Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

peel gone wrong...help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scribbleprincess

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 am      Reply with quote
hi there,
i'm new to this forum, but have referenced it often for information and found it to be a great resource! i'm posting now in hope that some of you may be able to help. i recently allowed myself to be pressured into buying the secret of the himalayan peel and sad to say now that my skin seems very ruined. i don't know if i did something wrong, or was misinformed on how to use it, but now it seems that every square inch of my face has a fine line to it even the delicate areas on my temples and eyelids (which i never applied to but maybe got there during rinsing?). it looks like i have aged 10 years and i now have increased blotching & pimples as well...how lovely. i'm pretty freaked out by it. i used it only four times, but 2 times per week (sundays and wednesdays) after reading one reviewers post saying they used it 3 times per week, so i thought that 2x would be ok even though the sales person said once per week. it's been 1 1/2 weeks since the last application and not much has changed. i've been putting castor oil on my skin daily and nightly and trying to be really gentle with it, and not wanting to look in the mirror. can anyone offer some advice or experience? i'm really scared that the damage is permanent since there is no peeling happening. i'm frustrated that my skin was doing so well prior to that when i was just using castor oil which was clearing it and making it softer, then all went to hell...poop.

also, could someone direct me to the site manager? i registered on this forum some time ago, and something went wrong. i now signed up with my work email address since it already says my personal email is already in use, but i can't seem to get in.

thanks so much for the help!!!
sabine.
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:17 am      Reply with quote
what attracted you to this peel? whats the active ingredient? Moisturize your face and if it doesn't clear up in a week or 2 go see a dermatologist.

I just read that BUTYLENE GLYCOL IS A CARCINOGEN!?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry you're going through this. I found a similar thread, where people recommended raw or manuka honey (assuming no allergies) that might help:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34827&

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I would stop the Castor Oil - it can be drying for some people. Maybe try some Emu Oil. The Manuka Honey could be good too. Lucas Paw Paw Ointment is also very soothing to irritated skin. Don't panic - just use soothing, nourishing products until your skin gets back to normal.

For your Forum issues - try posting here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
PMFJI, be wary of the emu oil. I used this and it broke me out like nobody's business and the zits took weeks on end to go away. The people claimed that my skin was purging. No way, it was clogged and inflamed.

I don't know about the castor oil, either. I think the molecules are too big to clog you, but, yes, it is drying.

If you didn't break out from your old, regular skin care routine, go back to this and let nature take its course.

(Also, I find that the Aspirin mask helps a lot in the case of clogged up follicles.)

Sorry about the misery!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
yeah, i usually don't buy over the counter stuff with ingredients i'm not familiar with or have researched properly and i do prefer plain and simple. i was a sucker that day and this peel is hitting the trash! interesting about the castor oil having a drying effect. i did just notice a dry patch on my chest last night and knew that i didn't put the peel there (and would be a very late reaction. does anyone know how it is drying to the skin? does it have the same effect if mixed with another oil? i'm baffled that any oil could be drying. i do have oily skin, and castor is one that doesn't make me break out, but i will stop for now in case that is part of the problem! thanks for the advice so far and if there is more please bring it on!
you folks are great!
scribbleprincess

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 am      Reply with quote
oh, and i have this oils at my disposal at the moment:
coconut
olive
raspberry
pomegranate
sea buckthorn

any suggestions welcome on that too!
scribbleprincess

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 am      Reply with quote
oh and neem as well
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with no castor oil (most people use it with OCM only). Of the oils you have, I would also not use raspberry. That can be irritating also.

I would try olive. Although, I hear neem is good with irritation... I just have never tried it.

Just apply oil on damp skin and leave it very simple for a couple of weeks. No other masks or treatments.

Good luck,

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
In defense of Emu Oil - it's one of the most highly rated facial oils around and it's unusual for it to cause breakouts. But, of course, anyone can have a reaction to anything.

You could mix the Pomegranate and Sea Buckthorn Oil with a little of the Olive Oil - they should be fine too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
scribbleprincess wrote:
hi there,
i'm new to this forum, but have referenced it often for information and found it to be a great resource! i'm posting now in hope that some of you may be able to help. i recently allowed myself to be pressured into buying the secret of the himalayan peel and sad to say now that my skin seems very ruined. i don't know if i did something wrong, or was misinformed on how to use it, but now it seems that every square inch of my face has a fine line to it even the delicate areas on my temples and eyelids (which i never applied to but maybe got there during rinsing?). it looks like i have aged 10 years and i now have increased blotching & pimples as well...how lovely. i'm pretty freaked out by it. i used it only four times, but 2 times per week (sundays and wednesdays) after reading one reviewers post saying they used it 3 times per week, so i thought that 2x would be ok even though the sales person said once per week. it's been 1 1/2 weeks since the last application and not much has changed. i've been putting castor oil on my skin daily and nightly and trying to be really gentle with it, and not wanting to look in the mirror. can anyone offer some advice or experience? i'm really scared that the damage is permanent since there is no peeling happening. i'm frustrated that my skin was doing so well prior to that when i was just using castor oil which was clearing it and making it softer, then all went to hell...poop.

also, could someone direct me to the site manager? i registered on this forum some time ago, and something went wrong. i now signed up with my work email address since it already says my personal email is already in use, but i can't seem to get in.

thanks so much for the help!!!
sabine.

Hi Scribbleprincess,

I have been an avid user of at home peels now for approx a year and before that had them preformed at my Dermatologists office with great results.
I have read up on this peel and it can be very drying on the skin if used too often and by people who do have drier skin to begin with. Having used peels I would strongly advice against using them twice or even three times a week, as this can be a little bit of overkill and your skin needs time to heel after the peel.

I do see that this is an instant peel where you massage a small amount onto your face and the skin should peel off in little balls along with the product, as well as some peeling that will occur after using this product. Perhaps this peel may be a little harsh for your skin or perhaps using it twice a week has dried your skin out significantly??
You can buy a product over the counter that you can use to help with your skin and with what has happened after using this peel. It's Neosporin and it's an Antibiotic Ointment that can help with all kinds of skin conditions including dry skin, blemishes and my Dermatologist recommended it to me to have on hand to help with my skin after I have performed a peel to stop any redness and dryness that can occur and for when the face has peeled to soothe the skin.

If I was you I would perhaps try something different or even start off with using it again if that's what you want to do perhaps once a fortnight and see how it goes?? I think it can be a little harsh on some people to use a product too often, as this can sometimes cause more harm than good. I only use my peel once every 4-6 weeks and great products in between to keep my skin looking at it's best. Maybe a good exfoliant may be the way to go for you and then incorporate a peel in once a month or so??

I hope your skin gets better and do let us know how you get on. Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
For home peels - I think Lactic Acid is the way to go.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed you said your skin looks like it has aged 10 years. Well I use a TCA Complex Peel and a couple of days after I apply this my skin becomes tight and dry before it peels to reveal nice new skin that is soft to touch. It would seem your skin hasn't peeled yet properly and while my skin is in this dry state my Dermatologist advised me not to apply any moisturisers except the Neosporin if I need it, as she said applying moisturisers will re-hydrate the dead skin and stop it peeling properly.

I also use a TCA Latte Peel which doesn't give you that dry skin pull, rather it peels in about 24 hours after I have applied the cream like a mask,I then wait for it to sink in before wiping off the excess and waiting for it to perform it's magic. It may be an option for you, as it isn't as harsh and you can still go out when it does peel because it just peels in light wispy layers that are not that obvious.

I alternate between the two peels and in between I use CellexC Speed Peel Facial Gel to keep up the results. I only use the CellexC once a fortnight and apply a thin layer like a mask and wait a couple of minutes before massaging it in then waiting another minute before leaning over my skin and lightly massaging the product off. My skin feels like silk after and it removes any dry skin I may have which now isn't that much since incorporating these products into my regime.

I do think that with peels you need to be careful and take it slow to begin with and also with the help of my Dermatologist I haven't had any issues or problems while using these products. Perhaps you may need to get some professional advice and then take it from there if your wanting to perform these at home yourself. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |