Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst thing for your skin: Demon [ethanol] Alcohol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

Seems to me the absolutely worst thing for my skin is wine and cocktails.

The damage comes on quickly. E.g., after Christmas and New Year's gatherings where alcohol is consumed rosacea fingerprints and other blemishes start to surface. It takes about a week of indulgence for it to show. I'm talking 2 glasses of red per evening for most of the 12 days of Christmas, for comparison's sake.

Doesn't matter if the rest of my diet is good and clean. Gin roses are for real.

Do you get the same?

Best wishes from the wagon,

Pluto

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. For me, I think it's the dehydration effect. I notice my skin is dryer when I imbibe more. Even if I try and boost my water intake, it doesn't make a difference.

Dang, here I thought red wine (in moderation, of course) was good for you!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
It's interesting I may drink 1-2 drinks tops maybe 2-3 times a year (if that). It's not being a teetotaler just don't have the desire or I was driving with the kids. I really don't notice any difference when I do have a drink or two from the days (ages ago) when I would have wine or whatever more often? hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Re the red wine, it seems every 6 months (or less!) researchers change their minds -- it's good for you; it's bad for you. So, mostly I just don't, except when going out sometimes.

I think I did have more this time during the hols, and stuff showed up on my face and rang a bell ("Didn't this happen another time?"). But, who knows.

You're lucky, DM, that it didn't show on your skin.

Last I read, Shasta, it's still good for you, in tiny amounts! No one's debunked the effect it is supposed to have on heart health: if you drink a bit, you might live longer. But there are other factors involved, logically.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Pluto,

I haven't had anything alcoholic in over a year? I know in say France and Italy it's common to drink red wine with meals daily. What I have read aside from the benefits of wine itself is Red especially helps us absorb more nutrients from our food when consumed with a meal, who knows for sure? Since we can get the benefits from supplements and use enzymes to break down food more efficiently why bother with booze? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DM,

I take enzymes, too. I even forgot about that part of red wine's benefits. But that would make sense -- that's a big reason why it's supposed to be good!

I appreciate the way the actual French and Italians drink their wine, though -- the pours are modest, half a glass, no one guzzles or has whole carafe of "therapist" despite Julie Roberts in Eat, Pray. Love. As if I'd take my cues from that lady Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is very sensitive to alcohol, and become dryer and will break out red rash (even red wind!). Now I barely drink wine or beverage containing alcohol. Sad Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, donggs. My skin is pretty thin and sensitive, anyway, so I'm not surprised. I'll admit that it is annoying. All in all, I'd rather have the clear skin.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pluto,
I don't have rosacea, but I notice my skin looks worse after a night of drinking. Most of it is probably that I don't sleep as well. (I don't have any trouble with dehydrated skin.)

I do think the effect is cumulative, so even two glasses a night for several nights in a row will make matters worse.

No skin care can beat a night of no drinking, healthy eating, and getting a great night's sleep for me. Bummer.

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |