Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

favorite cleanser you have used and your skin type?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jessicazhang

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi gals
what is your favorite cleanser until now? I am still trying different brands since i could not find the best one for my oily and acne-prone skin. just want to figure out if there is a best Rolling Eyes
thanks for joining in!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
This one isn't fancy but it's my tried and true: Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser. Great for everyday cleansing. I also like Clinique's Foaming Cleanser for when my skin seems to be getting a bit dry.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
This one isn't fancy either: Spectro Jel. (fragrance free - purple bottle)
I also like various cleanser by Paula's Choice.
Email her CS and ask for samples.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I have a few actually. My skin is normal to combo.

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
YonKa Gel Nettoyant
Decleor Cleansing Oil
Eminence Sweet Red Rose cleanser
Babor Hy-OL
Olay Total Effects Cleanser
Dermalogica Dermal Clay (good for oily/acne skin)
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:33 am      Reply with quote
eminence organics sweet red rose cleanser
tracie martyn amla purifying cleanser
jurlique face wash creme

i love the smell of all (jurlique takes a bit of getting used to, though)...wish i could just stand in the shower all day as i cleanse + smell!
missboo
5% products discount

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Several favorites, but when I'm in an acne prone period, MD Forte is the absolute best.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really like MD Forte cleanser and Dermalogica daily Microfoliant. MD Forte and MD Formulation are very similar, but I found MD Forte works much better for me.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Janson-Beckett Cleansing Milk and Organic Skin Toner. They compliment each other. Very gentle on my mature skin yet totally remove makeup without my skin feeling taunt. Yummy smell! I also like Dr. H. Cleansing Cream. I use Dr. H. after JB cleansing cream as a gentle exfoliant then tone with JB.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been mixing it up this past year (haven't most of us?), but I continue to be reminded how much I like yet another "non-fancy" drug store product.

Pond's Deep Cleansing Lotion and Make-Up Remover with Cucumber ALWAYS leaves me feeling clean yet not tight or dry. After rinsing I seem to get the same sensation when I examine in the mirror. "Well, that was too easy." It is never a struggle of tugging and scrubbing with this product. I perform for a living so some nights I am trying to get seemingly INCHES of mascara off, I never have to repeat my task.

I have never had a cleanser that was that throrough until now. Should probably be faithful but I can't help it. Guilty of wondering what else might be out there so I just keep those options open.

Cetaphil was always a prominent cleanser in my rotation too. Another inexpensive drug store brand.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
My favorite cleanser remains Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream! It works wonderfully. I tried switching to Aubrey's cleanser that is made for oily skin, but the menthol really bothered me and my skin felt completely stripped of oils after I tried it -- so back to Hauschka for me!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Haven't found my favourite yet, but here's what I like..

Darphin purifying foam gel (like the smell)
Jurlique foaming cleansing gel (like the smell too)
Erno Lazlo sea mud soap (good for summer, very very clean but a bit messy to use, the BLACK soap)

still searching for my can't-live-without cleanser Laughing

Did

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
the best so far is darphin purifying foam gel for me...

still looking for the ultimate cleanser, but this one is pretty close
nelly.4
5% products discount

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I have been using Dr H's Cleansing Cream and its a great exfoliant in the mornings. At night, I have been trying Sothys Clearness Lotion as I have noticed fragile capilaries and I have noticed my skin is a lot smoother.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I like Babors 2-step cleansing oil, it's my comfort cleanser Smile But I also like MD Formulations non-glycolic foaming cleanser. This is a more basic gel cleanser, does not dry or irritate my skin and does help a lot on blackheads!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I have combination normal/oily skin and I always use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil to take any makeup off at night. Then I rotate AM & PM depending on my needs between:

*Dove Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows
*MD Forte Cleanser II
*Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
*Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
*Dermalogica Calming Cleanser

-Cheri
happybunny
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry/sensitive skin and my favourites are:

REN Rose Centifolia Wash
Sue Uemura Cleansing Oil
Decleor Cream Cleanser
Avon Anew Pure O2 Cleanser
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I was on a week long trip. Being a travel-light person, I only brought those samples I got from EDS (thanks! EDS Very Happy ). Ususally, I got a lot of breakouts in those trips. However, I was pleasantly surprised that my skin has become very smooth and no breakouts whatsoever in the end of the trip. Surprised I realized that I was using Yonka Gel Nettoyant. Now, I am a total believer of Yonka Gel Nettoyant. It is by far the best cleanser I've ever used (sorry ... Dermalogica daily Microfoliant and MD Forte)
lucy2
5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Recently tried Jurlique's foaming cleanser. It was very nice and light and didn't dry my combo. skin.
namrib
5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and have recently started using the cleansing cream (in a pump) from Skinceuticals--it is great! It feels wonderful to use and rinses easily, and I don't get that tight feeling afterwards! Very Happy I like it even better than the Special Cleansing Gel from Dermalogica that is so nice. Shock
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin with rosacea. Valmont's Cleansing Emulsion from the Dermo line works best for me.
jacob
5% products discount

Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
bringing this thread from the dead, since i was doing a search, thought id share...
But i use Avene cleanance soapless gel and sometimes spectro gel.
combo skin with mild/moderate rosacea.
Avenes soapless cleanser gel, feels great once lathered up...but the spectro gel i feel just disinfects and i find that removing the dead skin cells on my skin, doesn't work with Spectro.
I need to exfoliate but no clue what to use or how.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Cleansers for me vary depending upon the season.

Winter: LOVE PC Skin Recovery Cleanser
Summer: Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin.

I really like YonKa's Lait Nettoyant and Nuxe's Cleansing Milk. I'll use either in the morning when I don't have makeup to remove. Also I like Alpha Hydroxy Glycolic wash a few times a week during the warmer months.

The only one so far that is my HG is the PC. Too bad it's too emollient for the summer months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin, normal/dry in summer, and I love the following cleansers:

*Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser (all year round)
*Decleor cleansing cream for dry skin (winter)
*Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Foam (summer, plus I like to use it post-workout in the shower).
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
i have dry, sensitive skin and cetaphil gentle cleanser is the only thing ive used that doesn't make my skin feel tight. also is gentle as it claims to be...lovely indeed..and inexpensive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I still haven't found anything better than Dermalogica's Ultra Calming Cleanser for gentley removing my makeup and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jurlique's Cleansing Cream for a deeper clean and gentle cleanse afterwards.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |