Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does less white cast make mineral sunscreen less effective?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
So I've always suffered and worked with the inevitable white cast of zinc sunscreen. I finally found one that has zero white cast. Anyone know if I am I getting less protection due to the lack of reflective properties of mineral sunscreen with a heavier white cast? Thanks very much,
~Clare
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi clare77,

Sorry, I do not know the answer to your question, but can you provide us with the name of your sunsreen and the ingredient list! Wink

Thanks
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your interest. It's the latest DeVita sunscreen with 19% Zinc Oxide as the active. Zinc particle size, according to DeVita CS is on average 250 NM. Thanks again,
~Clare
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
clare77 wrote:
Thanks for your interest. It's the latest DeVita sunscreen with 19% Zinc Oxide as the active. Zinc particle size, according to DeVita CS is on average 250 NM. Thanks again,
~Clare

I think Devita sunscreen is great. I have been using it and I have not gotten any pigmentation or color on my skin. Granted it is winter, so that may make a difference. I think new technology makes it possible to get good protection without a white cast, but that is just my opinion.
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear. First day here with the new formulation So I am very interested in people's experience with it. Thanks for your input,
~Clare
Moonface001
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Yes you can get good sun protection with out a white cast. Most often the zinc has been micronised making it less visible. However there is some debate whether the particles can as a result enter the skin. While generally zinc oxide is harmless, high doses have not really been researched.
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Moonface001 wrote:
Yes you can get good sun protection with out a white cast. Most often the zinc has been micronised making it less visible. However there is some debate whether the particles can as a result enter the skin. While generally zinc oxide is harmless, high doses have not really been researched.

Excellent. I am not terribly concerned about the micronized zinc issue. I just wanted to see if DeVita's SS was actually effective. Btw, the latest edition of it is now in a tube (like the body block) and is in the amount of 2.7 oz (bigger). The texture takes some getting used to because it seems to ball up when I have moisturizer under it or makeup over it:/
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |