Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Good Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

Can anyone recommend good non-greasy titanium dioxide sunscreen to wear with CPs in the morning?

Thanks!
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins UV Plus SPF 40 is quite nice. Very lightweight liquid.

Priori also do a tinted cream in their coffee berry range. It felt nice on when I tried it but the tint didn't work well with my skin tone.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE "Procyte Neova Ti-Silc" it comes sheer or tinted. I get the tinted. It was in my aftercare pack from my PS when I had my face done. I have used it ever since. And it is inexpensive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Don't all the Neova Ti-Silc sunscreens also contain octinoxate?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add the Clarins spf 30 eye cream is great for around the eyes. It has titanium dioxide only. No fragrance. (I believe the face version has fragrance.)

It is great for oily lids as it dries matt and seems to help keep eye shadow on.

I have used it on my face.It is too costly to be using this on a regular basis allover the face.

The tube is 20ml.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
Don't all the Neova Ti-Silc
sunscreens also contain octinoxate?

I went to the Skincancer.org website my favorite is not on their approved list! I am going to replace this and get an approved tinted sunscreen. Thank you Russian Sunshine for asking the question, and thank you Josh for asking ME the question.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Clarins Super restorative day cream SPF 20. It is a beautiful shade and goes on smoothly. I haven't used foundation in quite a while and actually missed the "finished" look that it gives the skin. Any way more to the point, Mine WAS NOT on the skin cancer approved list, and as Josh pointed out had a questionable ingredient. So wanting a multi purpose product I decided to give this a try, and although quite pricey, the sales associate said if I didn't like it I could return it. I really like the look and feel of this, the color held up well through out the day, and of course it has the Skin Cancer seal of approval. check out yours at www.skincancer.org I appreciate the information Josh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Can anyone recommend good non-greasy titanium dioxide sunscreen to wear with CPs in the morning?

Thanks!

Russian - have you considered the SB ones? They have the Copper Sun for the body and the Day Cover for the face. They have a lot of antioxidants in them to help w/ sun protection and a little bit of TiO2 to help as well. I find they work great for an everyday type of SS since they don't have a lot of TiO2 but do have the CPs in them for the skin remodeling. CPs are antioxidants themselves, so they also offer some sun protection.

These two are non-greasy, even though they are in cream form. I can use the Day Cover w/ no problems even though I have oily skin. Their one downfall is the scent (phew) They could do better on that one. I actually add a bit of an essential oil to the copper sun to help w/ that scent.

If I'm going out in the sun all day or the sun is VERY strong, I will top these w/ another SS. I have to have a zinc based SS for my chest as it's terribly sensitive to the sun. But I will put on the Copper Sun, then top it w/ some emu oil (to have another layer between it and the zinc) before I put on a zinc based SS.

I also use a mineral makeup for my face and that offers a SPF20.

Finally, I have used (occassionally) a TiO2 based sS from alba botanica. It has more TiO2 in it than the one from SB, but I think the SB one does a better job of protecting. Perhaps that's because the SB one has more antioxidants in it?? Not sure, but I do like it better.

AALLLSOOO - (sorry, long and winded) In the summers, I do finish the day with another application of CPs. For my body - I use the Body Lotion and have found it to cut down any pinkness I might have gotten earlier if I ended up out in the sun too long. I normally don't tan and by using these products the last two summers, I did develop a little bit of one. No burns though and my skin is in great shape! Friends have commented on my 'lack' of those nasty sleep wrinkles on my chest, even.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
foxe, I tried the SB Day Cover, but it does not provide enough sun protection for me, even if I don't walk a lot in the sun Sad
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to hear that. have you tried a MMU?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

While I am a huge MMU fan and wear it daily; I do NOT count on my MMU for full sunscreen protection. I apply a few grains for my whole face and do not feel that is enough protection on its own. It does work well over most moisturizer/sunscreen products.

I am always looking for a better sunscreen so I do read these posts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Hi Ladies,

Thanks!

Did you go to thewww.skincancer.org website? I'm sure you can find something there. In the summer I actually use a sunblock made for children when I am going to be in the sun a lot or in my pool. When I work I carry an umbrella so when I wait for my bus I use my umbrella to keep the sun off of my skin. From going to the skincancer website I found out that there are umbrella's and parasols (how sweet is that) that have spf's as well! so that is my next research project!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using NCN's Mineral Liquid Powder foundation SPF 15. Do you think together with Day Cover it will be enough?

foxe wrote:
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I've used foundations in the past that had both TiO2 and ZnO in them and things worked out fine.

Maybe what you can do is put the Day Cover over your CPs (for an extra layer) and then apply your SS.

Also, is the AM the only time you can use the CPs? What active are you using at night?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but I think California Baby is a titanium dioxide only. Colorscience power has the combo TiO2 and ZnO, but maybe you could consider something like that on top?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I've used foundations in the past that had both TiO2 and ZnO in them and things worked out fine.

Maybe what you can do is put the Day Cover over your CPs (for an extra layer) and then apply your SS.

Also, is the AM the only time you can use the CPs? What active are you using at night?

foxe, if I put extra layer of the Day Cover over my CPs, will it not be too much of CPs? I'm on GHK serum now.

I use Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi or Retin A at night.

riley, I like to apply Orb on top of my MMU, but not in winter since my skin is drier.

Have you tried the California Baby?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried the Califonia Baby SS, RussianSunshine, sorry!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
The SB Day Cover is such a nice product I wonder if a person could just add more Titanium Dioxide to it for more protection.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:07 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
The SB Day Cover is such a nice product I wonder if a person could just add more Titanium Dioxide to it for more protection.

That's exactly the issue! Why can they not add a bit more Titanium Dioxide to the Day Cover?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I'm using NCN's Mineral Liquid Powder foundation SPF 15. Do you think together with Day Cover it will be enough?

foxe wrote:

Together, it might be a good combo. BUT, it will depend on your skin and how it reacts to sun (some are more sensitive and burn easier).

For me, just using the Day Cover when I'm running around is enough. If I spend more time in the sun, a topping over the CPs or Day Cover w/ my MMU (SPF 20) is great protection. But I will find my nose needs more - so that will get a spot of a stronger SS w/ zinc in it.

I have found that over the last 2 summers, my skin has gotten healthier and doesn't react to the sun as badly as it use to. I had a couple of really nasty spots that use to always burn, and then peel and flake for days on end afterwards - even w/ a strong SS on top and moisturized constantly post sun-exposure. Those spots no longer do that and they look so much healthier, too. I can no longer see the 'spots' themselves. They have come a l-o-n-g way in the last few years of using CPs. I had even feared that these spots would turn into pre-cancerous ones, but I no longer worry about that as they look like they're completely normal now. CPs will make your skin healthier so they can handle bad conditions like sun exposure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:

The Copper Sun has more TiO2 in it.

Also, the Alba Botanical SS would give you that extra protection of TiO2 (it has 18% in it).

I think just using the Day Cover in the AM as a protective layer before adding a physical SS that has either TiO2 &/or ZnO in it would be fine and not worry about anything from there. Just add a CP at night for your active and to keep any damage from sun exposure during the day away.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I love "Biotherm white detox extra dual layer Corrective Make-up Base SPF25/PA++" it covers UVB and UVA, and is enough for me.
Ingredients are as follows: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide(sunscreen effect in physics), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate(sunscreen effect in chemistry), Water, Isododecane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Drometrizole Trisiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-66, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Triticum Vulgare/Wheat Germ Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitreoscilla Ferment, Ci 77007/Ultramarines, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |