Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ADC is selling Dysport!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Alldaychemist is selling Dysport 500IU for $350.00 for 3ml.

Does anyone know how many ml is in 20 units of Botilinum Toxin (which is usually what I get). I'm trying to work out if this is a good deal or not.

Also, I've read that when sending Botox through the post, it has to be kept cold. I wonder if it's the same situation for Dysport.

I looked into the self-injecting of Botox a while back - but got put off because of unreliable suppliers. ADC could be a good option though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
A while back I measured 1000 IU vitamin E into a syringe (had from dad's B-12) and it measured just a hair above 7cc/ml. It might be a tiny bit more as I did this by hand squeezing a capsule, but that might give you a close estimation?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
A while back I measured 1000 IU vitamin E into a syringe (had from dad's B-12) and it measured just a hair above 7cc/ml. It might be a tiny bit more as I did this by hand squeezing a capsule, but that might give you a close estimation?

Yes, well that would be about right if 500IU is 3ml. But what I want to know is if 20 units is equal to 20IU? If it is, then $350 for 500IU is very cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this helps at all? There is more discussion on site, but nothing that compares IU to Units?

How Many IU's of Botox Would It Take to Lift the Eyebrows?

i recently was treated with DYSPORT (25 IU's) to increase the arches of my eyebrows. it did absolutely nothing. i wanted to try botox this time, and i spoke with a doctor who told me that 50 IU's would do the trick. how much would this cost me?

http://www.realself.com/question/ius-botox-lift-eyebrows

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Conversion is about 3 to 1...

If I had to self-inject something (even though I recently took a Botox course for "fun" I'm scared of doing it to myself!) I would inject Botox and not Dysport.

Since you have to inject more volume with Dysport I'd be scared that my lack of precision would result in the toxin spreading to unwanted areas! Sad Botox, with its lower volume, is easier to apply.

I know lots people have self-injected Botox, is anyone out there who has tried Dysport?

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank God for Josee!

I have injected testosterone into baby female chicks in JR. HIGH!
Insulin for an old boyfriend and B-12 for my father. That's it for my experience injecting anything! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Thank God for Josee!

I have injected testosterone into baby female chicks in JR. HIGH!
Insulin for an old boyfriend and B-12 for my father. That's it for my experience injecting anything! Laughing

Well that's more than me - I've never used a syringe in my life.

I don't like the thought of having to inject a larger amount of solution with the Dysport - and the thought that it has the likelihood to "drift" is worrying too.

Josee - do you have any tips from your Botox course to share? Any advice would be appreciated. I have watched lots of Youtube videos on the subject. But having had Botox so many times, it doesn't seem like a complex thing to do. Maybe I need some baby chicks to practice on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Keliu I was the only person in my biology class that wasn't too squeamish to do it. We had a few (male and female) leave the room every time for fear of fainting. It was to make female chicks develop mail traits!

Hopefully Josee can give you some tips on self injecting, that I would be less comfortable doing. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:44 am      Reply with quote
http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net/t626p15-dysport-in-brows

There is a lot of info here., and entertainment!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net/t626p15-dysport-in-brows

There is a lot of info here., and entertainment!

Yes, I'm a member there - but lately there have been so many stories of bad Botox or bad shipping methods that I got really put off. Plus they all suddenly started to get nervous about mentioning suppliers by name on line - it all seemed to get very furtive.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I asked a doctor about botox vs dysport. He said you use more dysport than botox, so in the end the price comes to about the same. Also dysport spreads wider while botox is more localized. So dysport would be good for forehead, and botox is good for crows feet. 1 unit = 1 CC or 1 ml. Hope that helps.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine a botox injection as being complicated. I do dental anesthesia and botox is a very basic procedure comparatively speaking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I can't imagine a botox injection as being complicated. I do dental anesthesia and botox is a very basic procedure comparatively speaking.

I don't think the basic botox is complicated at all.

I do think that to do brow lifts and some more complicated botox injections (i.e. mid/lower face) you do need more than a basic understanding of anatomy. I think I could self-inject myself for the "11s", the forehead lines, crows' feet and bunny lines but that would be it. I would rather leave the brow lift to a dermatologist/plastic surgeon... same thing with lifting the mouth.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I don't think the basic botox is complicated at all.

I do think that to do brow lifts and some more complicated botox injections (i.e. mid/lower face) you do need more than a basic understanding of anatomy. I think I could self-inject myself for the "11s", the forehead lines, crows' feet and bunny lines but that would be it. I would rather leave the brow lift to a dermatologist/plastic surgeon... same thing with lifting the mouth.

I agree - says me who's never injected anything! But I've had enough Botox done to think that it's a fairly straight forward procedure. There's no way I'd do my lower face though.

What worries me more is the quality of the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I've PMed a few people over on the SkinDeep Forum asking them to provide me with the name of a reputable Botox supplier - but they've all refused. Honestly, I think I'd have less trouble getting my hands on a kilo of crack cocaine!!

I've now started a thread over there entitled, "Keliu from EDS needs a Botox supplier!" - so far, total silence.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I am just stunned that anyone would even consider self-injecting Botox/Dysport.

Even experts can get it wrong and you can end up with eye-droop or an uneven face for a few months.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Check this out - you'd be amazed at how many people inject their own Botox and fillers!

http://skindeepchat.forumotion.net/f3-neurotoxins-branded-generics

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |