Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Olay Pro-X Cleansing System?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I read that this is actually a good cleansing system. I wonder how it compares to clarisonic. It's only $30. Has anyone tried it? Does it work well to cleanse your face?
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same thing. I will post this in diy forum.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
This seems to have good reviews. Nobody here has tried this?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
i don't have the system but I took a look at Makeupalley for reviews.

Overall rating on MUA is 4.7 out of 5.0. Based on 34 reviews.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=138969/Professional-Pro-X-Advanced-Cleansing-System/Olay/Misc-Beauty-Tools

I am not sure if this is available in Canada; but I think I will take a look.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this about a week ago, and I love it. I have not used clarisonic, but for 30$, you can't go wrong, here. Olay's products have been given very good reviews by dermatologists, etc. I noticed a difference immediately. My skin felt smooth and very clean. I'm hoping it will help with my retin A flaking and peeling, and ultimately help with fading the brown spots from hyperpigmentation. I'll report after I have used it more.
avidita
5% products discount

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Clarisonic Pro for sensitive skin about a year ago and I have literally used it a total of less than 30 times, because it is too irritating for my skin and I am pretty sure it makes me break out from all the friction.

Why did I decide to use the ProX one after the bad experience with the Clarisonic? Because I am a sucker for gadgets Smile

So, I absolutely adore the ProX Cleansing system for the following reasons (and I will be comparing to the Clarisonic):

1. the bristles are much sofer thatn the Clarisonic and don't irritate my skin or break me out

2. It is much cheaper (obviously) and can be used with the DDF replacement heads if anyone wants to do a microdermabrasion

3. It is battery operated, therefore i can take it with me when I go to Europe and not worry about an electricity transformer

4. I is smaller than the Clarisonic both in the brush head size and in overall size, which I like, because I can get my nose area (which I was not able to do with the Clarisonic) and it doesn't feel like a small dumbbell.

Hope that helps.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Those are basically some of the same reasons I bought the Mia over the full-size Clarisonic. For the money personally, I just don't think it is justified.
I bought this as a gift for my SIL and she loves it. I wish it had been around when I bought the Mia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
@avidita, there are different brushes that have a more gentle quality to them... have you tried those?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone comment on how soft the Olay Pro-X brush is compared to the sensitive or delicate Clarisonic brushes?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was very excited to try this product after reading all about the clarisonic. Here is my post after ONE use. I will try to post again after more uses later.

I like the feel of the brush, very soft. I was surprised that the brush rotated counter clockwise (for some reason this struck me).

The Olay ProX Did NOT clean all the whiteheads blackheads off chin and nose, not nearly close. But I was not expecting it to after one use . . . and my chin is covered. I am excited to see what will happen aftrer many uses, if this area becomes clearer. This is why I purchased this unit btw.

Easy to assemble and easy to use. I like not having to scrub my face with exfoliant since my hands are oily too. However when I purchased this I noticed the full size exfoliant cleanser was nearly $50!! That is a lot.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
Can anyone comment on how soft the Olay Pro-X brush is compared to the sensitive or delicate Clarisonic brushes?

I recently purchased this after having tried the Clarisonic for about 2 months. I've been using the ProX for about 2 weeks now.

I feel that it's a lot softer than the Clarisonic brushes. However, the way that this product works is by spinning, rather than oscillating like the Clarisonic. Meaning it spins in only one direction. People may find this more irritating than the Clarisonic in this regard.

In terms of cleaning, I feel like I get the same benefits from the Clarisonic, but I can't be entirely sure since I was also trying a number of other products during this time. Regardless, you should definitely try it out considering how cheap it is in comparison. You can use this when you're traveling since it's not too much of a loss compared to the 'sonic. Hope this helps!
Lebosi

Sun May 08, 2011 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this system for the past 6 weeks and love it. I haven't used the Clarisonic though so can't compare the two systems. I do know my skin has never been better.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
After using this product for two weeks now, here is an update:

*I cannot use it every day, and definitely not twice per day. It is too irritating for my skin, but I am sensitive. I also think the Olay exfoliating cleanser contributes to this. I am going to try with non-exfoliating cleanser and see if I am less sensitive to the cleansing unit.
*I have daily multiple little pimples coming to the surface, this effect is lessening now but still happening.
*it really gives a nice massage on the face. I have even used it under my eyes with no ill effect and the wrinkles DO seem less apparent. I am also using it on my neck and chest.
*I like it !! two thumbs up !
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2011 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, you have to work your way up to using it twice a day. I started off with using it every other day at the lowest speed and now I'm at twice a day after a month of using it.
Lebosi

Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I only use it once a day and alternate the Olay exfoliating cleanser with a more gentle one. I do like the effects on my skin, feels very clean and firmer. I also use it on my neck & chest, especially before using copper peptides. My decollete has improved significantly.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Mine came in the mail today! Very Happy I purchased this online after getting tired of using a Colgate children's electric toothbrush that while did do the job was also a lengthy process. I went into purchasing a specialized facial brush wanting to find a device that spins instead of vibrating (this process just makes more sense to me) also covering a larger amount of skin per second. Price was also a deciding factor but not so much the unit as the replacement brush heads. I have also heard the DDF brush heads fit the Olay model.

Price is important when it comes to a beauty tool like this. If you work out the price for the Clarasonic cleansing brush including all would be replacement heads over the span of five years it works out to a huge amount of money spent on what is essentially a brush and it would most likely break a couple of times adding even more money on to the total spend. Think the total price of a proper non-invasive procedure at the clinic.

I haven't used it yet and wont post about any results until later. Which will give me more time to decipher if this method of cleansing with the Olay brush has it's benefits. I will also be cleansing with my regular cleanser so any benefits will be clearer.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Might also add that you dont want to use this around the eyes as the spinning motion tends to push the cleanser around (I nearly got some in the eyes).

Also after first use the skin looks glowey and is rather smooth, dont know how long that will last, which is why I'll wait to post a proper review.

Off to use my Light Stim Very Happy

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
missfritz2u

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking I might need to try this. My question is this....would I use my normal cleanser or should I use the Olay ones? Also, would it be worth it to get DDF heads or does the regular brush exfoliate enough? So that's two questions, sorry! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I used a sample only. I can only tell you it is not make me allergy. Can't see the result.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 am      Reply with quote
missfritz2u wrote:
I'm thinking I might need to try this. My question is this....would I use my normal cleanser or should I use the Olay ones? Also, would it be worth it to get DDF heads or does the regular brush exfoliate enough? So that's two questions, sorry! Smile

Olay would of course recommend you use only there cleanser but you would get better results using a cleanser your skin already likes. Different products work differently for everyone. I'm using a Juice Organics cleanser with natural AHA's and massage it in for about one minute and a half.

I think it would be worth purchasing the DDF brush heads but only do so when you know that the regular Olay brush heads dont give you good enough exfoliation.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Update. I'm loving this device it takes off all traces of makeup, is relaxing, easy to use, and makes my skin super soft Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |