Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Obagi Nu Derm-week 13
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Chris Ann
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm in my 13th week on the system and have to say for the most part, I'm very happy with the products. No one has commented on my skin as of yet, but it is truly working. My skin tone is great, pores have minimized, so I know it is moving in the right direction. Question: Will my skin be its best at the 18th wk mark because I still have textural issues going on and a little bit of red on the chin/mouth area? Or should I continue with it longer before going to the maintenance pgrm? And 2nd question: Has anyone had a photofacial done while on the system or should I wait until I am done with the full 18wk. program? Many thanks for the advice.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chris Ann. It really depends in the individual if the skin will be "done" at the 18 week mark. Some have to continue on to 24 weeks. I would definitely check with your derm to see what he/she wants you to do. Can't help on the photofacial, but I am sure someone will come along and answer that for you!
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
This might help you.

http://www.obagi.com/documents/clinicals/IPL%20with%20CE%20Poster.pdf

I had a couple of IPL treatments but I waited until several months after I was on maintenance and wish I would have done it immediately after my 18 week regimen. I am Asian and am prone to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). I definitely became inflamed on my face and there are a few spots around my mouth where I have some PIH resulting from the IPL that I don't think I would have gotten had I had the IPL right after my 18 weeks. Especially since I have been a little lazy with my maintenance.

There is a washout period (period during which you cease usage of certain products prior to the IPL treatment) of about a week for Obagi products. If you are anything like me, taking a break from Obagi is not a good thing because it's really hard to get back on the regimen, so that is one thing to consider if you are considering doing IPL midway through Obagi.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply! My derm says it's ok to have the IPL photofacial now, but I am a little worried. I'm on the schedule for one nxt wk but I am hoping there is someone out there that has done this or knows someone that has around the 13th/14th mark on Obagi. Obagi Nu Derm has been so great and I don't want to do anything bad at this stage of the game. Hopefully I will get some replies on this thread. Many thanks again!
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chris Ann I just wondered if you had the IPL while on the nuderm and how you got on with it?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I had an IPL treatment after going on maintenance. For me, I really didn't see too much improvement in my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I also had IPL before I started Obagi and found it no effect on my skin at all! Obagi was the only product that helped to even out my skin tone. I continued on to the 24 week, once you have gone through to the 18th week, its easy to just continue. Now I'm on maintenance. As for IPL it depends on what you hope to achieve from it. I found Obagi helped with skin tone, pigmentaion issues better.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
I also had IPL before I started Obagi and found it no effect on my skin at all! Obagi was the only product that helped to even out my skin tone. I continued on to the 24 week, once you have gone through to the 18th week, its easy to just continue. Now I'm on maintenance. As for IPL it depends on what you hope to achieve from it. I found Obagi helped with skin tone, pigmentaion issues better.

Hi Fongflyer5,
If you don't mind my asking, what is your maintenance routine? Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks girls I will give it a miss, skin tone has evened out a lot, hadn't realised it needed to as my issues were the pores and texture, the texture is also smoother. The IPL was for some thread veins but will leave this for now.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Although I wouldn't consider IPL for my face at this time, I would consider if for my chest. I personally think it's a great treatment for hyperpigmentation, but you generally need a series (usually a minimum of three) to get real results. Thus, it can be quite costly! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi kims, my maintenance routine is vit C serum in the morning. I found the skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum to be the best, followed by clear, 2 to 4 times a week, blender and retin A, 3 to 5 times a week. If my skin starts to get too dry, flaky or red with the blender/retin A then I stop using it till my skin feels better. I find my skin seems to tolerate it better during the warmer months when the humidity is higher which makes my skin more oily. I've become religious with sunblock, alternating between devita and burntout which I discovered on the EDS forum. I don't worry about the Obagi cleanser or toner anymore, so long as the ph levels of the products I'm using are ok. Since I started on Obagi I've done another full cycle once. I must admit doing another full cycle did kick start my skin again. I still remember following your trails and tribulations on the Obagi cycle when you first started!! To think we have come so far now!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 2:22 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Hi kims, my maintenance routine is vit C serum in the morning. I found the skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum to be the best, followed by clear, 2 to 4 times a week, blender and retin A, 3 to 5 times a week. If my skin starts to get too dry, flaky or red with the blender/retin A then I stop using it till my skin feels better. I find my skin seems to tolerate it better during the warmer months when the humidity is higher which makes my skin more oily. I've become religious with sunblock, alternating between devita and burntout which I discovered on the EDS forum. I don't worry about the Obagi cleanser or toner anymore, so long as the ph levels of the products I'm using are ok. Since I started on Obagi I've done another full cycle once. I must admit doing another full cycle did kick start my skin again. I still remember following your trails and tribulations on the Obagi cycle when you first started!! To think we have come so far now!!

Yes, we certainly have, FongFlyer! I recently did a six week "kick start" protocol once again and was very surprised to see how red and peely I got once again. Seems you can always push your skin just a bit further! Did you do another full 18 weeks?? Did you notice further improvement?

I've been using the Obagi Vit C and I find it to be a bit "sticky." So, I'm using it at night to help build collagen. May have to try the Skinceuticals later down the road.

Thanks for checking back in! I appreciate the company!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I too find the Obagi vitamin c tacky and it can make my skin look greasy, but I blot, may try this on an evening tho thanx
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 9:09 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
I too find the Obagi vitamin c tacky and it can make my skin look greasy, but I blot, may try this on an evening tho thanx

Plus, it just makes it hard to apply my mineral make up. And, I agree about the greasy part too.

I use the Vit C as part of my maintenance plan. I alternate it with the Clear, Blender/Retin a.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi kims, I think I got to around week 12 and thought this was as good as it gets. I was also surprised that 2nd time around the results were better. But I still went through the initial red and flaky stage which was a surprise. I think I remember reading that you were a bit more generous with the amount of the product you used the 2nd time around. I realised the first time I used Obagi I could of used a bit more of the clear and the blender. When I went on maintenance I made sure I used the right amount of the products. I didn't mind the Obagi C serum but once I started the Skinceuticals I did notice an improvement. I also use a mineral makeup and found the Jane Iredale range to be the best. I also tried Obagi C products which don't use retin A. The results are not as good as the Nu Derm
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Hi kims, I think I got to around week 12 and thought this was as good as it gets. I was also surprised that 2nd time around the results were better. But I still went through the initial red and flaky stage which was a surprise. I think I remember reading that you were a bit more generous with the amount of the product you used the 2nd time around. I realised the first time I used Obagi I could of used a bit more of the clear and the blender. When I went on maintenance I made sure I used the right amount of the products. I didn't mind the Obagi C serum but once I started the Skinceuticals I did notice an improvement. I also use a mineral makeup and found the Jane Iredale range to be the best. I also tried Obagi C products which don't use retin A. The results are not as good as the Nu Derm

I think it's really important to use the correct amount of products -- although, it always seems like A LOT to me. I know Rileygirl has said this many times as well.

I guess each time we get red and flaky, it must mean the products are working again for us! Using Nuderm may end up being a lifetime commitment for me, but I'm okay with that as long as I get results and maintain them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Kims, I've decided to make Obagi a lifetime commitment also. Simply because it works.. Yes, rileygirl was right, u do need to use the right amount. I learnt that from experience. I think we all want a quick fix for our skin problems, but it's only now because we have both come so far that we can honestly encourage others to persist & stay with it thru the really bad times because the end results are worth it
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Kims, I've decided to make Obagi a lifetime commitment also. Simply because it works.. Yes, rileygirl was right, u do need to use the right amount. I learnt that from experience. I think we all want a quick fix for our skin problems, but it's only now because we have both come so far that we can honestly encourage others to persist & stay with it thru the really bad times because the end results are worth it

I'm getting to the end of week 5 but, I have also decided to make a lifelong commitment to obagi too, or at least for as long as it still works for me. I do admit I'm hoping to only have to use the absolute bare minimum of the products during maintenace and will be swapping rx for fx as soon as they run out. I haven't quite decided how long I will do the full annual booster for, I suppose I will cross that bridge....
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |