Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
*Review* Bare Minerals Original spf15 Foundation In Fair*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Flawless skin is just a swirl,tap and buff away when you try Bare Minerals Mineral Make-up. Well that was what all the hype was offering from this all in one foundation,concealer and sunscreen. It was claiming that this feather light blend of natural minerals, minimizes lines,wrinkles and imperfections,while maintaining radiant skin.

I must say I was a little hesitant when I first started using a mineral make-up and found I couldn't for the life of me apply it correctly and achieve that flawless,radiant skin I was looking for. That was until a friend sent me "The guide to applying Bare Minerals" and as they say the rest is history. It turns out that less is more with mineral make-up and it would seem I was applying far too much to achieve the no make-up look.

At an early age,we learn that nothing is without it's faults,and Bare Minerals is no exception,with the only one being for me was how messy it is to use. Most of the mess could probably be avoided if the containers were wider,allowing you to fit the full size of the flawless application face brush into them,however with all of the benefits I have seen since using this make-up that was only a minor inconvenience which was quickly rectified by using a wider lid from another powder pot.

It offers great coverage and as they say less is more,however you can build up gradually until you achieve the look your after. I find to cover imperfections your best to spot conceal them first before applying the Bare Minerals over the top,this way you get a flawless,seamlessly natural coverage,without looking like you have a mask on. It also allows your skin to 'Breathe' and give you a flawless natural finish,while covering up anything you would rather not put on show.

It lasted about 7 hours before I had to give my face a little touch up on my T-Zone to eliminate the little bit of shine that had started to come through,however it wasn't overly noticeable and you could quite easily wear this for a full day of work without the need to touch up.
If I had to give it a mark out of 10 I would have to give it a 9 solely because of the impractical container,however that was the only down side for me and maybe the company could take this into consideration if they ever revamp this makeup.

All in all a wonderful product with exceptional staying power that gives you that natural 'I just stepped out of a salon look'
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed review:)

I am interested in Bare Mineral's product too!!

Where can I find this "Bare Minerals Original spf15 Foundation"? I can't find it in EDS...
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katy,

Thanks. I do like to write detailed reviews to give people a good overall review of the product and how it has worked for me.

I did try and send you a message, however it wouldn't work for some reason or another?? On the EDS website 'Bare Minerals' is called 'Bare Escentuals' I'm not sure why on some sites it is called 'Bare minerals' and on others 'Bare Escentuals'?? I do believe Bare Escentuals is the brand name and perhaps this is why it's under that on EDS.

It is a wonderful product and I also have a few of the other products in the range, which I will review as well in the next few weeks.
I love mineral makeup and products, and when I'm not using this makeup I do like to use liquid mineral foundation, as it doesn't cause my skin to break out or make it oily due to my oily T-Zone. It also comes in a matte which is new and I am busting to try this out soon to see how this compares to the original. Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Divine Diva wrote:
Hi Katy,

Thanks. I do like to write detailed reviews to give people a good overall review of the product and how it has worked for me.

I did try and send you a message, however it wouldn't work for some reason or another?? On the EDS website 'Bare Minerals' is called 'Bare Escentuals' I'm not sure why on some sites it is called 'Bare minerals' and on others 'Bare Escentuals'?? I do believe Bare Escentuals is the brand name and perhaps this is why it's under that on EDS.

It is a wonderful product and I also have a few of the other products in the range, which I will review as well in the next few weeks.
I love mineral makeup and products, and when I'm not using this makeup I do like to use liquid mineral foundation, as it doesn't cause my skin to break out or make it oily due to my oily T-Zone. It also comes in a matte which is new and I am busting to try this out soon to see how this compares to the original. Smile

Thanks Divine Diva! I have received your PM. Thanks!!

I have shifted to mineral makeup recently cos they seem better to our skin. I use Laura Mercier's mineral makeup, they are good but expensive. So I am looking for other good brands now.

Looking forward to your review on mineral makeup later:)
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have a couple of the Laura Mercier Eyeshadow Pallets and absolutely love them, however I have to agree they are kinda pricey but oh so pretty.
I have yet to try out any of there foundations as yet, however I do see that there brand is one of the few that I have seen to actually offer quite a few colours.
I have fair skin and do find it increasingly difficult sometimes to get something that matches my skin tone without looking too white or orange!!

Katy I did notice that EDC doesn't sell the Bare Escentuals for online purchase unfortunately. It would have been nice to be able to try out some of the other products that we don't have here in Australia, and if we do eventually get them it's sometimes months and months after the US unfortunately. I must say that I have been finding my skin is so soft and smooth after switching to Mineral Makeup and do also love the Liquid Mineral Makeup if I'm wanting more of a night time look. I also find that my T-Zone doesn't seem to be as oily when I use Minerals on it.

I can't wait to do some more reviews, as I love to rave about products that I have had great success with. Smile
MarineBrat

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Sad I use this companies eye and lip products but it seems that their foundation makes my skin itch. So disappointed as I wanted to try a good mineral foundation.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
MarineBrat you might be reacting to the Bismuth Oxychloride in their foundation, there is a newer matte version without, I haven't tried personally as I am not sensitive to it. Smile

Devine Diva,

Try my trick to use up your minerals if you want a liquid, just mix the MMU with your moisturizer and apply, you can adjust the coverage to suit your needs! Smile Another option since the bismuth doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you may like the Pur Minerals they are pressed making it easier not to have a mess and travel well for touch up. EDS also carries the brand!

2 links one Bismuth free MMU and the other Best MMU threads here.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=516819&highlight=bismuth+free+mineral+make#516819

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36955&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bismuth+free+mineral+make&start=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
MarineBrat wrote:
Sad I use this companies eye and lip products but it seems that their foundation makes my skin itch. So disappointed as I wanted to try a good mineral foundation.

MarineBrat, I agree with DarkMoon about the Bismuth in the product most likely causing your skin to itch, as it just doesn't agree with some people for some reason or another. I guess the old saying that not everything is for everyone is true, however there are a few that don't contain Bismuth that would most likely be better for your skin.

I see that DarkMoon has given you some links so I won't need to add any. Also you can buy sample sizes or request some from companies that you may want to try before investing in a full size in-case it's not right for your skin. I hope you find something that works for you. Smile
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
MarineBrat you might be reacting to the Bismuth Oxychloride in their foundation, there is a newer matte version without, I haven't tried personally as I am not sensitive to it. Smile

Devine Diva,

Try my trick to use up your minerals if you want a liquid, just mix the MMU with your moisturizer and apply, you can adjust the coverage to suit your needs! Smile Another option since the bismuth doesn't seem to be an issue for you, you may like the Pur Minerals they are pressed making it easier not to have a mess and travel well for touch up. EDS also carries the brand!

2 links one Bismuth free MMU and the other Best MMU threads here.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=516819&highlight=bismuth+free+mineral+make#516819

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36955&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bismuth+free+mineral+make&start=0

Sorry for my late reply DarkMoon I have been baby sitting for the last few days and haven't had a chance to get on the computer.

Thanks for the Suggestions, as I do have some other mineral Makeup that I do like, however it doesn't seem to apply flawlessly for some reason?? I think I will try your suggestion about mixing it with my moisturiser to use it up that way and see how it goes, as I hate wasting products.

I love the fact they now have Mineral Makeup in compacts and will definitely be getting one for my handbag, as I find it far too messy taking my little tub with me and trying to apply it when out and about for touch-ups without making the sink area in the bathroom super messy and then having to clean it up. lol Very Happy
I have seen the Pur Minerals on the shopping network but have never tried it out, now that I know they stock it here I will have to give it a whirl. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Divine Diva,

I manage with the "powdered" just fine at home, maybe 15-16 years of using helps? LOL I just mix things up sometimes and blend it with my moisturizer and that works like a charm. Smile

The Pur Minerals has a great deal on a starter kit that also has one of my favorite brushes they make in it! I own one for taking with me (smaller) and bought each daughter a kit!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/p-r-minerals-p-r-perfecti-p_11756.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Hello Divine Diva,

I manage with the "powdered" just fine at home, maybe 15-16 years of using helps? LOL I just mix things up sometimes and blend it with my moisturizer and that works like a charm. Smile

The Pur Minerals has a great deal on a starter kit that also has one of my favorite brushes they make in it! I own one for taking with me (smaller) and bought each daughter a kit!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/p-r-minerals-p-r-perfecti-p_11756.htm

Hi DarkMoon,

The Bare Escentuals does work great for me after getting it down to a fine art now, however some other brands I have tried just didn't seem to cut it for me, so rather than waste them I will try them out with my moisturiser like you have suggested.
I have tried Liquid Mineral Make-up and while it was nice I did find the only way for me to get it looking flawless was to apply it with either a damp sponge or foundation brush. When I tried applying it with my fingers it tended to be a little streaky and didn't look natural at all.

I will definitely go and check out those starter packs and perhaps with my next order I will get one. If I have any other concerns I will definitely be coming to you with all your worldly experience. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Divine Diva,

I totally agree on the liquid mineral brands I have tried, they just don't apply well for me. That's when I tried mixing my powder with a moisturizer that suits my skin.

The BE doesn't irritate my skin and I used it for a good while, then happened upon Aromaleigh and fell in love, they just recently went out of business. Sad

I really like the Pur Minerals pressed powders and used them to take along, then they introduced the trial kit I linked to and they
are great to save space in your purse as well as travel packing! Smile

It's always a pleasure to meet another cosmetic junkie! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Divine Diva,

I totally agree on the liquid mineral brands I have tried, they just don't apply well for me. That's when I tried mixing my powder with a moisturizer that suits my skin.

The BE doesn't irritate my skin and I used it for a good while, then happened upon Aromaleigh and fell in love, they just recently went out of business. Sad

I really like the Pur Minerals pressed powders and used them to take along, then they introduced the trial kit I linked to and they
are great to save space in your purse as well as travel packing! Smile

It's always a pleasure to meet another cosmetic junkie! Bad Grin

I will definitely be ordering one of the kits, as there sooooooooo cheap here unlike Australia where we pay almost three times as much which is why I have never purchased them before. But now that I found EDS I'm in heaven and a little scared because sometimes while I don't really need the products as such, I just want them and being cheaper means I can buy more!! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Bad Grin

I also found the liquid Mineral Make-up a little ho hum in the stakes of great flawless coverage, however I have tried out your suggestion a few times and just love the finish it gives me. Great tip by the way.

I'm glad your a Cosmetic Junkie also, as I'm sure were not alone and my husband just can't understand why I need all the products that I have, however I don't smoke, drink or do drugs so I need to have my own little vice and skin care, cosmetics and make-up it shall be. Bad Grin Wink

Oh yes I forgot about Aromaleigh, very sad as I did towards the end purchase some eyeshadows and also fell in love only to discover she was calling it quits. Sad Did you happen to read her farewell letter on her site? I did and was very sad and almost cried as some people can be very cruel and nasty. I do hope she comes up with something else or even sells to a company/store that we can then buy from. Like I need it!! Very Happy
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Baremineral foundation in Sephora, the makeup assistant put it on for me; however I found it is very cakey. I am not sure it is about the application or is the foundation problem.

I am now trying the Eminence Sun protection powder #1 it is very good !!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |