Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Snake serum for wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I searched to see if anything has yet been posted about this product by Rodial. Full name is Glamoxy Snake Serum and it "helps reduce facial contractions in 2 minutes." Snazzy press kit. It contains syn-ake, a neuropeptide that "mimics the effects of the Temple Viper's potent venom." An oxygen carrier provide "an immediate plumping effect." There are other actives and no parabens. I'm going to try it and hope I don't get a forked tongue or a rattling rear. I'm intrigued, I must admit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:16 am      Reply with quote
This has been around for a while. If you Google "Snake Venom Anti-wrinkle Cream" you will get allot of hits. I think the bottom line is, nothing beats Botox.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Ah-ha, I thought this might be an oldie in new packaging. I'm not Botoxing or filling this year (my resolution) so it might come in handy...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Are there any negatives with using this type of ingredient? I know that it is in Isomers and other products but wonder if the relaxing will cause more sagging or other things?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
Are there any negatives with using this type of ingredient? I know that it is in Isomers and other products but wonder if the relaxing will cause more sagging or other things?

I have used a few of the Isomers products Wrinkle Viper sticks in my mind, but there are others. No negatives from the products, but I know there are those who have reported problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom do 'viper venom' which is just the liquid in a very un-snazzy bottle which I think really does help - that with frownies and/or safetox and my forehead lines are much improved (sorry, I can't post a link)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
puddlelover wrote:
Garden of Wisdom do 'viper venom' which is just the liquid in a very un-snazzy bottle which I think really does help - that with frownies and/or safetox and my forehead lines are much improved (sorry, I can't post a link)

Here is the link to one of many sizes .5 oz.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/6991547/7010879.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
This from Paula B's blog:

We had to hiss at every claim this product makes. It is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to prove Glamoxy can mimic the affect of Botox. The entire notion is laughable and completely bogus. Snake venom doesn’t work like Botox in any shape or form. First, given you are applying it with your hands, if Glamoxy actually worked, wouldn’t the muscles in your hand be frozen as well? You would also likely be applying it to areas of your face you don’t want to freeze. The star ingredients listed on this product’s website with names such as Proturon and Ronasphere are trade names for sodium hyaluronate and silica, which are about as special as white bread! These are standard ingredients and completely without any Botox-like properties for skin.

Another overblown ingredient is listed as Fiflow BTX which is supposed to carry oxygen to the skin. The actual ingredients for this are perfluorohexane, perfluoroperhydrophenanthrene, perfluorodecalin, and perfluorodimethylcyclohexane, which obviously are not as impressive sounding as Fiblow BTX. These substances are fluorocarbons that do indeed bring oxygen to lungs in some medical situations, but the effect on skin, if any, is not known. After all, oxygen causes free-radical damage. Not to mention the EPA is considering taking these off the market. All in all, this product gives an entirely new meaning to the term “snake oil.”

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
harriet wrote:

I have used a few of the Isomers products Wrinkle Viper sticks in my mind, but there are others. No negatives from the products, but I know there are those who have reported problems.

Here is the Isomers Wrinkle Viper ingredient list, it's the peptide that is the active. Is this the same as what PB is referring to?

Isomers Wrinkle Viper Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, I'm curious in knowing if you've finally tried the product and if you've noticed anything...
I'm trying out a product where the active ingredient is "Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate (4%)", which is the supposed ingredient that mimics the snake venom. Just started applying yesterday so can't say much yet.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I tried botox for the first time in October for crow's feet and only now has it started to wear off so I'm going back in a week or two for more. Amazing stuff and a good price considering it lasts so long on me.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
@ATester. I haven't used it. Here's what put me off:

"The actual ingredients for this are perfluorohexane, perfluoroperhydrophenanthrene, perfluorodecalin, and perfluorodimethylcyclohexane, which obviously are not as impressive sounding as Filflow BTX," Begoun explains.

"These substances are fluorocarbons that do indeed bring oxygen to lungs in some medical situations, but the effect on skin, if any, is not known. After all, oxygen causes free-radical damage. Not to mention the (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) is considering taking these off the market. All in all, this product gives an entirely new meaning to the term 'snake oil.'"

Just wasn't into it for that reason. I still have the brand new product here (50% off Bad Grin )

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Botox is literally the only safe and effective treatment for wrinkles. If you're going to dish out several hundred dollars for some other anti-wrinkle cream/serum, then you might as well invest it in t a botox treatment that many people have used and are still using because of its effectiveness
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
There is also a snake serum from this french brand called Garancia.. but it is rather expensive.

If not, the asian brands that offer Synake are generally much cheaper :

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/tony-moly-goes-sny-ake-releases-intense-repair-sny-ake-wrinkle-cream/
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
SyNake is what's in the Rodial product as well. I'm not sure that cost is always a factor in people choosing a serum over Botox injections. Some people just prefer not to have Botox. I'm currently not having Botox just to see how it goes. So far, so good, with the creams and serum I'm using.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Botox is literally the only safe and effective treatment for wrinkles. If you're going to dish out several hundred dollars for some other anti-wrinkle cream/serum, then you might as well invest it in t a botox treatment that many people have used and are still using because of its effectiveness

I have in mind having a shot of botox again, already did do two years ago and was pleased with the results of course!...but meanwhile trying out this cream that costs less than 14 euros -which said in dollars would be less, so not actually dishing out several hundred dollars at all!! Guess that is why, as I was curious, and considering using botox again, I thought, oh well it is a cheap cream so may as well try and see. I have already used another cream of the same brand and was surprised as the price is very low and I really liked it. It is a Spanish brand... I do sometimes wonder why on earth I seem to think that products from other countries must surely be better than the ones produced where I live!

So far I've only used it for two days, it is this one:
http://www.berioska.com/producto_eng.php?id=276&gama=1

Antonia, I don't know about the ingredients you've posted as the one I've started trying out just doesn't have those ones mentioned. The active peptide is the one I mentioned in the last post at a 4%.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Whatever's in the Rodial one, it looks nasty. Wouldn't want to put that on my mahogany table let alone my skin. The peptides (like argireline) are mildly effective I find. I used to rely on Botox for strange "worry bumps" on my forehead but I haven't had a shot now in over a year. I've been using products with peptides in them. I can frown and make the bumps, but they aren't as obvious as when I was due for another few shots in the past.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the GoW one a few yrs back and it did nothing for me.

Antonia, I too gave up Botox for a few yrs and instead tried to find something in a topical. After hundreds and hundreds of dollars with little to no results I decided my money was better spent on Botox Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I tried the GoW one a few yrs back and it did nothing for me.

Antonia, I too gave up Botox for a few yrs and instead tried to find something in a topical. After hundreds and hundreds of dollars with little to no results I decided my money was better spent on Botox Wink

Smile

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm becoming a fan of DermaQuest Peptide Mobilizer. I've been using it for about 2 months and I think I'm seeing some improvement in the crows-feet area. My forehead is very smooth, but I use it there as well, as a preventative. It contains syn-ake and a number of other peptides with very little filler.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Whatever's in the Rodial one, it looks nasty. Wouldn't want to put that on my mahogany table let alone my skin. The peptides (like argireline) are mildly effective I find. .

Yikes. I have a sample pack of this in my collection... It has a snake on the front. Sort of creepy. Laughing

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |