Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to know whether to increase RA percent? ro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
how do I know if and when I should increase my retin A percentages? at what rate do most people do this? thanks
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
sweetsweettart wrote:
how do I know if and when I should increase my retin A percentages? at what rate do most people do this? thanks

I think most of us don't go over o.05% because research has shown that there isn't a significant increase of collagen after that percentage but there is a significant increase in side effects. If you have acne, that might be a different story and you might have to go up to 0.1% to control the symptoms.

Unless you specially compound the tretinoin, it comes only in 0.025% and 0.05% (and 0.1%).

How you progress with tretinoin will depend partly on how sensitive is your skin.

I would first use 0.025% every other day until I tolerate it well. Then I would use 2 days and rest one day. Then every day. After I tolerate 0.025% every day I would alternate 2 days of 0.025% and one day of 0.05%, then 1 day of 0.025% and one day of 0.05%. When my skin is fine with that, then I would switch to 0.05% every day.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 am      Reply with quote
You should be working with a derm and go by his recommendation if your using Retin A for sure. As Josee says though, there isn't much benefit in going above 0.5%. The studies have proven this already. All the Retin A studies that showed photo aging age reversal were done with nightly application and over a years period. Its since been discussed by the pros that nightly is too much for most people and that the same results can be achieved with every other night.
sweetsweettart wrote:
Moonface001
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree with what both replies are telling you here. So basically there is no specific time frame. Just go by how your skin is handeling the product. If you can tolerate 0.25% then go up to 0.5%. Remember to go slowly.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |