Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need help with foundation for aging skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tori

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I am 42, but often mistaken for late 20s, but for the past year or so am having a horrible time with foundation. My skin is getting drier and changing as I get older, and all foundations look bad.

They go on kind of cakey looking, even over heavy moisturizer. They streak and seem to show every pore much more visibly than with no foundation. Also, on my nose the foundation seems to sit on top and not stick, and looks patchy and streaky. I have tried many different brands, with and without moisturizer, with and without powder, liquid and cream, with brushes, sponges, and fingers, and always get this same effect. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tori and welcome to the forums.
Here is a couple of links you can read up on and reviews talking about make-up for mature age skins.

http://makeup.about.com/od/blogs/tp/MoreTopMatureFoundations.htm

http://makeup.about.com/od/topsplurg8/tp/Top-Mature-Foundations.htm

http://www.edubook.com/skin-secrets-the-best-foundations-for-aging-skin/3331/

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/makeup-tips-for-aging-skin

http://www.beauty-advices.com/a-list-of-the-best-foundations-for-different-skin-types-on-the-market/

http://www.bestcovery.com/best-cream-foundation-for-aging-skin

Hope this helps. Smile
Tori

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I read these and today got a foundation for aging skin. I never knew they existed. It made a world of difference. I love this forum.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Great list! I wasn't even looking for one, but I now want a change. I have been using MMU's but haven't been happy. Also using High Defination and although it covers well, seems heavy. It seems I need one that hydrates as well and has benefits. Thanks for the tips!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had been using Mineral Makeup and had liked it, but found that it wasn't lasting long enough.

About 3 months ago, I started using Bobbi Brown's Luminous foundation and LOVE it. Before using MMU, I had been using Lancome's Teinte Idole. the Luminous foundation by BB is much nicer than the Teinte Idole. While the Teinte Idole gave me long lasting coverage, I also felt like I was wearing a mask. I get the coverage, but not the mask-like feeling with the Luminous by BB.

I also wear a primer underneath it. I like the Nars primer the best. I've used Smashbox, Lancome, Color FX and BB Face Base, but have returned to Nars. I think the BB Face Base may be a good alternative for the warmer months, but the dry-winter skin needs Nars.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using Sulwhasoo's Extra Refining FOundation and make up base and i swear it's really one of the TOP!

here is the description :

1) extra refining radiance foundation

http://www.sulwhasoo.com.hk/en/product/detail.jsp?prdtCd=413024007

-Extra Refining Oil Complex¹ prevent skin damage
and bring refined glow from deep inside for naturally healthy looks.

-The supple jelly-like texture blocks moisture evaporation
from the lipid layer and applies lightly and smoothly
for deep nourishment and long-lasting suppleness and glow.

2) make up base

http://www.sulwhasoo.com.hk/en/product/detail.jsp?prdtCd=413024006

-Red Pine¹, grown in an unpolluted island located near the west coast of Korea
and The concentrate of germnated Five Fruits and Seeds²
protect and revitalize skin youth factors to fill in the skin for firm, translucent looks.

-Network texture designed for the curves of the face
smoothens and lifts the skin surface, while Radiance Complex,
consisting of three-colored jewels, brightens dull face tone for shiny, glowing skin.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
you said you try to apply "heavy moisturizer" before makeup. Yes you need to use some kind of creamy foundation on ur mature skin; however i would also recommend to add some procedure on ur routine skincare:

(exfoliate your skin once a week)--> if you have too much dead cell on skin surface, there is no use to apply the heavy moisturizer b/c the dead skincell will absorb most of them

(do a moisture / anti-aging paper mask at night)

(massage your face for 1-2min with massaging cream or serum in the morning)

(use moisturizer after serum)

(use anti-aging / mature skin primer)

(then use ur foundation, add a drop of ur serum onto ur foundation and mix them together, your foundation will able to stay longer)

thx
fairy8i8
5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have problems with drier patches showing through as well. I have been through almost a hundred foundations trying to find a good one. I like Face Atelier foundation. It is used by pro makeup artists and by Madonna on her music tour, but I don't care about all that. What I care about is that it is the only foundation I have found that does not highlight flakiness, even after I have exfoliated and moisturized.

If you have a favorite foundation already, try a great primer underneath. CoverFX Primer, Smashbox, Makeup Forever all make good ones. If you have a Sephora close by, you can try them out. Bring your foundation along and put it over.

I would not recommend mineral makeup because of your skin getting drier. The minerals often highlight the problem, and even if they don't, it often gives a very matte look that can be aging if your skin already on the dry side.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am considering Lancome Teint Miracle. Have been reading about L'oreal Magic Smooth Souffle lately also:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=138191/magic-smooth-souffle/L-Oreal/Crème
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |