Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Big fat acne breakout...!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I have recently experienced an acne outbreak from hell Shock The only good thing that has come out of this is that it gives me an excuse to have an Eds shopping trip and so I've searched the forum and placed my order for:

- MDF Cleanser with Glycolic Acid
- Dermologica special clearing gel
- Murad skin perfecting lotion

I have also started taking a supplement of vitamin B6 and milk thistle as I have heard that these help with the battle against badly behaved skin. I know that I may be bombarding my body with too many pills and potions....but I have come to the point where I am willing to try anything!!! (well....within reason)!

However, I have come across several bogus acne products in my time that have been nothing but a waste of money, time and hope. I tried the elicina snail stuff - didn't help.

So, if you have a product recommendation that really work (that doesn't include 'acne free in 3 days' I'm afraid!!), I'd love to hear from you.....

PS. If Eds started a 'Blemish Forum'....I'd probably be posting on it every hour Embarassed
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

MD Forte Glycare Perfection Gel is really good...and very reasonable in price (compared to certain purchases of mine Embarassed ).

I bought it because there were so many raves on makeupalley about it so I thought id join the club. It really speeds up healing of acne lesion and mine are only very barely noticeable because of this. Definetly give it a try.

DDF sulfur therapeutic mask is also another great one, as is Dermalogica's medicated clearing gel. Im also a big fan of Sircuits X-Zit.

Well, thats my acne arsenal for you!

HTH

Farouk
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I've found the Yonka line to be great at clearing spots. I've been using the gel nettoyant cleanser and lotion for normal/dry skin with Juvenil as a spot treatment which clears zits really quickly and cleanly, no major breakouts to the surface or scars. The acne-targeted noisturisers are supposed to be excellant for clearing quickly aswell - creme 15, creme PG, I'm still on the way to purchasing these when i've got the cash!
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've found the Yonka line to be great at clearing spots. I've been using the gel nettoyant cleanser and lotion for normal/dry skin with their juveinl which clears zits really quicly and cleanly no major breakouts to the surface or scars. The acne-targeted noisturisers are supposed to be excellant for clearing quickly aswell - creme 15, creme PG, I'm still on the way to purchasing these when i've got the cash!

Don't forget the Juvenil!! Very Happy
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice, I have tried yonka creme 15, and you're right, it really helps as it makes your complexion look really nice and clear.....the only thing is that my skin is quite bad at the moment and so the products that usually help me out, like yonka creme 15 and decleor essential baume are not doing the trick Sad

But, some high street acne creams are sooooo strong, they just burn my skin off Shock not to mention the fact that they're so strong that they bleach my bed sheets sometimes. I really like the fact that the products supplied by Eds don't peel my skin off.

I also just heard that 'Physicians choice' is a good for acne.....anyone out there tried this brand? Is it any good? Although I've just placed my Eds order, it looks like I'll certainly be placing another order very soon...!
Mabsy

Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yazzy - I'd also consider Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel, MD Formulations Clearing Complex and YonKa Juvenil. The Clearing Complex is probably the harshest of the three but it's not really all that harsh in comparison to others.

I'm probably the only one so far that has really disliked Sircuit X-Zit. I had really high hopes after reading a review here but I tried it the other day and it did something I was not expecting. Instead of helping to draw the pimple out, it healed up the top layer of the skin and left all the gunk under the skin. Now I have a healed bump (granted - it healed quickly) on the side of my face! I will give it another go but so far my opinion of this product is really low (and the smell of it doesn't help!).
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean about all the gunk being left inside....a horrible big whopper waiting under the skin and then you just have to wait until it surfaces Rolling Eyes
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
when I had the MASS breakout, I used Erno Lazlo sea mud soap (BLACK), it's really clean and medicated, then use their shake-it toner(has some power in it and some are tinited too), that's it. For spot treatments, I found something really worked for me, but again I don't know where to find in the us, it;s called Fainlise regenerating formula, it's french, in little tubes. if I get a big monster zit coming out, I put it on, next day , it's really gone.

Sircuitskin X-zit and Yonka jeuvenil don't come close.

Also, my friend swears by Proactiv, maybe you can try that too.

Hope this helps,
D

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Yazzy - I'd also consider Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel, MD Formulations Clearing Complex and YonKa Juvenil. The Clearing Complex is probably the harshest of the three but it's not really all that harsh in comparison to others.

I'm probably the only one so far that has really disliked Sircuit X-Zit. I had really high hopes after reading a review here but I tried it the other day and it did something I was not expecting. Instead of helping to draw the pimple out, it healed up the top layer of the skin and left all the gunk under the skin. Now I have a healed bump (granted - it healed quickly) on the side of my face! I will give it another go but so far my opinion of this product is really low (and the smell of it doesn't help!).

I was curious about your recommendations so I took some time to do some of my onw research

Yonka Juvenil

According to the link above, Yonka has Ichthiol, Calendula, Bleu German Chamomile, Lactic Acid and Sweet lime. I'm not that impressed. The ingredients are not proven to really treat pimples although they seem to be good for having smooth healthy skin.

Medicated Clearing Gel

Dermalogica's stuff looks more impressive. It may not be as natural (parabens) but it has Tea tree oil and the active ingredient Salicylic Acid which are known to treat acne plus a handful of natural ingredients proven to help sooth and normalize skin. This is what I'll try if I am sensitive to BP.

MDF Glycare Lotion

MDF Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex

The MDF products has SD Alcohol which may not be good for sensitive skin. The combination of AHA (glycolic or lactic) and BHA (salisylic)in their formulas can be had for much much less using other products(i.e. Paula Begoun's).

I am currently using "Earth Therapeutics Clari-T Acne Serum no. 5" available at

Drugstore.com

and here http://www.earththerapeutics.com/

Works great, smells good, non-drying, non-irritating, and super cheap. Unless you are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide (5%) this is it. The ingredients are very impressive except for that SLS, I really don't get it why that is in there since this is not a toothpaste or a shampoo product, otherwise this would have been a great product. It combines natural and medical ingredients to fight acne.

But if you must have all-natural then you may want to look at this: http://www.skinforlife.com/store/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.display/product_id/98/index.cfm
Mabsy

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:05 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:

<snip>
According to the link above, Yonka has Ichthiol, Calendula, Bleu German Chamomile, Lactic Acid and Sweet lime. I'm not that impressed. The ingredients are not proven to really treat pimples although they seem to be good for having smooth healthy skin.
</snip>

And yet it has worked *so* well for me. Mind you so has the Medicated Clearing Lotion and the Clearing Complex. My skin responds to anti-acne products well in general unless they're based on BP.

I would tend to agree with you about the MDF Clearing Complex not being for very sensitive skins. YonKa would be good (unless one's allergic to some of the natural skincare products) and the Medicated Clearing Gel actually seems quite gentle despite the BHA content.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I just thought that the MDF acne products are nothing special since there are other brands out there that has the same formulations and are sold at a much lower price.
acnesucks
5% products discount

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Try Cetaphil Cleanser and Differin Topical Gel with Tetracycline if your acne is bothering you that badly. It worked for me while I was following the regime but now my prescriptions have run out and my acne is worse than ever!!!

I ordered AcnEase fromwww.acnease.com 85% success rate. A type of all natural "herbal Accutane". I havent gotten it in the mail yet.
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I recently started using some of these products after much research into something for my mature, slightly oily, still breaking out skin.

I chose this line because it is well priced - comparatively speaking and it is simple - does not have hundreds of products. I started with the kit for oily/problem skin and as always had some trepidation about using new products. After about one week, my skin looks better. I notice clarity and smoothness that (after my horrible experience with Philosophy) I had lost. This kit contains the facial wash for oily skin, the smoothing toner, a c product, daytime moisturizer with spf and rebalance moisturizer (which I use at night). There is also an acne cream for occasional, non-severe acne.

I am pleased with these products. I do believe I will order the facial wash for normal skin because of my age. The kit is a great way to try it without going broke.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yazzi supplements of B6 really do help with acne. I cleared my skin by taking a B Vitamin Complex (B6 works best when taken with the other B Vitamins as a group), Zinc and Fish Oils/Vitamin A. Good luck Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Acne Cream--Mix 1 tablespoon powdered sulfur, 8oz of vaseline, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.

1. Wash face
2. Cleans with hydrogine peroxide.
3. Apply homemade acne cream.
4. Go to bed and wash face in the morning.

I had horrible skin as a teenager (pimples on my face, back, chest, and arms). My took me to dermatologist with all the creams this was the only thing that worked.

Finally while at a store an elderly lady walked up to my mom told her how to get rid of by "puberty bumps". Spending $5 was a lot cheaper than $105 to the doctor. We tired it in a matter of a few days my skin took a turn for the better and in a few weeks--WOW. Yes, it really does work. I'm a living testimony.

Most of these are found already in the home while you can get powdered sulfur at Wal-mart, local drugstore, or a feed store. Even today I use it when I start getting "period" breakouts. However, I'm using Obagi to help with the hyperpigmentation from the acne I picked at.
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried castor oil for acne?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |