Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best treatment for a round face that is not lipo??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I have had a round face for quite a while now-maybe a few years I'd say.
Esp my chin and neck area that bothers me.

What would be the best treatments to try to reduce fat or maybe toning on those areas?

I have seen that there are a lot of different laser treatments,RF and not too sure what else.
What works well and is hopefully affordable?

I don't need to lose any weight either-so anything I have ever lost never seems to make my face look any thinner either.

The best answer is probably to go get a cosmetic doctor consultation,but I want to do some of my own research first just to know more of what I could do.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 am      Reply with quote
My boss years ago had a neck like a bullfrog. She had a small incision made under her chin and the fat removed. What a difference! She said it was worth the money.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
If the problem is fat then I think lipo is the best answer for neck/chin. For cheeks they can remove the Buccal fat pads.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Have you looked at the before and afters of Thermage treatments? That looks pretty amazing to me. And If I may be so presumptuous don't over look a new hairdo and color with strategic highlight placement to accent the positive, and lowlights uses to slenderize, and recede. Just trying to cover all bases.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have this same problem but not on the neck or chin just the cheeks, I have am doing facial exercises but this wont slim my cheeks just lift them up.
I had 1 accent treatment 4 weeks ago but decided not to carry on as its expensive and the reviews are mixed for facial slimming.
I am now using the tripollar pose rf (this on is for the body) on their website it says you can use it on the chin so I decided to use it on my cheeks. I only have a small amount of fat to remove so hopefully it will work, I have done 2 treatments on low, and if your interested will keep you informed if its successfull I will post photos.
helen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa,
I have a very full and round face, but a slender body. No amount of weight loss has or will change the basic structure of my face--high, wide cheekbones. I used to hate my full face. HOWEVER, now that I am over 50 I am reaping the benefits of this bone structure. As others my age are complaining of their cheeks sliding down their face, volume loss and the gaunt look accompanying these changes, I now see a youthful looking face and thank my lucky stars that I didn't mess around with my face when I was younger---just something to think about.
Cuddles
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
you are lucky there are many young people I am reading about who had buccal fat removal or lipo and now regret it. I on the other hand am now 44 and still have chubby cheeks, they are not as bad as they used to be and are now lower on my face but I still hate them. I am doing facial exercises and had fillers in my cheeks about a year ago so by the time the fillers go hopefully I will have fuller cheeks from exercise.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I also have chubby cheeks. People consistently think I'm 5-10 years younger than I really am. I'm 26 now and it can be really annoying. I don't mind it so much, though, chubby cheeks are cute and I'm sure when I am 40 I will really enjoy people thinking I'm 30.
But my chin and neck bother me, too. I'm super skinny but seem to have a slight double chin. It makes me so self-conscious. Even if I work out it only ever decreases a little bit Sad
I have been wondering about surgery before, but am too broke at the moment (and too scared).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info and tips.

I will try and change my hairstyle soon, I guess.

Don't really want to do anything invasive.
Not too crazy about the lipo idea.
I don't really want to have any more surgery on any face areas...even though I did have surgery on one eye twice and the doctor only used local freezing (and that was not fun).

I probably am going to get surgery on my eye again first as I have a small problem with it...but have been putting that off as I do not want to walk around looking like I was punched in the face for 2 months...

But I did just buy a local coupon deal for a doctor's office that does glycolic peels (actually wanted one a while ago) and with that was a doctor's consultation.

So maybe I can kind of decide what to do then.
I had heard of the doctor and place I bought the deal for a long time ago,so kind of nice to get a discount!

I'm also on a budget right now as I have to pay $4,000 for Invisalign this year!

Guess I can't change everything I'd like at once. That's ok though,I guess.

I am much happier with my teeth though Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
What about the Tanaka massage, thats worked to slim down quite a few people's faces who had big cheeks etc. There's an English translation of the video on youtube, and a large thread mentioning some of the results people have had.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Another non-invasive idea...

Might it be the result of a hormonal imbalance, and treatable with natural hormonal supplements?

I just read the book The Hormone Solution by Dr. Thierry Hertoghe, and possible culprits for an unusually round face are excess cortisol and/or deficient growth hormone, testosterone, or thyroid (ch. 5). Apparently, supplements and nutritional support might help lose fat in "all the right places."

Cheers,
Kay

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |