Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

exhausted mom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MStowell

Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have a question regarding sleep and skin. I have a 7 month old teething daughter who is breastfed. We have not been sleeping but a few disrupted hours a night. My face is breaking out on my chin and jawline and a little on my face. Could this be because of the little sleep? Also getting dark eye circles Confused Poor little angel though... I know she is feeling horrible, and still a little sweetie. But anyway any suggestions for my skin?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
You should check you are getting a good healthy diet and drinking enough fluids. It is easy with a new baby (or even teenagers!) to get run down.
In terms of stuff to put on your face, I would suggest eyebright
Vit C serum (both from cellular skin)
and maybe an exfoliating mask, preferably one which you have to close your eyes and lie down for Wink

Another tip if you have itchy eyes in the night is this.
Go to bed with some chamomile tea sweetend with honey. Keep the tea bags in the cup...if you don't have a partner who will drink it, use 2 bags in your cup. After you have settled your babe back down in the middle of the night, put the tea bags on your eyes for a few mins before you nod off again. It's really good if you use honey to sweeten your tea as well Smile
You could also try giving chamomile as a drink for babe. My sprogs used to love it
HTH, Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
My heart goes out to you, my son is turning 6 in February and I remember those days like they were yesterday!

Suffer through with dignity, a sense of humor and as little vanity as you can manage (not easy, I know). Wait until she's done breastfeeding and you understand first hand what I mean about "ski-slope boobies"

In the meantime, I wish someone had told me about Eye Bright and Vit C serums, I recently (in the past 3 months) started using both products and have seen a noticeable difference, especially under my eyes!

Drink more water than you can stand (I know you're already certain your bladder must have shrunk in labor and delivery) and although it just seems impossible, find a little energy for exercise. The energy you expend will come back times 3, I promise.

Good luck!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing your face is breaking out due to stress!

My daughter is now 2 and a half and I am just weaning/weaned her.

Just eat as well as you can and drink lots of water and keep to your skincare routine as much as possible. (Of course I'd like to say get more sleep but I know you would be if you could! Sad ) Good luck!
Mabsy

Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think you could be breaking out for a number of reasons. First is just lack of sleep, second could be stress (lack of vit B?), third could be hormonal. I think breakouts around the chin area are often hormonal - or at least that is what I have read.

The dark cirlces are definitely due to lack of sleep (unless you have some underlying allergy).

I think more important that skincare, you should make sure you're eating well and drinking plenty of water. In terms of skincare, I think a bit of exfoliation and a vitamin C serum would help you. I really like Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue for dark circles under the eyes. In all honesty though, if you didn't have dark circles before and you just have them now then they are there because of lack of sleep. If that is the case then I don't think you need a specific product for dark circles - you just need sleep (as hard as that may be at the moment)!

All the best,
Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |