Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Face lift and fillers experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/rosesweet/
I think if you click on a picture it will enlarge. The 2 center pictures are 1 day post op and 16 days post op. (if I did it right)

Above is the link to the before and afters of my Quick Lift pictures. I had an eye-peel, fillers injected in between my brows, my nl's my cheeks, and my bottom lip(it was really uneven.). I also had Lipo in the jowl area, and I had the turkey waddle removed with a under chin sub tuck. I think that is all. I was Put to sleep for the procedure, and I was off work for 17 days. The total cost was about 8,500$. I chose to have Silikon 1000 injected and the Dr I used Is an expert at injecting this. I will not post my Doctors name. I am not advertising for him here, but I will be more than happy to answer any questions, we are all in this journey together!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 am      Reply with quote
You look fantastic, well worth the money. I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 am      Reply with quote
RMC, I say this again, you look beautiful!

Now, when you say you had fillers in between your brows and nasolabial lines, was it a restylene type of filler or was it botox to relax the area?

Do you know what type of injectable is used at corners of eyes (for crows feet)? I am just starting to see some creases on myself in that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
You look fantastic, well worth the money. I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you.

DITTO! Smile You look fantastic, very happy for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
RMC, I say this again, you look beautiful!

Now, when you say you had fillers in between your brows and nasolabial lines, was it a restylene type of filler or was it botox to relax the area?

Do you know what type of injectable is used at corners of eyes (for crows feet)? I am just starting to see some creases on myself in that area.

The filler I had was Silikon 1000 My PS has been using this for many years. It is NOT FDA approved in the US as a cosmetic filler it is normally used in retina reattachment surgery.He does do other fillers but I sought him out after seeing a friend who had this done years ago and has not had to do a thing since. Although I do have areas to be touched up.

I used to get BTX when I was younger between my brows. Now it is just the filler, and I am faithful with my facemaster for my forehead. The only thing he did to my eyes was that eye peel and that took care of tightening my bags. I really don't have a lot of lines around my eyes, but I use my products there faithfully.

You are still young, Botox should do the trick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
In which country was this done? Sounds like a neck lift rather than a facelift. You look ten years younger and certainly happier, which is all that counts.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
USA. The title was misleading, it was a mid-face lift. Ear tops, back, behind ears into the occipital.so sorry softskin for lousy response having connection issues on Android.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is WOW rmc7, you look amazing!!!! Your skin looks so smooth and soft and your Doctor did do a great job. Smile

I would find myself wanting to look in every mirror just to see how good my skin looked. Simply amazing. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Huge, huge, huge difference - you look FANTASTIC!!
Worth every penny!

Your teeth are fab too - have you had dental work? I'm just about to embark on my dental journey.

Did you also get the Silikon 1000 in your cheeks? How long does it last? - it's a silicon oil. I thought that silicon was a no no - but it has really good reviews on Realself.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Huge, huge, huge difference - you look FANTASTIC!!
Worth every penny!

Your teeth are fab too - have you had dental work? I'm just about to embark on my dental journey.

Did you also get the Silikon 1000 in your cheeks? How long does it last? - it's a silicon oil. I thought that silicon was a no no - but it has really good reviews on Realself.com

Keliu, As far as the teeth went no, I am fortunate to have good teeth. My daughter-in-law is a dental hygienist so she does a professional bleach job for me. She did that Zoom procedure, and I keep it up with an at home tray bleach kit.

Yes that is silicon oil. It is injected in microdots which over time cause the collagen to build around it. I am told it is permanent, what ever that means. My friend has had hers for about 6-7 yrs with no problems, but she is much younger than me. Yes, he also did my cheeks with it. Now that was only one round, he tells you that he injects cautiously and sparingly. If you have the full face done with surgery it is included as PART of the cost and that part is 950$. Independent of surgery it is a few hundred more. No matter what filler you choose the price that is quoted as the surgical price becomes your gift price forever.! I am going to make an appointment to have another round injected over summer vacation. I can see that there are areas I would like to have a little fuller, and after a year the silicon has attracted as much collagen as it ever will.

I did a LOT of research and interviewing before I chose this Dr. and this filler. I had every confidence in his ability. The only thing I questioned was the eye peel, I really believed I needed a lower bleph! He said not for a few yrs, to save my money.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 am      Reply with quote
What a difference! You looked nice before, but you look FABULOUS now! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 - thanks for all the info. From some brief research, I don't think Silikon 1000 is available in Oz - and it would seem that it's use as a "filler" in the US is somewhat controversial. I've had one round of Sculptra injections, which works in a similar way to the Silikon. As yet, there are no visible results but it's supposed to take three to four treatments and about five months to see anything. When you think about it, my money would probably be better spent on a face lift - your results are really enviable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Rmc7, you look wonderful!

I'm not looking to do any surgery myself, but I wanted to tell you I think your results are great. Every so often I see people (men and women) who've had work done, it doesn't look good, and doesn't wear well as time goes on. Sometimes they don't even look like themselves. Your doctor is very skilled!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
You look beautiful! You look like you could be the younger sister in comparison to the before photo.
Reading Gal

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:25 am      Reply with quote
You certainly do look wonderful! One day, after our son is finally out of university, I would like to find a good Dr. & get a chemical peel. Why not! Life is short & I bet you feel fabulous inside too Smile Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
RMC7-
You look fantastic and vibrant. It's very natural looking. I too would be trying to peek at myself over and over in the mirror. I really appreciate you sharing.
Thanks for your candor-
Coleen (C4ward)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
How much is the eye peel?
Whats the recovery time?

Also did it REALLY reduce your eye bags?
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!You look like you are in your late 30's! Very happy for you!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
WOWEEE! Congratulations to you and your PS on a fabulous result. Just terrific. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rmc7 - thanks for all the info. From some brief research, I don't think Silikon 1000 is available in Oz - and it would seem that it's use as a "filler" in the US is somewhat controversial. I've had one round of Sculptra injections, which works in a similar way to the Silikon. As yet, there are no visible results but it's supposed to take three to four treatments and about five months to see anything. When you think about it, my money would probably be better spent on a face lift - your results are really enviable.

It is hard to find a DR. who does sk 1000. You really have to be good at it, and they don't advertise it. A few years ago there was a wonderful article about it in Vogue that really got my attention and my PS uses it on himself. He is also a Professor at one of our leading medical centers. I would never trust that to ANYONE who I felt was going to make me look like Mickie Rourke! Keliu, Sculptra was my alternate choice for the very reasons you state. What ever I chose I wanted a lasting benefit, I didn't have tons of money to spend, I personally think you made an excellent decision . Be Patient.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
How much is the eye peel?
Whats the recovery time?

Also did it REALLY reduce your eye bags?

It really took those eye bags down and made my eyes look more open. I'm sorry I don't have a really good picture to show you but there are some GREAT ones on realself.com. Most people really thought I had my eyes done! I think , (I'm not sure where I stuck my papers) the cost was between 250-350$. The 2nd picture next to the Post op one is 16 days later. That was the second time I had makeup on. I had a ton of concealer. The PS gives you a take home kit with all the after care stuff, soap, moisturizer, concealers, that redness lasts for a long time. I'd say it was at least another 2-3 weeks before it was all gone. But the bags are gone right away!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
You look absolutely stunning. Your smile says it all. What a beauty, and you look completely natural. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations on having such fantastic results and for choosing the right surgeon. That has got to be the hardest part (well, maybe the recovery???).

You must be thrilled to be looking so young again!!

How long will your results last?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Congratulations on having such fantastic results and for choosing the right surgeon. That has got to be the hardest part (well, maybe the recovery???).

You must be thrilled to be looking so young again!!

How long will your results last?

With proper aftercare (Thermage yearly) about 10yrs. then you go back to where you were in the first place. But I have seen some of his "old timers" They held up well. One of the reasons I come to EDS is to reinforce my skincare habits, and keep current.This is where I learned of dermarolling,(my PS thinks that is great)the Clairsonic, the OCM, the MSM, the magnesium,the CP's, TTT, just to name a few. You gals know everything!!! Wink

5% products discount

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, rmc7, your photos are amazing! I would not hesitate at all to have those procedures someday if I could get results like that.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |