Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skincare routine for enlarged pores on nose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
vnewskin
5% products discount

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am 35. I have very large pores on my nose. They seem to have popped up very recently, (or maybe I have only just really started to notice them). I have to confess that until now I have never really bothered much with an sort of skincare routine. Just splashed water, (sometime soap), on face and moisturized with olay. (I know, silly me!). Now I am desperate to find a routine that will help diminish the size of the pores on my nose. I have combination skin. quite an oily t-zone. No real problems with spots though.

I have read a lot of very useful info on this site recently. I have just made and started using ACV toner, and OCM. I have ordered L-asorbic acid online and when it arrives I will also make the diy DR Hauscher cleanser,(with almonds,etc) along with the vit c serum. I would just love some advice before I add these things to my routine. Any tips or personal experience would be so welcome please.

So, right now I am using ocm with 50% castor oil 25% EVOO and 25% grapeseend oil. I also added 1% of salicylic acid to this and some drops of essential oils, (lemongrass, cedarwook and orange). My ACV toner is about 30% acv, to 70% green tea. I also added peppermint, lemongrass and lavendar oils.

When I finish these two steps my face feels wonderful. My pores are so clean and appear much smaller...BUT, When I put on my moisturizer the pores look really big again. In fact I have been doing this for about 4 days now and I think that overall the pores are more noiticable than they were before I started looking after my skin! Also I have added some of the essential oils to my night and day olay moisturizers and some salicylic acid to my night one but my t-zone is still very oily....maybe more so than before! Can anyone give me some adivce?

One last question, I would like to try retinol creaam 0.5%. Do you think this is too much though , along with the vit c serum etc? Do you think it might help?

Thanks so much for any help and sorry about all the questions!
Serena1018

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
vnewskin,

I used to use EVOO and Castor oil but found it was just too heavy for my skin. It may be too heavy for your skin causing the t-zone to produce more oil. This is just my opinion from personal experiences.

I do use a Retinol serum which has helped me.

Serena
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can't speak for the rest of your routine, but I can say that retin a totally helped my pores. They are smaller and don't get clogged as much.
vnewskin
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys. thanks for your replies. Just a quick question. When you use retin a or retinol cream do you use really high sun block? I often work outdoors and don't want to damage my skin. Could I use a vitiamin c serum along side the retinol?
Thanks
tanyasusie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin A at night, and Vitamin C serum in the morning. I weary heavy sunblock when I am going to garden or something like that, otherwise I just like an SPF 15. I work inside though and don't spend time outside since I have Lupus and the sun is really bad for it.
vnewskin
5% products discount

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:37 am      Reply with quote
ok, thanks for that advice Tanyausi.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 am      Reply with quote
For myself, I found Clarisonic brush helped a lot with the pores. With vitamin C, if you put too much on, you can get blackheads.
If you don't see improvement, another thing that helped was getting mircrodermabrasion. You may go through a purging process, but after that, the pores look a lot better.
vnewskin
5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:00 am      Reply with quote
This purging process? I am not breaking out,and my skin feels lovely and clear and soft but my pores seem to be much more noticable now that I am doing OCM morning and evening and taking better care of my skin in general. Is that also purging?
I am also about to start using a diy vit c serum and also skinceuticals 0.5% retinol at night. (starting slow and building up torlerance). Any idea how long roughly before I might see any improvement in my massive pores?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
whilst you are waiting for those large pores to go down(if they ever do)There are 2 great products that will totally minimize the appearance of pores on your face.Clinic's pore minimizer I use on my noseand sides on my nose and upper lip.It really does help to hide pores and takes the shine out of your face. Then there is this amazing product called the supernatural by philosophy, poreless flawless tinted spf.You dot that on the rest of your face and blend, it makes your face look amazing.It only comes in one color, has sunscreen in it and it just hides pores and makes your face look great, but you wont look like you have foundation on.Its amazing I use it all the time, I am in my 50's and I strive for the minimal makeup look since I feel over 50 you really have to wear very little makeup or you will look old!Both products you can try at Nordstroms before buying.They are a "must have" in my opinion
vnewskin
5% products discount

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucyluc
I just bought a concealer and some new make up, so I will see how they go first.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I use LacSal which is lactic acid and salicylic acid and I agree with others who say that you notice the pores more when they are just empty holes. Makes me think I should let them fill up again and pave them over with foundation. Confused
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
if you have larger pores I will suggest you to use Egg pore tightening pack from Tony moly, it's very effective in minimizing the pores around the nose area, and I'm using it! you could even feel the tightness when using it!

if you prefer more natural product, I would suggest you to use Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask from Innisfree, this is the best clay mask I've ever used! it's GMO / Mineral Oil / Chemical / Alcohol / Triclosan / Benzophenone & Paraben Free!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you SoftSkin! They seem much more prominent now, and I actually use primer to smooth/hide them.

How long was it before those of you saw changes to your pores as a result of retin A?

And is it fair to assume that with regular use of a pore-tightening mask (such as eggwhites or clay) that pores can be "trained" to stay tight and after some time you may not need to keep using such treatments?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |