Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Retin A/Retinol Under the Eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Who uses Retin A/retinol under the eyes? I just started with Replenix 3x (basically Green Cream 3) about 3 weeks ago over my entire face/ and under my eyes. I have noticed a little more creepiness under the eyes along with inflammation. Should I try to push through it or stop?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin A under my eyes and have noticed an improvement and have for over a year. But, I do have some days when I'm more crepey under the eyes than other days. I say give it a few months and see if things get better.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I started using tretinoin in November. After I figured out that the rest of my face wasn't bothered by it, I started using it all around my eyes. Everywhere but my eyelids.

I'm not sure whether my eyes are the type to get crepey so I haven't experienced that, but personally, I'd stop immediately if there was ANY sign of irritation or inflamation. Skin around the eyes needs to be treated gently. I've learned that the hard way. At least water it down with an eyecream or something.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
havana8

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Adding to the comments above, this thread also has some helpful posts in particular from keli13 on using retin A for the undereye area: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=504375
priusgal
5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 am      Reply with quote
When I first started using Retin A I was afraid to apply to the undereye area but after reading posts that it was okay to do so I started using it under my eyes. At first I experienced some dryness and crepiness but I moisturize very well after applying Retin A. I'm very much into using oils for moisturization and I'm liking the results. Retin A has made a huge difference in the fine lines under my eyes. My undereye area is pretty smooth now after a year of use. Love Retin A. Maybe you could apply some Argan oil over the retin a to help with the dryness.
jodym

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new, hello everyone.
I started using Afirm 3X about a month ago. I used it for 5 days with very little change, just some tightness and tenderness. Then, all of a sudden the peeling began, serious flaking and peeling. So I stopped for about a week to get the peeling under control, (perhaps I should have continued??) then started up again every other day for about a week and a half without much change then, again, all of a sudden serious peeling and flaking. I stopped again and have been flaking and peeling for almost a week; should I keep going with the Afirm or stop for a while like I did before? How long does this peeling and flaking last? It's kind of a bummer to have to go to work looking like something out of Zombies. Please advise!! Thanks!
jodym

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and I forgot, I'm not using it around my eyes but I look at least 20 years older with the creepiness under my eyes and the few wrinkles under my eyes deeply exaggerated with serious flaking on my eyelids! What's up with that?? Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jodym. Maybe you can try using it once a week for a few weeks, then up it to twice a week, etc. Build up slowly. I would not stop due to the flaking unless you are extremely irritated. Your skin will never get used to it if you keep stopping and starting. Just start slow and build up the usage. Use a good moisturizer on top of it until you are adjusted.
havana8

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
jodym, just wanted to add that if this is your first time with a retinol product, you may want to consider starting back at Afirm 1X or 2X until your skin acclimates, and then try moving up to Afirm 3X. Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |