Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Is it equally beneficial using RA every other day? ro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:58 am      Reply with quote
as to using it every day? It seems like I read this some where. It would make the product last longer only using it every other day.

But if it is still best (and gets the most anti-aging benefits) to use every night (once your skin adjusts and tolerates it, of course), then I will continue to do so. Perhaps the skin can kind of store it for a day or two...just curious...thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:30 am      Reply with quote
The usual direction is to use it every day for one year (if your skin can tolerate it). After 12 months, apply three times a week.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin A only every couple of nights as my skin cannot tolerate every day use. I've seen significant results with this regimen.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
So long as you don't have more than 2 nights off in a row, it is effective. It will just take a little longer to see results.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
So long as you don't have more than 2 nights off in a row, it is effective. It will just take a little longer to see results.

What about when just starting Josh, mine should be here in the next few weeks and I planned on starting (for a little while) at 3X per week and gradually add a night as skin adjusts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
It's better to start out like that DM.

The best strategy is to start out applying it every third night. Do that for a couple of weeks, then increase to every other night. Do that for another couple of weeks then bump up to nightly use. If at any time you experience too much irritation (a small amount is to be expected) you can remain at the previous frequency for a little longer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
It's better to start out like that DM.

The best strategy is to start out applying it every third night. Do that for a couple of weeks, then increase to every other night. Do that for another couple of weeks then bump up to nightly use. If at any time you experience too much irritation (a small amount is to be expected) you can remain at the previous frequency for a little longer.

Thanks for the response Josh, I have planned on taking a slow and steady approach. My skin is not at all sensitive or reactive, but I don't want to test that by going overboard and regretting it! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
The most effective way is to use it as often as your skin tolerates it. It is all about getting the most retinoic acid in your skin without overdoing it. Start out slow until your skin gets accustomed to it. I could use .05 retin a from the first day i tried it almost every day when I couldn't even use green cream level 3 more than once a week. You have to listen to your skin and experiment to find out what works best for you. Everyone's skin is different. What works for one person may not work for you. Greg
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
grhawk wrote:
The most effective way is to use it as often as your skin tolerates it. It is all about getting the most retinoic acid in your skin without overdoing it. Start out slow until your skin gets accustomed to it. I could use .05 retin a from the first day i tried it almost every day when I couldn't even use green cream level 3 more than once a week. You have to listen to your skin and experiment to find out what works best for you. Everyone's skin is different. What works for one person may not work for you. Greg

I agree. My daughters and I all tolerated 0.05% used everyday from the start. However, when I moved up to 0.1% I found it very drying and had to back off. Just listen to your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I hope no one minds if I sneak in here and ask whether anyone knows whether I should apply my 4% hydroquinone before or after my .025 trentinoin at night? And how long should I wait before applying the other? I'm just going to try dotting the hydroquinone onto the scars left from a bruise, and to a couple of (sun or zit) hyperpigmentation spots.

And Dark Moon, I wishing you well with yours! I'm going on 2 months & my skin looks brighter & smoother, and I'm getting just a little flaking around my chin which isn't too troublesome. I'm loving it!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I hope no one minds if I sneak in here and ask whether anyone knows whether I should apply my 4% hydroquinone before or after my .025 trentinoin at night? And how long should I wait before applying the other? I'm just going to try dotting the hydroquinone onto the scars left from a bruise, and to a couple of (sun or zit) hyperpigmentation spots.

I actually would mix them together and apply that way.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |