Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Please help .. serious pimples !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Smile

I know you guys are all professionals here, and probably u had this experience before.. Crying or Very sad so please help me Y__Y.
I am now having lots of pimples on my t-zone and some on my cheeks too!! but before i never have them!! I have noticed that it started after i started using the depo-provera and now it just getting worst and worst.. what should i do?? It's my first time using this method, before i just take the birth control. Do u think it's because of that?? or I am just worry too much since i've heard many bad things about it.
I'm now 22 with combination skin ... please suggust what i should do? Sad . I'm so worry and really wanna make them disappear from my face! Any masks? cream?? or serum that would help???
Thanks all Crying or Very sad
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Christine,

I have known several woman taking Depro-Provera and while I didn't notice their skin break out, I can tell you that:

1. Depro-Provera is a huge does of progesterone which does not have the same skin/anti acne propertities as estrogen, which is highest in birth control pills.

2. FYI!!!! All the women I have know that have used this depro have gained a substancial amount of weight, like 25lbs or more.

I take the birth control pill for my skin as the number one reason. Oil production & acne are related to hormones and the pill works to keep my in check, and stop any breakouts.

I'm not telling you what to do but I would consider staying with the pill.

In the meantime, wash your face with a deep cleansers like Dermalogica or MD Formula or DDF. And make sure all make up products are oil free.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions about the DP.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes , thanks for the quick reply!!

Weight gain is the worst thing i ever wanted! Crying or Very sad I didnt really know that DP is that bad, i mean it's not bad, but i did some research on the web and found out that it isn't that good coz there are just too many side effects... i'm also thinking about quitting it ( hope it's not too late, i'll just try 1 time in my life and never again Sad )

One question, which deep cleansers (Dermalogica or MD Formula or DDF) would u recommend?

Thank you so much
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like the idea of DP I know a few girls who have spotted for the entire time they were on it. A few got yucky zits too.

DDF sulfur mask I've heard to me amazing for zits, but it does kinda smell funny from the sulfur in it
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Again,

I have heard really good things about Dermalogica Anti Bac Wash & Medicated Clearing Gel. DDF also has Blemish Foaming Gel.Cleanse your face every night before bed.

I see that you are in Canada, (i'm in Alberta). I recently purchased ROC Purif-Ac Cleansing wash and it is great. It is a mild gel cleanser with salicylic acid to treat & prevent breakouts. It's at Shoppers drug mart($15/tune) and I am really so impressed cause I always found most blemish cleansers to drying for my skin but this works great.

Also, since you're in Canada, the birth control pill Allese is available to you. This is the one I take and has the lowest dose hormones on the market for all pills. It keeps my skin clear without any side effects. No weight gain, no breat tenderness and it also keeps your period flow light. So this may be a better alternative than DP.

Once you get your break out under control, you should get on a good skin care regime. Yonka is excellent for combo skin and I also really like Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel to keep on top of pre-mature ageing, it's full of antioxidents. The younger you start taking good care of your skin, the better. And don't forget SPF 15 EVERYDAY!!!!!

Let me know how it goes.
Take Care, Andrea
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much lianne and Miss Shoes Surprised

I'm so regret that i chose to go with DP. I actually didnt know much about it and my doctor just kept telling me that it's a great product, and she is also using.. so here I am.. regretting. Crying or Very sad

Wow Miss Shoes ! You're from Alberta? I actually just drove there during holidays for like 6 days. I found that it's just too cold over there.. my skin got so dry while i was there ( it must be hard to keep you skin healthy in such a cold weather!). However i'll definately check out on those stuff u suggest.

Also I'd definately try ALlese next time after I got out of DP... why wouldn't the doctor tell me about Allese ?? Rolling Eyes

For sure after my skin gets better this time i'll take a good skin care regime! I'm new to this skincare game.. so i'm currently doing some reserch through this wonderful forum! Embarassed There's so much to learn from you guys.. i'm so glad that i found this forum. I'll remember to try the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel (for sure ,, since i have heard so many good reviews about it) I'm now thinking about getting one of those Vit C serum like Skinceuticals or Vivier.. but i guess i should ask the professionals first, do i really need that? and if so which one should i go for?

Thanks again (i'm feeling happier right now Very Happy )
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |