?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome! With my sensitive skin, I'm careful to space out new products and give my skin time to recover if it reacts badly to something. I maybe try one new skin care item per month, because breakouts are a problem for me too. It sounds like you've already got your plate full, and I would pick the single most important issue you want to solve with your skin, and decide which product you'll try for that issue.

I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Gentle Dermo Cleanser, and a bit of Avene Cleanance to get the tough sunscreens off. What cleansers and other products have you used in the past, and with what results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I use Valmont Dermo line on rosacea-like areas (cheeks) and find it very soothing. Also, since I stopped using Vit C and AHAs, my cheeks do not flush anymore!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had had a Clarisonic when I was your age. I too had combo/oily skin, now drier, and love a soap called Rhassoul.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/cleanse-tone/rhassoul-cleansing-bar.html

Good sunscreen is essential, especially in the summer. I did not start doing TCA peels till recently & so recommend a one or two per year. Special products isn't as much of what it's about imo; you really want good, solid reliable products you can use the rest of your life that will product results. The Avene Ysthehal is a good start; I use the Retrinal and really love it.
SecretB5StopsAcne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I suggest some natural skin caring methods that really work.
Applying honey for 5-10 min. on the face before washing off with warm water, keeps the skin supple & fresh looking. Mix half a spoon of sugar in your regular face wash while washing your face. This would work as a best scrub and you can keep black heads and other dead cells. Mix a spoon of sugar and curd in equal proportions and apply on face by massaging in circular motions, clean with warm water after 5mins, it helps 2 glow your skin. These methods will not only save your money but will create a new level of health and wellness for your whole body!
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! I will try that. Any suggestions for stubborn adult acne?
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Any suggestions for stubborn adult acne?

I use Tazorac it's a retinoid that's used for psoriasis but also acne. My GYN told me about it years ago, she uses it. And my derm told me that out of all the things I'm using (Clindamycin gel, Klaron lotion, Tazorac) that it's the best one and that I should use religiously.

It works and also in place of Retin-A.

I'm 60! Acne? SERIOUSLY????? when will it stop? at age 70???? UGH!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Thanks a lot! I will try that. Any suggestions for stubborn adult acne?

Anything but Accutane which is a chemotherapy drug. I took it twice as a teen, got adult acne in my late 20s, have been on the birth control pill since I was 33.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the advises. Right now I am using Revale Skin Day Spf15, night cream, Avene cleanser for oily, blemish prone skin.And
La-Roche Posay SA for acne.
And what can I say...It is not working!!! My skin feel dry, dehydrated, and pimples are multiplying...
What do I do now?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |