Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

can eye prescription decrease?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have gone to this particular eye dr for the last 2 years... she takes my insurance and is nearby but I'm wondering if I need to go elsewhere...

I just compared my prescription from last year to last week and my right eye went from -7.0 to -6.50. ???

Does anyone know if this seems right? I always thought the eyes could only get worse- thus higher numbers. There are other numbers on the prescription that changed... but I've only paid attention to the negative numbers.

Thanks...

Ps. I ask here instead of the dr herself because my last glasses prescription was just wrong. For 2 years I couldn't wear them because according to her.... it was right.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Find a new doctor.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I realize I meant to write INCREASE in the post subject...

I know I should see a new doctor just based on the glasses situation. I was hoping to see another dr in the same office and my schedule made it impossible. I also hoped after 2 years she had improved.

BUT is this still possible that my eyesight which has my entire life gotten worse (as I would think it usually does)get better? Im assuming -7.0 to -6.5 is an improvement (not knowing what the other changed numbers mean.

THANKS...
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Its true that your eyesight can get better...... mine went from -2.25 to - 1.75 in about five years......who knows why??
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I ask here instead of the dr herself because my last glasses prescription was just wrong. For 2 years I couldn't wear them because according to her.... it was right.

Well, maybe your prescription decreased because it was too high before and now she got it right. Bad Grin
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah right? Smile

Ill see how my glasses turn out and then just ask and see what they say - for the hell of it. I will be LIVID though if i order contacts that are wrong and cant be returned (i buy them online)

Thanks for the help!

Ill be seeing a new doctor next time for sure (i shouldnt be paranoid of whether my doctor knows what shes doing. Smile
CindiLou
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
My eyesight has improved over the years! I started wearing glasses at age 20 & each year my sight worsened. At age 30 my eyesight started to improve. It has improved slowly each year & i'm 39 now. I think i was around a -4.50 in my left eye at one stage, now i'm -2.00. Right eye was about -2.50 & now it's -0.50. I've been to lots of optoms over the years, so it's no error. One optom did explain about 5 yrs ago that i have a very unusual eye disorder that can improve over time & he said there is a good chance that my eyesight will improve enough over coming years that i may not have to wear glasses at all!
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow lucky you! Ive had glasses since second grade... and theyve gotten worse. Thats why i cant believe my eyes could improve at my age.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I believe it's the muscles in your eyes which grow weaker with age that makes it more difficult to focus - and therefore, our eyesight gets worse. That's why doing eye exercises, moving your eyeballs around, is supposed to help. So it is possible for eyesight to improve. However, if it were me, I'd be going to another optician for another eye test.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hey MB...I know I'm a week late here... Just saw this!

Call your doctor... tell her you noticed the prescription is different, and could she get you a sample pair of contacts.

That way, you can test them for FREE! Eye exams always seem weird to me. My numbers jump around a bit... but that has more to do with the doc. playing with them.

I'm all about going to costco now adays, getting my cheap exam so I can get the same lenses I've always worn there... cheap also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! Asking for a free pair of contacts is a great idea. I just got my glasses today and my eyes are still adjusting to them. They don't seem as bad as before... but they need to be perfect not just ok...

Thanks again for all the helpful input
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to add... my glasses are wrong again. I am livid! I did see another doctor (against the receptionists wishes). So Im waiting to see if HE knows what hes doing. OF course I was scheduled with a Dr who doesnt "do contacts"
So now I have to babysit to make sure i get a new contact prescription. I knew I was in trouble again when he said... "eh, your contacts SHOULD be fine".

Im writing a letter for sure when this is all done. Smile... and NEVER going back!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |