Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin care for hypersensitive, irritated, dehydrated skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Isidan

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if any of you know any facial skin care line for very-very sensitive acne prone irritated dehydrated skin? I've been searching for any sensitive skin care brand for a long time - unfortunately, no good results

I'm looking for special skin care which is formulated without:
any harsh chemicals (SLS,SLES and others),
mineral oil,
silicones,
dyes,
preservatives and alcohol

My skin is also sensitive to herbs, so organic skin care probably won't be suitable - the less ingredients the better. In addition, my skin is in need of rich moisturization.

any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks=)
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, and welcome!

I can only imagine how difficult it is to have such sensitive skin, but here are a few products that have helped me through some rough patches. I think you'll want to pick and choose from several good brands.

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Gentle Dermo-Cleanser--this is what I have to use most of the time to tolerate tretinoin, and many of the Toleriane products are fragrance-free and very gentle. Another LRP product that many sensitive folks like is the spring water spray, which has selenium for healing and rinses away harsh chlorinated water.

Avene Cicalfate cream--I used this to soothe and heal a wound on my nose, and no scar and no breakouts! (It has zinc oxide for soothing and zinc gluconate or something for anti-bacterial.) Avene also has a couple of Tolerance Extreme products that might be suitable for you.

Paula's Choice has some good products: the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer is probably a good first retinoid, and many people swear by her 1% BHA lotion for acne treatment (it has to be approached carefully, and even then you may not be able to tolerate it).

Vanicream is a pretty safe possibility for sensitive folks, but I don't remember the ingredients offhand.

Topix Replenix Cream may be good for a hefty anti-oxidant kick in addition to anti-irritant.

You might also consider dabbling in DIY with pure oils like evening primrose, safflower, or pure glycerin, or a simple hyaluronic acid serum (glycerin and HA are great for dehydrated skin). Many people like Garden of Wisdom for ingredients and simple formulas. Dehydration can also be treated/helped by a humidifier.

And of course, a dermatologist would really be able to help you a lot, especially if you have an underlying allergy or condition like rosacea.

I hope you get some relief soon,
Kay

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I feel your pain! Following illness my skin became just like that!

I highly recommend using a ph balanced SLS free cleanser, and a biological oil as a moisturiser. Check out Skin Beautiful (website waswww.skincarecentral.biz its changed but will link through). You should find products that meet your criteria - I found that the rosehip cleanser and a mix of basic Hylauronic acid and emu oil (or if you're squeamish squalane which is veggie, or something like camelia oil) worked best for me. They do samples so you can try them.
Its not glam skincare, it doesn't smell delicious (just smells neutral really) the packaging is boring but the products deliver. The idea is to rebuild the skins natural barrier by treating it gently with products it recognises (you can also check out the forum at Diana Yvonne who also sells similar products but I found skincare centrals customer service better).
HTH's Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Isidan,

You might check out essential wholesale, they sell bulk skin care that's unfragranced that can be fragranced or not. They sell large samples and many EDS members purchase products from them!
http://www.essentialwholesale.com/ Very Happy

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you guys! I'll take into account the info you provided me! I'm taking special homeopathic treatment for this horrible dermatitis at the moment, so my skin is fragile during this course of treatment - I have allergic reaction to almost everything I put on my face. Hope to find something really calming and moisturizing for my allergic face.

P.S. Do any of you use humidifier? And if so, what kind of water do you use to fill it? I guess I should use only distilled water...

Thanks)
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I confess, I'm lazy and use cold tap water.
Smile

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger, Smile Well, I have to say that I used to fill with boiled water, but the quality of water isn't very good, because it leaves a thin "chalky" coating in the room on everything!
Isidan

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Question Question Question Guys, have you ever heard about japanese skin care ranges Kao Curel and Kanebo Freeplus?

Does anybody have some experiences with these brands?

I know that they are formulated for sensitive and dehydrated skin.

Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive and dry skin that stays irritated in the winter. I love my ISC or Phyto-C Proheal Serums and Hydra-cool.
And strange as it may sound and I know you wanted to stay away from organics but, Russell Organics Sea Buckthorn oil has been a lifesaver this winter. It really has healed my skin and combats the dryness very well. My hubby has some excema on his arms that it has all but made disappear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
No, sorry, never heard of them.

May I ask what homeopathic treatments you're taking? The reason is that I wonder if you could add in some omega-3-rich supplements, like olive oil, flaxseeds (ground or oil), evening primrose, borage, or fish oil--to help your skin moisturize itself.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, Thanks for your reply.

I checked the ingredient list of the products you mentioned and realized they contain alcohol, menthol. In my skincare regimen I try to avoid these potential skin irritants.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it works for you Smile
Isidan

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger, I should consult my doctor.
I wonder if the use of such supplements can lead to weight gain..?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Isidan wrote:
rockhugger, I should consult my doctor.
I wonder if the use of such supplements can lead to weight gain..?

Isidan, there is no way you can gain weight from a 1,000-2,000 mg of fish oil per day Smile
Isidan

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm sure you're right.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I really doubt weight gain would be an issue with the amounts I have in mind (2000 mg fish oil, 1000 mg EPO, a shot of olive oil...). In fact, a diet too low in the good fats can make skin dry and easily irritated.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever thought of using Eucerin Calming Creme? It's made to soothe irritated or dry skin with great simple ingredients like oatmeal and natural emollients. I figure this would be a great balance of staying ahead of your oversensitive skin while keeping it moisturized. Especially since this winter has been SO cold!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Eucerin Calming Cream is a good alternative too. Hubby keeps it in his golf bag for windy days if he gets sunburned and chapped.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome,

I have been doing some research on this and found Dr Ci Labo, Hadalabo and Fancl that I think are better than the other brands that claim to be good for sensitive skin. I tried an Avene scrub and it had scent and coloring in it. I was very disappointed in their claims to understand sensitive skin.

These Asian lines are only available online but Dr Ci Labo and Fancl have US distribution. I can't say that you wont react to it but I think the Asian's are more ahead of North America in some aspects of skincare. They were making high sunscreens available way before NA.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Isidan,

I have very sensitive skin as well and what has been an absolute godsend for me is Mario Badescu products. Especially their Cream Soap, Chamomile Cleansing Lotion and Control Cream (this is a can't live without product for me). I cannot tolerate essential oils, acids, BP and these products don't contain those things. They are fragrance-free as well. You can to towww.mariobadescu.com and take a questionnaire to determine your skin type and they will send you free samples of the recommended products. This has been the only thing to clear up my skin, keep it clear and maintain balance that I have ever found.

If nothing else, just know that I have skin very similar to yours and I have found something that truly works and gives me nice skin. Don't give up hope!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I don't know if this line covers all your requirements but I know it covers some - the first two at least. Take a look a Renee Rouleu reneerouleau.com
I've started using this brand and enjoyed the first few products purchased. She also has a blog that I've enjoyed reading. Some good tips in there.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
If you face is very sensitive. you can try A-Derma oil cleanser (it is good for baby too).

here you can find the info:

http://well.ca/products/a-derma-exomega-shower-bath-oil_15024.html

I had a sensitive skin before. Totally sensitive. therefore I change my routine cleansing procedure. It got better.

however if you apply makeup on i recommend to use the mineral makeup. /
remember to use makeup remover to remove your makeup first before cleansing ur face at night .
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |