Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Review: Dermalogica toner, serum and cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bluenights

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo, thin and redness skin, prone to milia and bumps whenever i put on something thick and rich.

But at a age 28, i do like some anioxidant and wrinkle defense products, however, these products are tend to be rich and thick, so i have not found an ideal product that suits for the needs, but for basic moisturize and balance needs, dermalogica do work on me. and i think it also helps to calm and even my skin as i do not have breakouts and bumps after using the skin smoothing cream.

the multi-active toner is my fav toner right now, i like the spray way of use, and the lavender extract really calms my skin. my skin tend to be smoother and hydrated after using it, and i think the lavender also works a lot on oli control too, my nose area is perfect after hours later

i am also using skin hydrating booster, it is very light compares to other serums. feels like applying nothing but releif the dryness,other than the toner and cream, the booster runs fast:(

So generally I really like the dermalogica lines, it is rare for me to find something that does not cause bumps and breakouts. i hate my skin for that

i notice the juice beauty blemish clearing serum has very good reviews here, i want to try it because i have tons acne scars and blemish left over,but i am hesitate because my personal experience with organic brands are not so nice, the ingredients all seem attractive but I have tried avalon organics and juice organics serum such as Q10 and brightening serum, they all feels tight and dry on my skin, and not hydrated enought, after several times of use I throw these serums away.

so i am have same doubts on the juice beauty serum too, but according to other customers, it apperas to be working.

Here i list some creams that cause huge bumps or milia on my skin(basically any rich or thick ones):
1.Frankincense Nourishing Cream by Neal's Yard Remedies(huge bumps, hurts!)
2.Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion by Clinique(small bumps, does not hurt)
3.Lancome pink toner(yes, even this toner gives me pimples!)
4.estee lauder time zone cream
5.kose JUNKISUI lotion

i dont have bumps wearing clinique Moisture Surge because it is gel like, but it drys too quickly, 15 minutes late my skin feels dry.

luckly i found dermalogica now.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
My friend also said that this Dermalogica Multi-active toner is great. But unluckily, I think it is not suitble for sensitive skin. I tried it before and some red spot cames out on my cheeks........ Crying or Very sad
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi bluenights,

I am also in love with Dermalogica and use quite a few of there products. I particularly love the Age Smart Multivitamin Thermafoliant and the Active Moist. I find the Thermafoliant keeps my skin soft and smooth while exfoliating it without the harsh beads you sometimes find in exfoliants. It is a smooth exfoliant but does pack a punch at keeping my skin flake free.

I did notice you said your prone to breakouts and blemishes with certain products that are thick and rich. Have you considered using either the Dermalogica Clean Start Range,which is designed for people with acne prone, combination or oily skin that is prone to breakouts and blemishes. And the Dermalogica Medibac Range, which is designed for skins that are a little older than teens that still are prone to breakouts and blemishes.

I actually use the Clearing Mattifier from the Medibac Range to keep my skin soft, smooth and matte all day. I have an oily T-Zone and find this really helps to eliminate that oily shine. I apply this after my daily moisturiser and wait a few minutes for it to absorb, then apply my makeup. It does also make a great makeup base due to the fact that it keeps your skin matte but not dry, without causing breakouts.

There is another product from the Dermalogica Range that may also be ideal for your skin. It's the Active Moist that is an oily free moisturiser that also hydrates without adding any extra oil to your skin and causing breakouts and also contains the lavender extract which is also soothing on the skin.
Perhaps you could try out some samples of the Juice Beauty bluenights to see if it's right for you before committing to the full sizes and wasting money.

Katy Dermalogica also make an Ultra Calming Mist that is ideal for sensitive skin and may be right for you. I love to use this over the summer months to keep my skin hydrated without causing extra oil or shine. It's also great to spritz over makeup to keep it looking fresh all day. It does contain calming ingredients like aloe and plant extracts to soothe inflamed skin.
I love to use it also to give me a pick-me-up when my skin is feeling a little dry.
Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Divine Diva wrote:
Hi bluenights,

I am also in love with Dermalogica and use quite a few of there products. I particularly love the Age Smart Multivitamin Thermafoliant and the Active Moist. I find the Thermafoliant keeps my skin soft and smooth while exfoliating it without the harsh beads you sometimes find in exfoliants. It is a smooth exfoliant but does pack a punch at keeping my skin flake free.

I did notice you said your prone to breakouts and blemishes with certain products that are thick and rich. Have you considered using either the Dermalogica Clean Start Range,which is designed for people with acne prone, combination or oily skin that is prone to breakouts and blemishes. And the Dermalogica Medibac Range, which is designed for skins that are a little older than teens that still are prone to breakouts and blemishes.

I actually use the Clearing Mattifier from the Medibac Range to keep my skin soft, smooth and matte all day. I have an oily T-Zone and find this really helps to eliminate that oily shine. I apply this after my daily moisturiser and wait a few minutes for it to absorb, then apply my makeup. It does also make a great makeup base due to the fact that it keeps your skin matte but not dry, without causing breakouts.

There is another product from the Dermalogica Range that may also be ideal for your skin. It's the Active Moist that is an oily free moisturiser that also hydrates without adding any extra oil to your skin and causing breakouts and also contains the lavender extract which is also soothing on the skin.
Perhaps you could try out some samples of the Juice Beauty bluenights to see if it's right for you before committing to the full sizes and wasting money.

Katy Dermalogica also make an Ultra Calming Mist that is ideal for sensitive skin and may be right for you. I love to use this over the summer months to keep my skin hydrated without causing extra oil or shine. It's also great to spritz over makeup to keep it looking fresh all day. It does contain calming ingredients like aloe and plant extracts to soothe inflamed skin.
I love to use it also to give me a pick-me-up when my skin is feeling a little dry.
Smile

Thanks Divine Diva:)

I usually use Avene Thermal water mist in the summer. It's perfect for sensitive! THanks for your recommendation, I may try Ultra Calming Mist in the coming summer:)
bluenights

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Divine Diva wrote:
Hi bluenights,

Smile

Thanks so much I do plan to use active moist in summer!I'm also using dermalogica's face brush, i have to say, wow, it is so soft and comfortable. I have a thin skin and redness on my cheek, I never use peel mask or exfoliant products.But the face brush is great on my 4head and chin and nose area. I'm not using them on my cheek even it's so soft.the face brush makes the washing step a lot more fun:)
bluenights

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Divine Diva:
Do you find the clean smart series gentle? I have pimples now and then, but I don't think i have acne.If I don't use rich creams then I don't actually have much pimple problems.I think what i need is not a acne treatment product but more like a product that doesn't cause that problem and on some level prevent from forming into pimples.
But the saddest thing is I have scar skin, which means every single zit I had,left a red-brown residue.That's why I'm considering the juice beauty blemish serum, cause reviews say it take away the mark.
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bluenights,

I don't suffer from acne or many breakouts, however I do use the Dermalogica Clean Start Welcome Matte spf15 and find this to be an amazing and gentle product on the skin. This combined with the Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier which I use a couple of times a week, and my skin stays clear and shine free for most of the day.
I have any Oily T-Zone and solely use the Clearing Mattifier on this to stop any pesky breakouts I sometimes can have at certain times of the month.

The Welcome Matte spf15 is a much loved product that I would never be without and find that over the summer it keeps my face hydrated but not oily, while also offering sun protection as well. It is super gentle and doesn't clog my pores or cause me to have any unnecessary breakouts that can sometimes occur when the weather is hot and muggy and your face tends to sweat and produce more oil.

Seeing that you don't use rich products and you only tend to get blemishes if you do, which unfortunately cause scarring and marks which can be quite bothersome and also in some circumstances hard to fade and remove.
My suggestion would be a brightening mask once a week which you could then up to twice a week for a more intensive treatment. I love face masks and love what they do for my skin if it's feeling congested or a little lackluster as sometimes our skin can be if we have been a little busy or sometimes in my case strapped for time,however as I have gotten older I make time for this every week to keep my skin in check and help with my oily T-Zone.

One mask which I think would be ideal for you would be the EmerginC Vitamin+Retinol Mask. I use this Once a week and my skin looks amazing after I have applied this. It removes dead skin cells which can dull our complexions and also brightens and evens out skin tone which could be beneficial to help fade you past marks and help alleviate new ones from forming if you have a blemish. I'm also thinking a serum that you can use daily to help brighten your skin and help alleviate and correct your current brown marks and pigmentation.

I use the MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Illuminating Serum, as I used to suffer from Eczema quite bad on my face and neck and after I had a bout and a really bad one, I would then be left with reddish marks that would then turn brown and look like pigmentation or raised scars which was quite unsightly and made me really self conscious, so I asked my Dermatologist who suggested this to me and my skin now looks amazing and the marks have all but gone. I will say they won't go over night, however with will and determination and a great regime to target specific areas, they started to fade and I could see results within a month and now I still continue to use this serum, as it keeps my face bright and helps with the clarity.

You can buy both from EDS and I must say I will be getting mine from here now, as it's so much cheaper than I pay at home. Don't lose heart, as over time and being very diligent with your regime you will see results and start feeling better about your skin. These products worked for me, however maybe you should try some samples to see what works best for you and what your most comfortable with.
I can't give you any feedback on the Juice Beauty, as I have never used it so perhaps if this is what your considering try out some samples and see if this is right for you. I have never tried out the Dermalogica Face Brush, however I have read some great reviews on it for keeping your pores clear and helping with exfoliation etc. I do think it sounds wonderful for the T-Zone and I'm sure it would clean better than just a cleanser and your hands. If you do try the Active Moist you won't be disappointed as it's a wonderful product. I hope this helps bluenights and you get the skin your wanting with time. Wink

Katy I have never tried out any of the Avene products, however I have read some great reviews on this brand. I love, love the Ultracalming Mist and just find myself spraying my face because I also love the smell and uplifting feeling from the ingredients. If you do try it I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Wink
CaryBear
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Ever since I have found Dermalogica (touch wood) I have had no serious skin issues...maybe some dryness when I over-use Daily Microfoliant. The multi-active toner is expensive but it is beautiful stuff. I don't like the multi-active moisturizer however, I find it causes millia.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katy,

I notice lots of people using multi active toner, and thought i'll try it too. Unfortunately it made my face end up with red spots.

I currently changed to the Hydramist to combat my dehydration, and my skin absolutely loves it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |