Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

help for my sensitive spotty chin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi
I am 44 and am prone to the odd spot on my chin, also it is very sensitive to some products and i sometimes get breakouts. My chin when it has no spots looks rough and slightly pumpy. the rest of my face is good and soft. what can Iput on my chin to clear it up once and for all. I have orderd the anti-aging light stim and do facial exercises so I am on a mission for a nice face.

helen

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
helen, is your skin able to tolerate a product with AHA or BHA? That or a retinol-based product might be options for addressing the roughness concern. I'm sure others with have suggestions also. Good luck with your efforts. Smile
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have a troublesome chin area, too--in fact the area between my mouth and chin is the most sensitive part of my face. I've found that less is more for that area, but it's just an improvement and not a complete solution. I can't tolerate tretinoin in that area, and all I put on it is a gentle cleanser, Olay Regenerist serum fragrance free, and sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
hi
I am 44 and am prone to the odd spot on my chin, also it is very sensitive to some products and i sometimes get breakouts. My chin when it has no spots looks rough and slightly pumpy. the rest of my face is good and soft. what can Iput on my chin to clear it up once and for all. I have orderd the anti-aging light stim and do facial exercises so I am on a mission for a nice face.

helen

Hi Helen,

Alpha-H make a product that I use of a night for refining of the skin and it helps to unclog pores and keep your skin clear. It called Alpha-H Liquid Gold which contains AHA's, Fruit Acids and Soothing Botanicals to help refine and exfoliate the skin to stop any congestion. They also make a gentler version for sensitive skin, however it preforms the same function. It's Alpha-H Liquid Harmony. I use this like a toner as it's a liquid and apply 3 nights a week alternating with my other products on the nights I don't use this. It's alcohol free and doesn't contain nasties that can sometimes make one's skin worse.

Md Formulations also make a product that a friend uses, as she had breakouts on her chin and jaw after she gave birth to her daughter. It's Md Formulations Continuous Renewals Serum and is designed for people who have sensitive skin while still having breakouts and can't use anything too harsh. It contains Glycolic Compound that works with your skins own pH levels to refine skin while still be gentle without irritation.

Helen if your skin can't tolerate normal Retinol or AHA's or BHA's like havana8 has suggested,
Clarins make some products that contain natural ingredients such as Wintergreen, which helps with dead skin, Pre-Retinol, which works the same as normal Retinol without the over drying that some people can experience, and Water lily Extract, that is rich in Vitamin C and helps to soothe, moisturise and protect the skin.

Smile
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes look into AHA neostrata has a very good line,you can start off with their smoothing cream level 1 contains 4% glycolic acid, sells for just under $40."Suggested retail price: $37.00"

"Evens out complexion, while moisturizing
Removes build-up of dead cells on the surface of the skin
Reveals radiant, younger-looking skin in just 10 days"

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |